Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency

Yeah, that article is wrong. The $33 million guaranteed from Pittsburgh's offer wasn't actually guaranteed. Pittsburgh only offered $10 million fully guaranteed.

And this article from today says it was $15M guaranteed in the Steelers offer:

NFL Free Agency: Le'Veon Bell Fails To Reset RB Market In Deal With The Jets

So the real answer is that no one really knows what the guarantees were in that offer. But what everyone does know is that he lost out on $14.5 million last year for sure, something that this new deal does not recover.

Either way he guaranteed himself life changing money and managed to not get hurt last year. Not a particularly bad outcome.

I just feel so good about the manner in which the team is being constructed. We continue to see a plan. Systematic, value based transactions.

The days of a cobbled together roster are over. A team is being built from the ground up. We will be drafting BPA come draft time and I think that is where Beane and his scouting department shine most.

We are in good hands folks. Sit back and enjoy it.

Ziggy Ansah 6'6" 275. When trying out for the BYU track team (before taking up football), he ran a 10.91 100m. Fingers crossed.

As someone that has also closely followed the Lions as part of my family is from Detroit, he would worry me a great deal on anything more than a 1 year Prove-It kind of deal. Constantly injured and disappears. Think he's only had sacks in like 9 games over the last 2 years. 3 of those games were multiple sack games which is great but rare. Perfect situation would actually be a 2 year deal that was incentive-laden with per game roster bonuses and a team-friendly team option in year 2. No lose situation with that setup.

As someone that has also closely followed the Lions as part of my family is from Detroit, he would worry me a great deal on anything more than a 1 year Prove-It kind of deal. Constantly injured and disappears. Think he's only had sacks in like 9 games over the last 2 years. 3 of those games were multiple sack games which is great but rare. Perfect situation would actually be a 2 year deal that was incentive-laden with per game roster bonuses and a team-friendly team option in year 2. No lose situation with that setup.
You know I always wonder (Jacoby Ellsbury aside) the extent to which any given player being "more injury prone"- not involving a recurring injury - was a matter of happenstance as opposed to a player actually being more injury prone.

You know I always wonder (Jacoby Ellsbury aside) the extent to which any given player being "more injury prone"- not involving a recurring injury - was a matter of happenstance as opposed to a player actually being more injury prone.

I usually discount things like broken bones as that is more of a bad luck thing then the guys that constantly have ligament and muscle issues. Think he's had a few different things like a torn bicep, shoulder, ankle over the years.

In the era of no kick returns - he has been the only guy that made me nervous every time we kicked to him.

He was great in both games against us. Popped on the screen. Not sure what the money is, but I like it.

I'm not going to get that optimistic until I see Allen play like an elite QB. This is the same team that thought Peterman was a starting NFL QB.

Sorry man, missing the playoffs 18/19 years will do that to ya
Peterman has nothing to do with what is taking place at OBD right now.

He was a 5th round QB who got a few starts and devolved into a disaster.

It’s not an indictment on anyone except Peterman.

Peterman has nothing to do with what is taking place at OBD right now.

He was a 5th round QB who got a few starts and devolved into a disaster.

It’s not an indictment on anyone except Peterman.

Wasn't Beane the one who drafted him? Or I'm sorry McDermott?

I'm gonna file the Roberts signing away in the "moves I disagree with" category (at least until I see contract terms).

On a related note, it seems like Zay and especially McKenzie's roster spots are very much in jeopardy, and that's without drafting a WR (which it's starting to look like we might actually not do which will also end up in the "moves I disagree with" category if it comes to fruition.

Last edited:
I'm gonna file the Roberts signing away in the "moves I disagree with" category (at least until I see contract terms).

On a related note, it seems like Zay and especially McKenzie's roster spots are very much in jeopardy, and that's without drafting a WR (which it's starting to look like we might actually not do which will also end up in the "moves I disagree with" category if it comes to fruition.

I think Zay is completely safe. 4 best games of his career came in the 2nd half of last year. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the leading receiver on the team next year.

I think Zay is completely safe. 4 best games of his career came in the 2nd half of last year. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the leading receiver on the team next year.

Eh, we'll see. At minimum it appears that Brown, Beasley, and Roberts are locks to be on the roster (depends on Roberts' contract though), and I think Foster has surpassed Zay at least for the time being. Zay has always projected to be better in the slot than he is out wide and that spot now belongs to Beasley. I think he's looking at backup duties at best and possibly being a training camp cut, especially if the Bills draft a WR or two like they should.

Eh, we'll see. At minimum it appears that Brown, Beasley, and Roberts are locks to be on the roster (depends on Roberts' contract though), and I think Foster has surpassed Zay at least for the time being. Zay has always projected to be better in the slot than he is out wide and that spot now belongs to Beasley. I think he's looking at backup duties at best and possibly being a training camp cut, especially if the Bills draft a WR or two like they should.

I'm assuming that Roberts is on the team mostly as a special teamer. Don't think his signing impacts Zay at all. Zay had more catches last year (56) than Roberts has had in the last four years combined (36).

4 wide sets are pretty prevalent these days so even the 4th guy would see a ton of snaps. I imagine that the WRs kept will likely be Zay/Brown/Beasley/Foster/Roberts and probably S.Williams as the 6th as long as he plays special teams along with Roberts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom