Buzz Williams... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buzz Williams...

I thought Buzz was actually very calm and collected tonight considering the outcome and foul situation. I actually kind of admired him and his team's pluck. Last year, on the other hand...

I don't care that the NCAA rule book rewards it, these coaches that turn the game in to a scrum are all awful.

I don't think the rule book allows it.

Beyond that, couldn't agree more. (Even though Buzz seems like a gracious and thoughtful guy, hate that he contributes to making a great sport worse.)

True, he has to get by with histrionics and masterful note-taking.

Actually he was much more subdued than I thought he'd be. He was busier taking notes (what's up with that?). I laughed before the game that he'd shed his coat, tie , start sweating , spinning, running on the court but he was pretty calm - only the coat was gone. Much better dressed than he ever was at Marquette.

He coached one heck of a 38 minute game.

That's cute, but we've had a few 35 minute games this season. Either way, my point wasn't about this one game.

Moontan said:
I dunno... I guess that you don't like sweaters.

Buzz can only wear cardigans.

That's cute, but we've had a few 35 minute games this season. Either way, my point wasn't about this one game.

I really wasn't trying to be cute. He had a good game plan and his kids executed it for nearly the whole game. I have no idea why his kids decided to go off script at the end, but you're right, he's a darned good coach.

I like Buzz. He does a heck of a lot, with very little. How many five-star kids has he ever had?
jimmy butler was pretty good. i think Marquette has the biggest budget of a non football school for basketball, so can we stop pretending that this guy coaches the little sisters of the poor? the dude is a clown, so now he keeps a pen and paper in his pocket and writes down during the game...give me an break with this guy.

jimmy butler was pretty good. i think Marquette has the biggest budget of a non football school for basketball, so can we stop pretending that this guy coaches the little sisters of the poor? the dude is a clown, so now he keeps a pen and paper in his pocket and writes down during the game...give me an break with this guy.

Budget? What? That's related... how?
Jimmy Butler is one NBA success story. He was so highly-recruited that he began at a junior college, if I'm not mistaken. So, yeah, buzz does only get the little sisters, and he happened to luck into one winning scratcher lottery card.

Not sure why taking notes is a problem for anyone. Because it's different?

I'll be disappointed if this Buzz love fest doesn't end up with one of our fans suggesting he should succeed JB.

Yes, to Rollie. Calhoun was a nobody at the time.

My first SU game was SU vs. Villanova at a Lincoln Bank tournament in Rochester back in December, 1979.
Rollie received a triple Technical. It was a beaute!
LOL - I was there, too. He also threw a chair. Nova would join the BE the following year.

Never understood the hate for Buzz. Nobody has suggested that he replace Boeheim but you could certainly do a lot worse, I would love to see what Buzz could do at a power program. Guy was taking notes? BFD.

His teams play hard, are very well coached at attacking the zone and play tough defense. But they grab people!! They play physical defense!! Crazy talk

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I like the guy.

He's an interesting character for sure.

Never understood the hate for Buzz. Nobody has suggested that he replace Boeheim but you could certainly do a lot worse, I would love to see what Buzz could do at a power program. Guy was taking notes? BFD.

His teams play hard, are very well coached at attacking the zone and play tough defense. But they grab people!! They play physical defense!! Crazy talk

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I like the guy.

He's an interesting character for sure.

I worked with a guy who's son was a manager for Buzz at Marquette. I don't think anyone associated with that program had anything nice to say about the guy professionally, and especially personally, by the time he left for VT.

Guy can coach and I think his demeanor this year is different because his team needs a calmer hand rather than his usual frenetic style.

If you could take any coach on one of the mid to lower tier programs in the ACC, who would you rather have than Buzz.? He's good.

He spends more time on the court then he did off the court. Question for the rule guys. If he is on the court and a player runs into him, does the coach get a technical? I would think the answer should be yes; if that is the case I would tell my players if you get a chance and he is on the court run him over.

He spends more time on the court then he did off the court. Question for the rule guys. If he is on the court and a player runs into him, does the coach get a technical? I would think the answer should be yes; if that is the case I would tell my players if you get a chance and he is on the court run him over.
Yes, it's a technical foul. I've seen it called in other games. I'm not 100% sure if it's shot(s) and the ball or just shot(s), maybe it depends on whether you have the ball when your player runs into him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom