Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any video of Anselem other than the short one of him dunking?
There's a full game of Prolific vs Huntington Prep, but Frank doesn't start and isn't featured much in it. Both those teams had some studs, including Jalen Green who is skipping college, and a Duke signee—both of whom look legit.
There's another vid of one-game highlights, where Frank is 'pitted' against another recruit at a different position, and unfortunately, Frank throws the ball away in the closing seconds. Other than that, i've only seen some training clips of him dunking. But, people keep talking about him being more offensively skilled than the guys we have, so i'm thinking i'm missing some videos.

About to scrub the first 40 pages of this thread...

Gotta like the way he dunks everything he can, but we said the same thing about Matthew Moyer.

I’m sure Cusesky has 1000000 of them somewhere
Maybe on your tee time with your boys you can have them hand deliver you their tape they have on him so u can share with everyone. The only crap I got is from twitter and youtube. I dont get any of the good stuff that u get from rubbing elbows with the big dogs ;) maybe when your at it you can tell us that Isaiah jackson is coming too and how shocked u were that he picked UK :rolleyes:

There's another vid of one-game highlights, where Frank is 'pitted' against another recruit at a different position, and unfortunately, Frank throws the ball away in the closing seconds. Other than that, i've only seen some training clips of him dunking. But, people keep talking about him being more offensively skilled than the guys we have, so i'm thinking i'm missing some videos.

Gotta like the way he dunks everything he can, but we said the same thing about Matthew Moyer.

Yeah, I haven't seen it either but I certainly assume the coaching staff has and that's good by me. I'm just tired of projects but from what folks are saying, while he may take some time, he ain't one. We will see.
Regarding Matt, I liked him a lot. He played with a lot of intensity and I believe could have been a 4-year player that we remembered for years. It happens but it's really too bad the way things went down (at least from my understanding).

Nah - once a guy commits, here or elsewhere, then it's a FREE FOR ALL! :p

O79 has stated as much.
It's in the bylaws. ;)
It's really more of an unofficial guideline, as opposed to a bylaw. :)
I want to agree with you, but I always listen to Larry David, so I don't know what to do.
So, you're going to listen to someone who's been on the site for 2 days, instead of a mod. OK.

{Writes note in little black book, underlines stridently. Begins review of user orangfog.}

Maybe on your tee time with your boys you can have them hand deliver you their tape they have on him so u can share with everyone. The only crap I got is from twitter and youtube. I dont get any of the good stuff that u get from rubbing elbows with the big dogs ;) maybe when your at it you can tell us that Isaiah jackson is coming too and how shocked u were that he picked UK :rolleyes:

tell you what. You should be put on their staff. You can sell

Why would I? Up until this point, they really haven't done much, especially at the Center spot, but I am super happy with this pickup. He fell into our laps as a reclassification. Had he stayed in the 2021 class, there is no guarantee we would get him. 5 four stars on the roster and the rest 3 stars is hardly a lot to brag about. That's unacceptable for Syracuse basketball standards. We should have 4 stars from top to bottom with a few 3 stars, but we have more 3 stars.
Bennie and Frank say you have no idea how hard these guys are working it. Great job by the staff.

Yeah, I haven't seen it either but I certainly assume the coaching staff has and that's good by me. I'm just tired of projects but from what folks are saying, while he may take some time, he ain't one. We will see.
Regarding Matt, I liked him a lot. He played with a lot of intensity and I believe could have been a 4-year player that we remembered for years. It happens but it's really too bad the way things went down (at least from my understanding).
Take a look at Post #100 by Gabjon. I just watched the second half of that game. I think he had 10 points and 7 rebounds in the half, but all of his offense came from transition/fastbreaks/alleyoops. He didn't try any post moves on the few occasions when he was fed inside—just looked to kick back out. He dunks everything when he's not body-contested, but also didn't convert on 2-3 layups and a couple of dunk attempts. I didn't see great timing, but he had decent hands.

I don't see a reason to think he would push Edwards to a redshirt. If anything, it's good that Frank has an attitude where he recognizes he needs to work and prove he deserves a roster spot. Personally, if anyone has to RS, i think it'll end up being Frank, as i'm not even sure why he reclassified. If he had stayed another year at Prolific, he'd have been more of a focus, and could have developed more with greater responsibilities there.

He does remind me of Terrence Roberts, not Etan. Etan was kind of a shotblocking savant who initially had 'paddles' for hands and developed offensively over time. I didn't see any of that defense in Frank in this one game, just some scattered blocks in highlights, but he has better hands than Etan had coming in.

tell you what. You should be put on their staff. You can sell
Just giving it back a bit bud. No reason to get worked up. U have your opinions on players (and your sources) that's fine. I've never said they were wrong but I dont necessarily agree with yours. It's all good man, let's enjoy the commitments of some really nice players regardless of rankings and if they will play the first year or not. That stuff works itself out on the court...not on this forum! All love man.

Just giving it back a bit bud. No reason to get worked up. U have your opinions on players (and your sources) that's fine. I've never said they were wrong but I dont necessarily agree with yours. It's all good man, let's enjoy the commitments of some really nice players regardless of rankings and if they will play the first year or not. That stuff works itself out on the court...not on this forum! All love man.

I’m just messing around completely. I share information not for myself but for everyone else. And I only share about 10 percent of what I know or else the board would explode lol. 5% my opinion and that’s what makes the forum so great is that we have all these different angles to talk about. It’s all good man ! I like all these players and support the team like crazy but my goal for the posters is to give them real info So it’s useful to elaborate on even further. This year is going to be unlike any other I think coming up!

I’m just messing around completely. I share information not for myself but for everyone else. And I only share about 10 percent of what I know or else the board would explode lol. 5% my opinion and that’s what makes the forum so great is that we have all these different angles to talk about. It’s all good man ! I like all these players and support the team like crazy but my goal for the posters is to give them real info So it’s useful to elaborate on even further. This year is going to be unlike any other I think coming up!
I hear ya man. And I honestly do appreciate any info shared on this forum. This forum is great and far better then any I've been on. No hard feelings, all in good fun! Been a hell of a week for cuse basketball and Red is on fire! Excited for the future!

1A5B97AD-8286-4D24-BAC2-12211E6E9B50.jpeg

...all of his offense came from transition/fastbreaks/alleyoops. He didn't try any post moves on the few occasions when he was fed inside—just looked to kick back out. He dunks everything when he's not body-contested, but also didn't convert on 2-3 layups and a couple of dunk attempts. I didn't see great timing, but he had decent hands.

I don't see a reason to think he would push Edwards to a redshirt. If anything, it's good that Frank has an attitude where he recognizes he needs to work and prove he deserves a roster spot. Personally, if anyone has to RS, i think it'll end up being Frank, as i'm not even sure why he reclassified.

I believe this is a great post because it speaks logic, reality, likely to happen, and flat-out sense. Thanks my man. I would have liked it a couple more times if I could.

In your first paragraph, you lay out what many of us are a little apprehensive of before anointing him a 2 and done guy. While I'm excited as hell to have him aboard, MUCH work has to be done and who knows what that will result in at the end of the day. Don't mean to be skeptical but that's just the fact, jack. I also like your point that if anyone needs to redshirt, it ought to be Frank, not Edwards.

Bennie and Frank say you have no idea how hard these guys are working it. Great job by the staff.
They are great pickups yes, but we are Syracuse, and this is what we should be getting year in and year out. We have never had more 3 stars than 4 stars on our roster like the current situation. We have always had 1 or 2 5-stars on the team, followed by 7 or 8 4-stars and 3-4 3-stars.

They are great pickups yes, but we are Syracuse, and this is what we should be getting year in and year out. We have never had more 3 stars than 4 stars on our roster like the current situation. We have always had 1 or 2 5-stars on the team, followed by 7 or 8 4-stars and 3-4 3-stars.
Definitely agree. I mean, when I first saw that the Frank pickup got us in the top 20-30, I initially got excited. Then, after about a minute it dawned on me, that's really not that great. Man, have we slipped. This is what we should be gunning for every few years in football, not basketball. Oh well, at least it's a positive trend followed by next year's class which will be even stronger.

I believe this is a great post because it speaks logic, reality, likely to happen, and flat-out sense. Thanks my man. I would have liked it a couple more times if I could.

In your first paragraph, you lay out what many of us are a little apprehensive of before anointing him a 2 and done guy. While I'm excited as hell to have him aboard, MUCH work has to be done and who knows what that will result in at the end of the day. Don't mean to be skeptical but that's just the fact, jack. I also like your point that if anyone needs to redshirt, it ought to be Frank, not Edwards.

I agree with your logic, but we've been whiffing badly on center prospects. If we had to get a kid who could have used another year to fill out his body by telling him, "come here, you can work on your game, and in TWO years, I can be in the league". If we waited that extra year, somebody like Kentucky or Kansas or North Carolina gets this kid.

This has turned into a good class after all the defections. Plus we got the 2021 forward today. Things are really on the upswing. I feel like we are getting stocked with some decent depth again. I just wish he doesn't play Buddy and Joe 38 minutes next year, and we stop seeing Marek at center.

And now that I hear Guerrier was playing on a torn groin muscle that required surgery, and really, Bobby Braswell can't get any game time at all last year? Come on, man. You've got to let some more kids play, at least until January or so, just to see what they have, and to help get them bought in, and looking forward to the next season, like they will get an honest shot. He seems to have lost that part of the plot.

Theres more but here's a small piece. Havent listened to it yet myself.

Wesley Cheng: What kind of potential does Frank Anselem have?

Adam Zagoria: Talking to his coach, he compared him a little bit to Hakim Warrick. He said he’s not as skilled as Warrick right away, but he has the same type of body, 6-9, 6-10, long. He’s going to come in early and back up guys like Marek Dolezaj and Bourama Sidibe, and when Sidibe and Dolezaj leave, he’ll have time to spread his wing, improve and contribute in the next couple of years.

Theres more but here's a small piece. Havent listened to it yet myself.

Wesley Cheng: What kind of potential does Frank Anselem have?

Adam Zagoria: Talking to his coach, he compared him a little bit to Hakim Warrick. He said he’s not as skilled as Warrick right away, but he has the same type of body, 6-9, 6-10, long. He’s going to come in early and back up guys like Marek Dolezaj and Bourama Sidibe, and when Sidibe and Dolezaj leave, he’ll have time to spread his wing, improve and contribute in the next couple of years.
Nice, if he ends up anywhere close to Hakim that will be great. He screams Terrence Roberts to me for some reason. Which is not a bad thing. A tough athletic rebounder that can defend the rim.

I agree with your logic, but we've been whiffing badly on center prospects. If we had to get a kid who could have used another year to fill out his body by telling him, "come here, you can work on your game, and in TWO years, I can be in the league". If we waited that extra year, somebody like Kentucky or Kansas or North Carolina gets this kid.

This has turned into a good class after all the defections. Plus we got the 2021 forward today. Things are really on the upswing. I feel like we are getting stocked with some decent depth again. I just wish he doesn't play Buddy and Joe 38 minutes next year, and we stop seeing Marek at center.

And now that I hear Guerrier was playing on a torn groin muscle that required surgery, and really, Bobby Braswell can't get any game time at all last year? Come on, man. You've got to let some more kids play, at least until January or so, just to see what they have, and to help get them bought in, and looking forward to the next season, like they will get an honest shot. He seems to have lost that part of the plot.
So... what's your point exactly?

So... what's your point exactly?

My point is that we kind of lucked into a pretty solid class. If this kid hadn't just reclassified at this late point in the game, though, I'm not so sure that we would have gotten him. There is no summer AAU ball to showcase him. We got lucky here.
If he stayed in school another year, he probably wouldn't have still been under the radar. It also means he's not as physically mature as he might have been, and I think to expect him to just walk in and win the job this fall is expecting a lot from him. We've got 4 1/2 centers now.

My point is that we kind of lucked into a pretty solid class. If this kid hadn't just reclassified at this late point in the game, though, I'm not so sure that we would have gotten him. There is no summer AAU ball to showcase him. We got lucky here.
If he stayed in school another year, he probably wouldn't have still been under the radar. It also means he's not as physically mature as he might have been, and I think to expect him to just walk in and win the job this fall is expecting a lot from him. We've got 4 1/2 centers now.
Yeah, but what does that mean?

We kinda lucked into Sherm and Hakim, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom