Buzz Williams... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Buzz Williams...

I thought the whole note taking thing or whatever the hell he was doing was quite odd, especially for the head coach...I don't recall ever seeing such a thing. Another oddity I thought was after the first half ended on Lydon's three, Buzz started walking to center court (instead of heading/leading his team to the locker room with their 6 point lead) and wondered what the heck was he doing. He went over to Tim Brando and did something to him, enough for Brando to comment (once again) on the air about Buzz's unique character, etc., etc. I though to myself, What! I mean, really, instead of being such an attention seeker, get the F in the locker room with your team & stop with the sideshow nonsense!

I thought the whole note taking thing or whatever the hell he was doing was quite odd, especially for the head coach...I don't recall ever seeing such a thing. Another oddity I thought was after the first half ended on Lydon's three, Buzz started walking to center court (instead of heading/leading his team to the locker room with their 6 point lead) and wondered what the heck was he doing. He went over to Tim Brando and did something to him, enough for Brando to comment (once again) on the air about Buzz's unique character, etc., etc. I though to myself, What! I mean, really, instead of being such an attention seeker, get the F in the locker room with your team & stop with the sideshow nonsense!

I'm thinking that most of VT's games are on the ACC Network rather than ESPN. That's probably why he's so chummy with Brando. On an unrelated note, I like the Brando-Gminski crew. They have good chemistry. Brando is a vet who knows how to call a game. Good get for the ACCN. Gminski is knowledgeable but not overbearing.

"Look at me, look at me, look how original and innovative I am!" - too much Joe Maddon (I need to be the center of attention) in him for me. Sorry. Good coach - yes, annoying as he11 - absolutely. Just my 2cents...

I'm thinking that most of VT's games are on the ACC Network rather than ESPN. That's probably why he's so chummy with Brando. On an unrelated note, I like the Brando-Gminski crew. They have good chemistry. Brando is a vet who knows how to call a game. Good get for the ACCN. Gminski is knowledgeable but not overbearing.
I like Brando and Gminski too. I have always liked Brando, his voice conjures up past tournaments.

I like Brando's presentation and he's fun to listen to, but he really has always been quite a poor play-by-play caller. There were times last night he had no clue what was going on. He really makes up for it though with his veteran presence and professional delivery. Enjoyable and a familiar voice, but hardly one of the best...IMO

I like Brando's presentation and he's fun to listen to, but he really has always been quite a poor play-by-play caller. There were times last night he had no clue what was going on. He really makes up for it though with his veteran presence and professional delivery. Enjoyable and a familiar voice, but hardly one of the best...IMO
I'll buy that, that's fair.

Yep I was wondering what Buzz did to Tim to get a reaction - wedgie? noogie?

wow, a lot of people really like buzz lmao
What's not to like? His team was up 7 with possession with under 2:00 to play and lost.

Imagine what this place would look like if JB (or even better, Hop) had pulled off that trick.

Mea culpa on Buzz--I despise his antics on the sideline, and the way he is out on the court seemingly all game long. Predicted that we'd see his usual Dixon-esque aneurysm on the sidelines, but he didn't seem to behave that way at all yesterday--probably, because his team was in control for most of the game.

jimmy butler was pretty good. i think Marquette has the biggest budget of a non football school for basketball, so can we stop pretending that this guy coaches the little sisters of the poor? the dude is a clown, so now he keeps a pen and paper in his pocket and writes down during the game...give me an break with this guy.
You have got to be kidding me with this crap. Stop mentioning Jimmy Butler now as if he was a top 5 pick. The biggest budget of the non-football schools. So the biggest budget of the schools with a 1/4 the budget we have. Is that what you are saying. It's funny I was watching the game last night thinking Buzz has been respectful and great this whole game. What are the Buzz haters going to say. I think I have my answer. Haters or going to hate.

They're definitely a solid tandem and Brando really compliments the heck out of Syracuse University every time I hear him broadcast an SU game. From the gem that is the Carrier Dome, JB, the program, and the institution's renowned Newhouse and related schools. A total class act!

"Look at me, look at me, look how original and innovative I am!" - too much Joe Maddon (I need to be the center of attention) in him for me. Sorry. Good coach - yes, annoying as he11 - absolutely. Just my 2cents...

Yeah, Joe's only a bit more toned down than John. ;):)

Jimmy Butler seems like he has a little talent.

We're in the year 2016. It took me literally 30 seconds on Wikipedia to find out that Jimmy Butler does not refute his point about five star talent.

"After his freshman season at Tyler, where he averaged 18.1 points, 7.7 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game, Butler gained interest from Division I programs. Considered a two-star recruit by 247Sports.com,[2] he was listed as the No. 127 junior college prospect in 2008.[3]"

Now he's getting ripped for taking notes? This place is.so.weird sometimes.
Not the taking notes per se, just Curley's whole annoying package...

Our favorite coach is a guy who openly picks his nose on the bench.
Right?

I mean, are other teams allowed to respect JB as a coach?

I hate that Buzz is always on the floor, but other than that, he does a good job with what he gets.

Not the taking notes per se, just Curley's whole annoying package...
What do you find so annoying? He gets into the game, yells, gestures----. Did you ever see Rollie Massimino (sp?). Or watch Frank Martin, plus several others I can't think of right now. As long as they don't do anything that impacts the opposition, who cares.

What do you find so annoying? He gets into the game, yells, gestures----. Did you ever see Rollie Massimino (sp?). Or watch Frank Martin, plus several others I can't think of right now. As long as they don't do anything that impacts the opposition, who cares.
See above. It's way more than just being animated on the court. But I don't really care, just saying he's annoying. Big John was annoying too - oh wait, he DID impact the opposition (& the refs!) lol

ask john wooden how taking notes during a game worked out for him

You have got to be kidding me with this crap. Stop mentioning Jimmy Butler now as if he was a top 5 pick. The biggest budget of the non-football schools. So the biggest budget of the schools with a 1/4 the budget we have. Is that what you are saying. It's funny I was watching the game last night thinking Buzz has been respectful and great this whole game. What are the Buzz haters going to say. I think I have my answer. Haters or going to hate.
Also worth adding the Wesley Matthews didn't really breakout until his year under Buzz and Jae Crowder is also turning into a solid NBA player.

ask john wooden how taking notes during a game worked out for him
How else was he supposed to remember what happened in the game? Not like he could go back and watch the tape! lol

Our favorite coach is a guy who openly picks his nose on the bench.

Ha, so true. But, at least in my opinion, JB's not doing it to bring attention to himself as much as I believe it's just some nervous, unflattering quirk of his.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom