Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency

He got 27 over 3 while we're paying 28 over the 1st 2 to Morse. Something fishy going on there unless we were just lead by the media to believes Paradis was the clear #1 guy at C.

He got 27 over 3 while we're paying 28 over the 1st 2 to Morse. Something fishy going on there unless we were just lead by the media to believes Paradis was the clear #1 guy at C.

His first year of the deal is 11.5 million. He is several years older then Morse as well. I do agree though that seems like a good deal for Carolina. Jets couldn't match that? Bizarre?

This has definitely been true in the past, but devil's advocate, Philly and the Rams have been as aggressive as anyone these past couple years and they've achieved serious levels of success the last two seasons and appear poised to continue doing so moving forwards (at least while their QBs are on rookie contracts).

And not all free agency spending is equal. These contracts that Buffalo for example is signing aren't like the fully-guaranteed deal Kirk Cousins got last year. Buffalo is signing these deals with a focus on remaining flexible so that if a signing works out, great, but if it doesn't, they can move on pretty much painlessly.

None of these contracts appear to really have potential of coming back to bite Buffalo in the ass; the only one that really has serious strings attached is Morse's deal, which could go south if he continues to struggle with injuries but is also probably the biggest upside deal of the bunch.

I was notably pretty pessimistic about the moves that we made last offseason; wasn't a fan of Star, Ivory, or Vontae Davis's contracts, and while I loved Josh Allen and liked Edmunds as prospects, I wasn't really a fan of the trade-ups (especially in the case of Edmunds). I think this offseason's moves have all been pretty solid so far. Brown and Beasley make so much sense on this team. It sounds like the O-Lineman from Washington is a really solid pickup. I like the flier we took on Kevin Johnson and Frank Gore. I think fans should be pretty happy with free agency so far.

6 teams received more than 1 comp pick this year. Rams and Eagles were 2 of them. They are smart with how they do things. They make most of their big moves via trade or pick up guys that were cut. They don't usually venture into real FA. Same things appears to be happening this year with Eagles grabbing M.Jackson after he was release and trading for D.Jackson. Roseman is a master. Snead seems pretty good too.

Again, I'm not disappointed or anything with the pickups as I love the flexibility that they all provide for this and future drafts. Folks just need to keep perspective that each of these guys was available for pretty obvious reasons and only Morse is likely to be around in 2021.

LMAO, that franchise man.
I think they eventually end up with Bell, but man... they started out throwing body blows in FA and now they’re just getting embarrassed at every turn.

Even their prize signing, Mosley, was a massive overpay because he wanted to stay in Balt.

I think they eventually end up with Bell, but man... they started out throwing body blows in FA and now they’re just getting embarrassed at every turn.

Even their prize signing, Mosley, was a massive overpay because he wanted to stay in Balt.

I was honestly getting nervous about them. Mosley in the middle with Barr coming off the edge in Gregg Williams Def. Thought Paradis and Bell were going to follow and then Allen or Q.Williams in the draft. Had the makings of some serious upgrades but thankfully it's partially blown up.

Add G Feliciano from the Raiders to the OL. Snagged who many thought would be Osemele’s replacement.
Interesting choice. Man the front office Really didn't like last year's OL (and they would be correct). Feliciano only has a handful of career starts. He is part Sicilian - so that's good.

Interesting choice. Man the front office Really didn't like last year's OL (and they would be correct). Feliciano only has a handful of career starts. He is part Sicilian - so that's good.
Another guy, like the Tackle we signed earlier, who has rave reviews from analysts and fans of the former team were upset to see leave.

Not sure the legitimacy of this but...

Sports News Buffalo (@SportsNewsBuff)
3/12/19, 8:48 PM
The Bills have entertained a trade with Houston GM Brian Gaine. Beane and Gaine have a great working relationship and tagged DE Jadeveon Clowney has been brought up if Ansah doesn't materialize/price is right as per source.

Another guy, like the Tackle we signed earlier, who has rave reviews from analysts and fans of the former team were upset to see leave.
Yeah I've been reading that.

Not sure the legitimacy of this but...

Sports News Buffalo (@SportsNewsBuff)
3/12/19, 8:48 PM
The Bills have entertained a trade with Houston GM Brian Gaine. Beane and Gaine have a great working relationship and tagged DE Jadeveon Clowney has been brought up if Ansah doesn't materialize/price is right as per source.
Wait. Clowney is the Fallback?

That twitter account is most likely full of it but it is a believable theory

Bell to Jets
Seemed all but destined to happen. Nobody else was going to pay that. Not a horrible contract though if he plays up to his pre-sabbatical ability.

Will be interesting to see how he runs behind a patchwork OL.

53796639_2409009819145692_1338052105646112768_n.jpg

Not taking the franchise tag seems like a mistake in retrospect (though if he gets hurt this past season, he probably doesn't even get this deal), but regarding the $70 million versus $50 million, he got more guaranteed dollars with the $50 million deal.

Not taking the franchise tag seems like a mistake in retrospect (though if he gets hurt this past season, he probably doesn't even get this deal), but regarding the $70 million versus $50 million, he got more guaranteed dollars with the $50 million deal.

Meh, not by much if you believe this article. Also, foregoing $14.5M last year has to count against whatever contract he signed with the Jets.

Le'Veon Bell's deal with Jets worse than Steelers' 2018 offer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom