Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency

I can see Oliver absolutely but you really want Metcalf?

I have Metcalf as roughly my #6 or 7 overall prospect in the draft and happens to be filling one of the team's biggest needs.

I'll be alright with it if they ultimately decide to pluck 1 or 2 WRs elsewhere in the draft; the class is super deep. But I think Metcalf is one of the few elite prospects in this draft.

I have Metcalf as roughly my #6 or 7 overall prospect in the draft and happens to be filling one of the team's biggest needs.

I'll be alright with it if they ultimately decide to pluck 1 or 2 WRs elsewhere in the draft; the class is super deep. But I think Metcalf is one of the few elite prospects in this draft.

Interesting. I very much respect your opinion but I think you value the combine more than I do. Obviously if someone burns and crashes in the combine, it's a big deal but I'm more of a production on the field guy and just not that excited about Metcalf.

Interesting. I very much respect your opinion but I think you value the combine more than I do. Obviously if someone burns and crashes in the combine, it's a big deal but I'm more of a production on the field guy and just not that excited about Metcalf.

The combine didn't really move Metcalf one way or the other for me. I definitely do value the physical tools a lot though which I guess is the real point of your comment but I didn't need the combine to see how special his physical tools were.

To me, worst case scenario with him is that he's a good to great deep threat which IMO makes him a starting caliber player as a worst case. If he happens to hone his craft a bit, I think he can go from being a starting caliber player to an elite one. And much like Allen and Edmunds, DK's work ethic has generally been considered a major plus of his. To me, he has a higher floor than basically any of the other WRs and also a higher ceiling.

The combine didn't really move Metcalf one way or the other for me. I definitely do value the physical tools a lot though which I guess is the real point of your comment but I didn't need the combine to see how special his physical tools were.

To me, worst case scenario with him is that he's a good to great deep threat which IMO makes him a starting caliber player as a worst case. If he happens to hone his craft a bit, I think he can go from being a starting caliber player to an elite one. And much like Allen and Edmunds, DK's work ethic has generally been considered a major plus of his. To me, he has a higher floor than basically any of the other WRs and also a higher ceiling.
DK Metcalf has been getting a ton of David Boston comps from the Cardinals.
I can see that. He has the tools but could become injury prone in his hamstrings with that body and speed he runs at.

DK Metcalf has been getting a ton of David Boston comps from the Cardinals.
I can see that. He has the tools but could become injury prone in his hamstrings with that body and speed he runs at.

Sure. Or he could be Julio Jones, Terrell Owens, or a plethora of other guys that were big and strong and turned into dynamite players. David Boston and DK Metcalf are not the only two physically built WRs that have played in the NFL.

Agree about Meltcalf but Hockenson will be a fantastic TE in the NFL. Same with Fant.

My issue is that if you take Hockenson that high then he has to be a top 5 TE fairly quickly or it wasn't a good use of resources since it's not a premium position.

I agree with him having the highest ceiling, just don't agree with the highest floor. Think he's a boom or bust guy. Heck of a straight line athlete but that doesn't always translate well and AJ Brown seemed to always be the better WR in college. To take a WR in the top 10, I'd prefer a guy with a lot more high level production. His career stats at Ole Miss (67/1221/14) are slightly above what you would want from a top 10 guy in their final season alone. Has a lot of games against good teams where he did nothing.

My issue is that if you take Hockenson that high then he has to be a top 5 TE fairly quickly or it wasn't a good use of resources since it's not a premium position.

I agree with him having the highest ceiling, just don't agree with the highest floor. Think he's a boom or bust guy. Heck of a straight line athlete but that doesn't always translate well and AJ Brown seemed to always be the better WR in college. To take a WR in the top 10, I'd prefer a guy with a lot more high level production. His career stats at Ole Miss (67/1221/14) are slightly above what you would want from a top 10 guy in their final season alone. Has a lot of games against good teams where he did nothing.

Agree completely with your take on Metcalf. On Hockenson, I think he will be a top tier TE very quickly. Total package - catcher and blocker.

Agree completely with your take on Metcalf. On Hockenson, I think he will be a top tier TE very quickly. Total package - catcher and blocker.
Hockenson is compared to Gronk.
He doesn’t have the speed Gronk had but he looks like a stud TE.
Patriots would take Hockenson at 9.
They aren’t as high on Fant.

Patriots like the TEs 1. Hockenson 2. Sternberger 3. Smith Jr. 4. Fant

I could talk myself into being pumped with Hock at 9.

Oliver at 9 would be fantastic and would begin to fill a sneaky huge need for us with a blue chip talent. Basically our entire DL is either old and/or has expiring contracts.

I don’t want Metcalf at 9. If we trade back then ok I’m willing to give him a go but not at 9.

Hockenson is compared to Gronk.
He doesn’t have the speed Gronk had but he looks like a stud TE.
Patriots would take Hockenson at 9.
They aren’t as high on Fant.

Patriots like the TEs 1. Hockenson 2. Sternberger 3. Smith Jr. 4. Fant
How do u know their draft board?

Got an inside source from Orchids of Asia Day Spa?

How do u know their draft board?

Got an inside source from Orchids of Asia Day Spa?
Tom E. Curran the Patriots reporter knows what the staff likes.
He said who the Patriots have had interviews and visits with and it was the first 3 TEs.
They don’t like Fant because he can’t block,
Hockenson and Sternberger can block.

I could talk myself into being pumped with Hock at 9.

Oliver at 9 would be fantastic and would begin to fill a sneaky huge need for us with a blue chip talent. Basically our entire DL is either old and/or has expiring contracts.

I don’t want Metcalf at 9. If we trade back then ok I’m willing to give him a go but not at 9.

Not even a sneaky need, it's a really big need going forward. Shaq and Hughes are FA, Murphy will be cut if he doesn't do something this year. Star will likely be on the roster until after 2020 because of his contract but that will likely be it for him. I will be very happy with either Oliver or Gary at #9.

Ok so where do you guys place your sports bets online?

Vegas has o/u at 6 wins.

I need to make some free money.

Vegas has o/u at 6 wins.

I've gone through Bovada.lv and .ag in the past, but I don't think either of them has win odds yet; I don't think they come out until after the draft or closer to training camp.

Vegas has o/u at 6 wins.

Imagine that it will probably move closer to 7 as the season approaches and then at that point I would be afraid to touch it.

Really starting to think that a trade down is going to be a real possibility due to our slot right in front of Denver. Very good spot for a team that wants to come up for Haskins if he drops past NYG or for Lock.

Imagine that it will probably move closer to 7 as the season approaches and then at that point I would be afraid to touch it.

Really starting to think that a trade down is going to be a real possibility due to our slot right in front of Denver. Very good spot for a team that wants to come up for Haskins if he drops past NYG or for Lock.
Yeah I’d be much more apprehensive at 7.

6 feels like easy money.

I will probably expect between 6-8 wins every season until they become a great team so even 6 is kinda tough. I think they'll hit the over but I can understand why Vegas wouldn't think the team has improved significantly.

A 5 win team in pythagorean wins and aside from Mitch Morse, none of the additions are really standout guys (even if I think they're sneaky good signings that fit great here). Schedule isn't exactly easy either; obviously playing the Dolphins twice is good but AFC North and NFC East should both be pretty strong divisions if I had to guess.

I will probably expect between 6-8 wins every season until they become a great team so even 6 is kinda tough. I think they'll hit the over but I can understand why Vegas wouldn't think the team has improved significantly.

A 5 win team in pythagorean wins and aside from Mitch Morse, none of the additions are really standout guys (even if I think they're sneaky good signings that fit great here). Schedule isn't exactly easy either; obviously playing the Dolphins twice is good but AFC North and NFC East should both be pretty strong divisions if I had to guess.

Need to win 3 out of 4 vs MIA/NYJ to get above 6. Just gotta go 4-8 the rest of the way. Bengals/Ravens/Redskins/Broncos are all at home so hope to grab 3 of 4 of those. Then 1 left to win on the road against the Giants/Cowboys/Steelers/Browns/Titans.

Yeah I’d be much more apprehensive at 7.

6 feels like easy money.

If they can win 6 last year, you would have to think 8 would be logical, now strange stuff happens but I think over 6 would be a pretty solid bet. All that said, I think 6 is the right spot for this type of bet. Even 7 but no more than that. 6.5 would be perfect, IMO. On paper the O Line looks light years ahead of where they were last year, Josh 2nd year and no Peterman is worth at least one more win. Better wide receivers and the D should be fine.

Hey I am hoping for 10 and playoffs. Why not? it's April and I think Josh Allen is going to prove to be a very very good NFL QB.

Need to win 3 out of 4 vs MIA/NYJ to get above 6. Just gotta go 4-8 the rest of the way. Bengals/Ravens/Redskins/Broncos are all at home so hope to grab 3 of 4 of those. Then 1 left to win on the road against the Giants/Cowboys/Steelers/Browns/Titans.

Agreed, but I wouldn't blame people for thinking that neither 3-1 or 4-8 is a given.

Looks like decent depth at least. I think Morse and Dawkins can at least be counted on to be good. Nsekhe has been good when he's played but he's never been a full-time starter before and you'd think he'd be on the decline given his age. Long has been solid in the past but had a terrible season this past year (possibly just due to injury) and was below average the year before that. And Spain is just an average guy too.

I wouldn't say the OLine is a major strength but it should hopefully be average and able to withstand injuries. Still feels like we need to draft at least one OLine guy early in the draft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom