Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency

I would guess Duke & McKenzie to the practice squad? Wouldn't be shocked if McKenzie or even Zay were flat out released either (or traded if they could get anything for them; would guess Zay is tradable but probably not McKenzie).

The current crop of WRs isn't nearly good enough to prevent Buffalo from drafting another WR IMO.
Agreed. I'd love to swing a trade by swapping 1sts with Seattle for Frank Clark, then do whatever we need to maneuver around and land Hockenson, Harry and Miles Sanders OR send Shaq and our 2nd to Seattle for Clark, take Oliver at 9 and go TE/WR/RB in Rounds 3-5.

FWIW, Tony Pauline saying he thinks Buffalo has narrowed the choices at #9 down to Jonah Williams, Andre Dillard, and Ed Oliver. Also says he hears they love TE Drew Sample as one of their 4th round picks or possibly even 3rd.

FWIW, Tony Pauline saying he thinks Buffalo has narrowed the choices at #9 down to Jonah Williams, Andre Dillard, and Ed Oliver. Also says he hears they love TE Drew Sample as one of their 4th round picks or possibly even 3rd.
I'd be cool with OL or Oliver at 9.

Oliver puts our, already, legit defense into elite status, and anything that helps Josh Allen is fine by me.

Harry becomes clearly the most talented guy in the room on day 1. Think they'd roll with the 6 you said. Maybe one of the others makes it if they are capable on STs as Roberts is likely just a returner unless there are major injury issues. None of the guys on that unit outside of maybe Foster are likely to be on the team in 2021 so I don't think they feel content at WR by any means.

Man, if they have all 3 graded very similar then I really hope that Cincy, Mia or Wash comes up for a QB in front of Denver and that we can grab at least a 3 as one of them should still be on the board though it gets a little dicey all the way back at 15.

Really hope that at least 2 of the QBs if not 3 manage to go ahead of us. Seems like Murray isn't a lock at #1 and Haskins might not go in the top 10 and may have been passed by Lock. I'll be really disappointed if only 1 goes and that causes Oliver to get scooped up in front of us.

Really hope that at least 2 of the QBs if not 3 manage to go ahead of us. Seems like Murray isn't a lock at #1 and Haskins might not go in the top 10 and may have been passed by Lock. I'll be really disappointed if only 1 goes and that causes Oliver to get scooped up in front of us.

There's still plenty of good options at #9 regardless of how it plays out IMO. Oliver is my hope too though.

2.jpg

There's still plenty of good options at #9 regardless of how it plays out IMO. Oliver is my hope too though.

Newest Daniel Jeremiah mock just came out. Guy is about as tuned in as anyone and he know has Oliver going #3 over Williams, Giants going D.Jones at 6 and Hockenson to the Bills at 9. Obviously trades can change things a lot but those were some pretty big moves compared to what the media consensus had seemed to be.

Last edited:
Schedule leaks

Week 1
Bills at Jets
Week 2
Bills at Giants
Week 4
Patriots at Bills.
Week 10
Bills at Browns
Week 16
Bills at Patriots
Week 17
Jets at Bills

Last edited:
He’d be an excellent pick up this late.

Would be another move that improves depth, competition, & versatility. And the biggest advantage - yet again another move that keeps us on track for strictly BPA drafting.

Only reason I could think of to be opposed would be a preference to grab a mid-round guy with upside that might be ready to take over next year and cost about 1/3 of what Yeldon likely would. Otherwise it's just a decision between grabbing a 3rd veteran rb that likely doesn't contribute much vs the benefits of rolling over an extra 1-1.5m onto next years cap.

Only reason I could think of to be opposed would be a preference to grab a mid-round guy with upside that might be ready to take over next year and cost about 1/3 of what Yeldon likely would. Otherwise it's just a decision between grabbing a 3rd veteran rb that likely doesn't contribute much vs the benefits of rolling over an extra 1-1.5m onto next years cap.
I think you could still draft a RB - now ya just don’t have to reach. If there is a guy you like in the mid rounds and the value is there then go ahead and grab him.

I’m a big fan of carrying 4 backs on the the 53.

And imo they don’t even have to be special teamers. We got two guys over 30 - let’s be prepared. And depending on injuries/ matchups you just scratch one of the 4 guys from your game day active roster. And if it’s the young guy you mostly scratch that’s fine because you save on tread anyways.

Open and close with Jets. MNF in Cleveland 11/11. Rumor of Dallas on Thanksgiving.

Open and close with Jets. MNF in Cleveland 11/11. Rumor of Dallas on Thanksgiving.

Moving to College Station in August, pretty excited about only having a 3hr drive on Thanksgiving.

So now that we've reached draft week. what's your choice of what you want the Bills to do? My choices'

1 Ed Oliver - Think he will realistically be available at 9 and would love to grab him
2. TJ Hockenson - Doubt he will be available at 9 but he would be very close to Oliver in my rankings if he is
3. Jawaan Taylor - Same with Hockenson in that I doubt he will be available but would be my top OL choice
4 Jonah Williams

If none of those 4 are available, I trade down.

So now that we've reached draft week. what's your choice of what you want the Bills to do? My choices'

1 Ed Oliver - Think he will realistically be available at 9 and would love to grab him
2. TJ Hockenson - Doubt he will be available at 9 but he would be very close to Oliver in my rankings if he is
3. Jawaan Taylor - Same with Hockenson in that I doubt he will be available but would be my top OL choice
4 Jonah Williams

If none of those 4 are available, I trade down.

What I want Buffalo to do?
1. Ed Oliver - I don't think he slides to #9, but if he does, he's the easy choice IMO
2. D.K. Metcalf - I have him rated around the #6 or #7 prospect in the draft. Despite the depth of the WR position in this draft, I think he's worth the pick.
3. Trade down
4. Montez Sweat
- This relies on Buffalo's medical staff being okay with his supposed heart condition.
5. Christian Wilkins - Think there's a drop off between Metcalf and Sweat and then an even larger dropoff to Wilkins, but Wilkins is a good player and makes a ton of sense with McDermott IMO.

My guess as to who Buffalo ultimately picks would be one of these 4 guys: Christian Wilkins, Brian Burns, DK Metcalf, or Rashan Gary

Nice depth signing. Seems like the Bills will be going with a RB committee this year. Having said that, a committee including McCoy makes zero sense IMO. I know Gore seemingly signed here so that he could play with McCoy, but I still hold out hope that McCoy is traded or cut and replaced via Gore/Yeldon/draft pick

1. Ed Oliver - I don't think he slides to #9, but if he does, he's the easy choice IMO
2. D.K. Metcalf - I have him rated around the #6 or #7 prospect in the draft. Despite the depth of the WR position in this draft, I think he's worth the pick.
3. Trade down
4. Montez Sweat
- This relies on Buffalo's medical staff being okay with his supposed heart condition.
5. Christian Wilkins - Think there's a drop off between Metcalf and Sweat and then an even larger dropoff to Wilkins, but Wilkins is a good player and makes a ton of sense with McDermott IMO.

My guess as to who Buffalo ultimately picks would be one of these 4 guys: Christian Wilkins, Brian Burns, DK Metcalf, or Rashan Gary

Sweat would have easily been on my list also except for the health concerns. I always worry about those blowing up because we're the Bills and those things tend to happen to us sometimes.

Sweat would have easily been on my list also except for the health concerns. I always worry about those blowing up because we're the Bills and those things tend to happen to us sometimes.

Yeah, like I said, it would rely on what the medical staff thinks. I think he'd be on the shortlist of realistic choices if the Bills stay somewhere in the #9-12 range too, but my guess is that the medical staff doesn't recommend him and we go with one of the 4 guys I mentioned instead. There's a lot to like with Sweat though.

Peter King and Breer both with Oliver going #3 to the Jets in their Monday Morning pieces. Breer has Dillard to Buffalo and King has Jonah Williams. Both of them have Gary and Sweat dropping to the late teens and Metcalf really late 1st rd. Our only shot at Oliver it appears is if 2 QBs go in the top 6 which is starting to look doubtful and now with Sweat/Gary dropping down, it has pushed Oliver up to the point that he's pretty unlikely.

3. Trade down
4. Montez Sweat

Metcalf is the wide receiver version of workout warrior Mike Mamula

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom