Buzz Williams... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Buzz Williams...

It appears he stayed relatively perspiration free during regulation. I don't remember much screen time for him during OT

What do you find so annoying? He gets into the game, yells, gestures----. Did you ever see Rollie Massimino (sp?). Or watch Frank Martin, plus several others I can't think of right now. As long as they don't do anything that impacts the opposition, who cares.

Coaches who are constantly out on the court are a pet peeve of mine. Buzz and Pitino might be the two worst I've seen in this regard. Drives me nuts.

He can certainly coach though. His teams are tough to beat. Their style of play is awful to watch as a fan though.

Coaches who are constantly out on the court are a pet peeve of mine. Buzz and Pitino might be the two worst I've seen in this regard. Drives me nuts.

He can certainly coach though. His teams are tough to beat. Their style of play is awful to watch as a fan though.

An errant pass square to the nuts would be great. Even more so if it were his own team. Get off the court!

How else was he supposed to remember what happened in the game? Not like he could go back and watch the tape! lol

Was he taking notes in the second half? I didn't notice. I assumed the notes were for his halftime corrections and/or review with his players. Makes sense to me. I have a horrible memory (owing to too little sleep, i believe). There's no way i'd remember specifics that i'd want to address. I have to imagine other coaches tell their assistants things they want to discuss later. Not a significant difference.

I thought taking notes was fine. Never seen a basketball coach do it but Kirk Ferentz does it on the Iowa sideline all the time.

I thought taking notes was fine. Never seen a basketball coach do it but Kirk Ferentz does it on the Iowa sideline all the time.
Buzz needs to put a good stenographer on his staff and do more coaching and less scribbling.

72305232-stenographer-with-pencil-and-pad-gettyimages.jpg

My buddy I brought to the game isn't super into basketball but he is starting to get into it (he's a first generation immigrant). I told him to watch for two things in the game: (1) Virginia Tech would attack our zone well and (2) fans would lose their yelling for Buzz to get off the court.

Ha, so true. But, at least in my opinion, JB's not doing it to bring attention to himself as much as I believe it's just some nervous, unflattering quirk of his.
"Back in the Day", it was almost unheard of for a coach to be out of his chair for any major portion of the game. They'd stand, yell out the offense or defensive play and then sit right back down. I remember our students chanting, "Sit! Sit! Sit!" at Dean Smith when he would try to work the refs. IIRC he even waved to them one time.

"Back in the Day", it was almost unheard of for a coach to be out of his chair for any major portion of the game. They'd stand, yell out the offense or defensive play and then sit right back down. I remember our students chanting, "Sit! Sit! Sit!" at Dean Smith when he would try to work the refs. IIRC he even waved to them one time.
Must've never watched a Big East game...;)

Must've never watched a Big East game...;)
I could never imagine Rollie Massimino being still in one spot during a game for more than 3 nanoseconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom