Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency

Exclusive peak inside the Bills RB meeting room

201507559c005d9c159.jpg
No - these are those old dudes at Mar-a-Lago running the VA.

Love the Morse signing but the only question is if he can stay healthy. He hasn't successfully done that the past 2 seasons.
We still have Bodine, right? Not an ideal starter but he’s a capable backup if needed.

Thankfully someone tied their hands and didn't let them sign Funchess!

Love the Morse signing but the only question is if he can stay healthy. He hasn't successfully done that the past 2 seasons.

Always a reason that guys make it to FA. If they don't have some kind of issue then they'd get extended.

Funchess or Kwon... most ridiculous contract of the day?

The Funchess one is including the incentives so it’s probably not all that bad, especially considering it’s a 1 year deal. The Kwon deal is only beaten by the Foles and Landon Collins contracts in terms of ridiculousness IMO.

LOVE the Morse signing. Yes paid top shelf for him but to get an elite center for a second year QB- just a great pick up.

Like others I think the Johnson signing is a nice move and am not sure about the Gore move- but hey, it is a 1yr/2m deal- not like when Whaley was handing out four year extensions like candy that became dead money.

I think this sets us up nicely for the draft- take best available at 9 if someone is there who you really like, or more likely - trade back and stockpile some picks. WR pool is super deep in the second round, wouldn’t be against them focusing their efforts there if the stars align. Or, go DL or TE in the first if the option presents itself.

Cannot wait for the draft! Hope springs eternal...

LOVE the Morse signing. Yes paid top shelf for him but to get an elite center for a second year QB- just a great pick up.

Like others I think the Johnson signing is a nice move and am not sure about the Gore move- but hey, it is a 1yr/2m deal- not like when Whaley was handing out four year extensions like candy that became dead money.

I think this sets us up nicely for the draft- take best available at 9 if someone is there who you really like, or more likely - trade back and stockpile some picks. WR pool is super deep in the second round, wouldn’t be against them focusing their efforts there if the stars align. Or, go DL or TE in the first if the option presents itself.

Cannot wait for the draft! Hope springs eternal...
So far, I’m cautiously optimistic.

Morse is a Grade A signing. Getting a big time OL piece was beyond necessary to have any type of successful offseason. This is Part 1 and hopefully Part 2 is coming soon in the form of a RT or G.

Johnson, Long and Gore are all solid depth signings without paying much. These moves all look a lot better with another big signing or two.

Kroft is a potential based signing. Not sure how I feel about it as we paid a pretty penny for him. If he lives up to his potential, he’s a legit TE #2.

So far, I’m cautiously optimistic.

Morse is a Grade A signing. Getting a big time OL piece was beyond necessary to have any type of successful offseason. This is Part 1 and hopefully Part 2 is coming soon in the form of a RT or G.

Johnson, Long and Gore are all solid depth signings without paying much. These moves all look a lot better with another big signing or two.

Kroft is a potential based signing. Not sure how I feel about it as we paid a pretty penny for him. If he lives up to his potential, he’s a legit TE #2.

Signing guys in FA is usually a losing proposition. The hope here is that they are able to plug the desperate needs that can sink the ship which in turn allows them to go BPA the entire draft. There's no spot outside of QB and now C where they couldn't use some help. Can argue safety and that's it.

Signing guys in FA is usually a losing proposition. The hope here is that they are able to plug the desperate needs that can sink the ship which in turn allows them to go BPA the entire draft. There's no spot outside of QB and now C where they couldn't use some help. Can argue safety and that's it.
tremaine-edmunds.jpg

tre-white-droy-story.jpg

Those are singular players. Their position groups still have pretty big holes.
Secondary is pretty loaded, as is Linebacker.

White
Wallace
T. Johnson
K. Johnson

Hyde
Poyer
Neal (?) Could use a depth signing/pick at Safety

Lorax
Edmunds
Milano

On Defense, we’re a starting DE, DT, LB/S depth away from being about as loaded as it gets.

Secondary is pretty loaded, as is Linebacker.

White
Wallace
T. Johnson
K. Johnson

Hyde
Poyer
Neal (?) Could use a depth signing/pick at Safety

Lorax
Edmunds
Milano

On Defense, we’re a starting DE, DT, LB/S depth away from being about as loaded as it gets.

Secondary as a whole might be but CB is still a little sketchy. And LB is ok. By the time Edmunds gets to league avg, Lorenzo will be done. That's why I'm not opposed to Greedy or Devin White at 9. Feel like either would have the ability to push their unit from good to great.

It wouldn't be the craziest thing if it happens, but I'd tend to not believe this report. I'd guess this is his agent trying to give off the impression that there's competition for him because they don't like the offer/s they have right now. I don't really buy Indy, Buffalo, or Houston being interested really.

I think Indy would make sense because they have a ton cap space and not a huge amount of holes to fill after a good draft last year (WR and D are still needs I think for sure).I think Houston would be a great fit for the team but $$ wise I can't see it. I do agree with you its hard to see Buffalo doing this for a variety of reasons. Seems like his agent is trying to get as much as he can out of the Jets and Packers who make the most sense.

I think Indy would make sense because they have a ton cap space and not a huge amount of holes to fill after a good draft last year (WR and D are still needs I think for sure).I think Houston would be a great fit for the team but $$ wise I can't see it. I do agree with you its hard to see Buffalo doing this for a variety of reasons. Seems like his agent is trying to get as much as he can out of the Jets and Packers who make the most sense.

With Indy and Houston, Indy's GM comes from a background of people that don't really value the RB position in terms of spending and Indy already has 3 talented young RBs in place, so that would be very surprising to me.

Houston is still in the midst of a big RB contract that they gave out that didn't pan out as they hoped, so it seems like they'd likely be hesitant to invest in another one. Not to mention it's really the OLine that desperately needs fixing there.

With Indy and Houston, Indy's GM comes from a background of people that don't really value the RB position in terms of spending and Indy already has 3 talented young RBs in place, so that would be very surprising to me.

Houston is still in the midst of a big RB contract that they gave out that didn't pan out as they hoped, so it seems like they'd likely be hesitant to invest in another one. Not to mention it's really the OLine that desperately needs fixing there.

Ya Houston needs a lot of help on the OL, a bit surprising they weren't more active there and their secondary had pretty much everyone leave. They got an agreement with the former Jax safety today but they have a lot to still work on so Bell probably isn't in the cards. I know the Colts like Mack but pairing Bell with Luck, man that would be something.

Again this probably just Beane or Bell's attorney trying to drive up the price while our actual interest is little to none.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom