Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency

I'm assuming that Roberts is on the team mostly as a special teamer. Don't think his signing impacts Zay at all. Zay had more catches last year (56) than Roberts has had in the last four years combined (36).

Roberts will almost exclusively be a special teamer but he's still taking up a roster spot that would otherwise be available for potentially another WR. You figure at most they probably carry 6 WRs on the 53 man roster. With the three that Buffalo has signed, that leaves 3 spots left for Foster, Zay, McKenzie, Duke Williams, and some of the other UDFA. If Buffalo drafts 1 or 2 WRs like they should, that's even less space for these guys that are all fighting to be on the roster and if Zay is only going to be the #4 or #5 WR on the team, I think he'll be cut or traded for a late pick.

Say it's $40M.
$15M - draftee contracts
$14M & pick? - Clowney
Roll over unused $10-11M

nelson another solid WR on the market now

Buffalo has enough veteran WRs now. If a #1 WR like an AJ Green is available, sure, but Jordy would pretty much be a waste of a signing at this point. And I'm already nervous that too many WR spots are spoken for for them to draft a WR at this point lol; I don't want them to add another veteran to the mix.

nelson another solid WR on the market now

He definitely would not qualify as solid these days. If he's getting playing time then your WR unit is a mess.

Yeah, Jordy is still okay, but we just don't have a need for another okay WR right now. If they add another WR it needs to be a bonafide #1 or at least elite #2 guy or a rookie.

We really could use an X receiver specifically. If they swing for the fences, that would be AJ Green. Otherwise, I look at guys in the draft like Metcalf, Harmon, Arcega-Whiteside, Butler, Boykin, or if they go the developmental route, our own Jamal Custis.

If you take away the 1 big game then he avg'd 40 yds and had 2 tds over the other 14 games. And will be 34 when the season starts. I wouldn't want him to take a single snap from Zay, Foster or anyone we might draft.

We are going DL w our first pick. Let’s hope everyone in front of us goes QB crazy.

We are going DL w our first pick. Let’s hope everyone in front of us goes QB crazy.
Agree. Could be someone inside or outside. Whoever they really like still on the board.

I don't think that anything is definitive other than they are going to take whoever is the #1 guy on their board. Only positions that can for sure be ruled out are QB because of Allen and RB/S because there is no one valued high enough this year. Everything else is in play. I'm going to be real happy with anyone of the Gary, Oliver, D.White group and would be ok with J.Taylor, J.Williams, G.Williams as well. Would not be particularly happy with Hockenson or Metcalf.

I don't think that anything is definitive other than they are going to take whoever is the #1 guy on their board. Only positions that can for sure be ruled out are QB because of Allen and RB/S because there is no one valued high enough this year. Everything else is in play. I'm going to be real happy with anyone of the Gary, Oliver, D.White group and would be ok with J.Taylor, J.Williams, G.Williams as well. Would not be particularly happy with Hockenson or Metcalf.

Agree about Meltcalf but Hockenson will be a fantastic TE in the NFL. Same with Fant.

I think it's probably a lineman if we stay at 9. I'd guess it leans more towards the DLine simply because the DLine prospects are better IMO.

My personal hope remains Ed Oliver or DK Metcalf (assuming that guys like Quinnen Williams do not shockingly slide to 9).

I think it's probably a lineman if we stay at 9. I'd guess it leans more towards the DLine simply because the DLine prospects are better IMO.

My personal hope remains Ed Oliver or DK Metcalf (assuming that guys like Quinnen Williams do not shockingly slide to 9).

I can see Oliver absolutely but you really want Metcalf?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom