carey: transferring was never an option | Syracusefan.com

carey: transferring was never an option

"We’re going to play 10 times faster than we did this year," Carey said. "I love to get the ball up and down the court. Two players I like to watch are Russell Westbrook and Damian Lillard. Watching those guys get up and down the court, that’s the type of intensity I want to bring to this team and just have everybody follow suit."

"We’re going to play 10 times faster than we did this year," Carey said. "I love to get the ball up and down the court. Two players I like to watch are Russell Westbrook and Damian Lillard. Watching those guys get up and down the court, that’s the type of intensity I want to bring to this team and just have everybody follow suit."
I for one welcome our new overlord

I Didn't read the Article but I watched Alan Griffin for 4 years He's a Poster Boy for perseverance ,endurance, and overcoming Adversity . A great credit to his parents and SU Basketball . He should be emulated . A role model for SU Basketball

I think he's one of our top players next season. I know he had a rough go, but the talent is certainly there. Excited that he talks about getting up and down the court quicker. If he and OB can become a formidable offensive duo, we can have a quality season.

Great article. It’s great to hear that he has such a positive attitude, and good relationships with coaches. He will be easy to route for.

he should have ample opportunity to pile up the assists, pushing the ball on breaks with finishers like guerrier & (hopefully) oshae and shooters on the wings like buddy & eli

As much as I want to believe, I feel like we've been told this every year for the last 6 years.

The concept of playing up-tempo is always seductive but the last thing I want to see is Carey playing “10x faster”. How about 10x more under control?

The concept of playing up-tempo is always seductive but the last thing I want to see is Carey playing “10x faster”. How about 10x more under control?
I think he was ok in open-court situations. He got in trouble in half-court sets when he tried to drive and would frequently lose the ball in traffic.

All this talk of going faster assumes we can rebound and outlet. Which is why I'm not optimistic.

Hope buddy improves the speed he sets his feet and hitting jumpers off the dribble.

Oshae, Hughes, Goodine, Guerrier each look like they were built for lane transition. I’d say Edwards as well.

Hope so, but i won't believe it til i see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom