Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency

Beasley 4 years 29 million
John Brown 3 years 27 million
Both to the Bills.
I guess Golden Tate and New England could happen.
Bills overpaid Brown 9 million per year is Humphries money.

Get out of our fuzzy happy place sir. There is a 10% tax to get guys to Buffalo if you aren't aware.

So clearly Beasley is our slot - Foster/Brown on the outside.

Zay is our #4?

Also, Beane is killing FA

C - Morse
G/C - Long
WR - Brown
Slot - Beasley
TE - Kroft
CB - K. Johnson
RB - Gore

Well the downside of that is that only 1 of those guys is probably an above average NFL starter. I'm just happy that the others are capable of contributing at this level which is what we were lacking all over the place last year.

I like the WR additions. Been awhile since we've been able to fill that position with legitimate NFL caliber talent.

Get out of our fuzzy happy place sir. There is a 10% tax to get guys to Buffalo if you aren't aware.
Brown is a smaller DK Metcalf without the hype so you guys won’t be drafting him.
If you have the cap space by all means give to the players but I don’t see Brown at all worth that money.
Beasley will be a Julian Edelman type if used properly but I didn’t realize he is 30 so he isn’t much younger than Edelman.

I don't think Zay is a lock to be on the roster when Week 1 rolls around.

Like these two pickups a lot; could still use a go-to guy, but Foster and Brown will draw coverage from safeties on every play and that should open up the middle of the field for Allen's runs and Beasley's routes.

I don't think Zay is a lock to be on the roster when Week 1 rolls around.

Like these two pickups a lot; could still use a go-to guy, but Foster and Brown will draw coverage from safeties on every play and that should open up the middle of the field for Allen's runs and Beasley's routes.
At the minimum he is good depth at a relatively low first contract cost. Curious how good our receivers are considered at blocking now that we might be able to get RBs actually past the line of scrimmage.

Zay came on enough at the end of last year to warrant him being our #4 WR on a Rookie Contract.

We’re clearly going with the Bears approach of rolling out a bunch of 2/3 WRs all over the field.

Lots of speed out there in that group.

I don’t know who this Redskins Tackle is that we just signed but literally every analyst is giving him rave reviews.

Crushing it in FA right now. I don't know a ton about Nsekhe but getting another tackle for this Oline was paramount. Really opens us up for some interesting draft picks.

Would think Jordan Mills is gone. Not sure what he was costing. Still looking for a DE (Ansah?), a potential difference maker at TE in the draft (not sure if the guy we signed is that) and a stud OT from the draft.

Would think Jordan Mills is gone. Not sure what he was costing. Still looking for a DE (Ansah?), a potential difference maker at TE in the draft (not sure if the guy we signed is that) and a stud OT from the draft.

And a 3 tech DT probably, which might end up being the play at #9.

I’d say right now our OL looks like:

Dawkins-Teller-Morse-Long-Nsekhe

I’d expect to see another G and T brought in with Long able to play G/C and Nsekhe able to play G/T providing versatility along the line.

Brown is a smaller DK Metcalf without the hype so you guys won’t be drafting him.
If you have the cap space by all means give to the players but I don’t see Brown at all worth that money.
Beasley will be a Julian Edelman type if used properly but I didn’t realize he is 30 so he isn’t much younger than Edelman.

Lol. You have literally 0 idea who they are gonna draft and neither do we. Brown is basically the opposite of Metcalf besides both having great straight line speed. One is a speedy, shifty smurf and the other is a beast with speed but no lateral quickness. None of these guys will stop them from drafting Metcalf or any WR if they are the best player available. They have previously shown a love for big WRs so these 2 signings were hopefully them figuring out that size no longer really matters given all of the rule changes. Either way, both these deals have outs after 2 years and all of the WRs on the rosters are #2/3s so they absolutely could draft a #1 if they feel there is value there.

The good and bad of free agency. It's really easy to bring in a bunch of guys when you are willing to pay them more than anyone else. The downside being that no one else wanted to pay them that much, specifically the team that knows them best. Good part for us is that the roster was so bare that these guys should all be able to have a decent impact and shouldn't have to eat a lot of money on the back end since they appear to be front loaded.

The good and bad of free agency. It's really easy to bring in a bunch of guys when you are willing to pay them more than anyone else. The downside being that no one else wanted to pay them that much, specifically the team that knows them best. Good part for us is that the roster was so bare that these guys should all be able to have a decent impact and shouldn't have to eat a lot of money on the back end since they appear to be front loaded.
We have crazy cap space next year so front loading for two years makes sense. Front office seems to know what they're doing including over the long term.

We have crazy cap space next year so front loading for two years makes sense. Front office seems to know what they're doing including over the long term.

*had crazy cap space.

Obviously no one really knows what next years FA class looks like but man this years was brutal. Especially with so many teams having outrageous amounts of space.

*had crazy cap space.

Obviously no one really knows what next years FA class looks like but man this years was brutal. Especially with so many teams having outrageous amounts of space.
You seem down on what this team is doing?...

I think they’ve done a phenomenal job finding good players that don’t warrant massive overpays in areas of need so far.

You seem down on what this team is doing?...

I think they’ve done a phenomenal job finding good players that don’t warrant massive overpays in areas of need so far.

There's just a very long history of teams spending a bunch of money in FA and an equally long history of it not working out. It's hard not to notice all of the teams that are spending big are ones that have no history of recent success and the ones sitting back collecting comp picks are ones that are perennial contenders.

I'm honestly just most excited that with these pick-ups that we will be able to have a best player philosophy throughout the draft without leaving any spots weak enough that they can derail a whole unit like the O-line did last year.

There's just a very long history of teams spending a bunch of money in FA and an equally long history of it not working out. It's hard not to notice all of the teams that are spending big are ones that have no history of recent success and the ones sitting back collecting comp picks are ones that are perennial contenders.

I'm honestly just most excited that with these pick-ups that we will be able to have a best player philosophy throughout the draft without leaving any spots weak enough that they can derail a whole unit like the O-line did last year.

This has definitely been true in the past, but devil's advocate, Philly and the Rams have been as aggressive as anyone these past couple years and they've achieved serious levels of success the last two seasons and appear poised to continue doing so moving forwards (at least while their QBs are on rookie contracts).

And not all free agency spending is equal. These contracts that Buffalo for example is signing aren't like the fully-guaranteed deal Kirk Cousins got last year. Buffalo is signing these deals with a focus on remaining flexible so that if a signing works out, great, but if it doesn't, they can move on pretty much painlessly.

None of these contracts appear to really have potential of coming back to bite Buffalo in the ass; the only one that really has serious strings attached is Morse's deal, which could go south if he continues to struggle with injuries but is also probably the biggest upside deal of the bunch.

I was notably pretty pessimistic about the moves that we made last offseason; wasn't a fan of Star, Ivory, or Vontae Davis's contracts, and while I loved Josh Allen and liked Edmunds as prospects, I wasn't really a fan of the trade-ups (especially in the case of Edmunds). I think this offseason's moves have all been pretty solid so far. Brown and Beasley make so much sense on this team. It sounds like the O-Lineman from Washington is a really solid pickup. I like the flier we took on Kevin Johnson and Frank Gore. I think fans should be pretty happy with free agency so far.

This has definitely been true in the past, but devil's advocate, Philly and the Rams have been as aggressive as anyone these past couple years and they've achieved serious levels of success the last two seasons and appear poised to continue doing so moving forwards (at least while their QBs are on rookie contracts).

And not all free agency spending is equal. These contracts that Buffalo for example is signing aren't like the fully-guaranteed deal Kirk Cousins got last year. Buffalo is signing these deals with a focus on remaining flexible so that if a signing works out, great, but if it doesn't, they can move on pretty much painlessly.

None of these contracts appear to really have potential of coming back to bite Buffalo in the ass; the only one that really has serious strings attached is Morse's deal, which could go south if he continues to struggle with injuries but is also probably the biggest upside deal of the bunch.

I was notably pretty pessimistic about the moves that we made last offseason; wasn't a fan of Star, Ivory, or Vontae Davis's contracts, and while I loved Josh Allen and liked Edmunds as prospects, I wasn't really a fan of the trade-ups (especially in the case of Edmunds). I think this offseason's moves have all been pretty solid so far. Brown and Beasley make so much sense on this team. It sounds like the O-Lineman from Washington is a really solid pickup. I like the flier we took on Kevin Johnson and Frank Gore. I think fans should be pretty happy with free agency so far.
Even Morse has a VAST majority of his guaranteed money in the first 2 years of the deal, so if he is missing time due to concussions or whatnot, we, like everyone else we’ve signed, can move on after 2 years without much of a cap hit.

I like the low key route myself but they pretty much divested themselves of that path to a good team when they traded up 4-5 times in the last 2 drafts. Now it's on Allen. He better be good. No excuses even though he doesn't have the best supporting cast, it's not the worst anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom