Carmelo signs with Portland | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo signs with Portland

+/- -20.
5 TO, 0 assists.
That plus/minus is gonna be the killer for him in this Portland run. The turnovers and shooting percentage are rust and new teammates, i guess. But, he's going to be examined and super-scrutinized all year. An easy target, just like in Houston. Not an easy situation at the end of your career.

Onward and upward! If the Trailblazers can get over .500 with him still on the squad, that'll be key.

If blazers continue to play poorly, melo can just be used as a scapegoat again unfortunately .

The reality is he has to shoot the ball much better and understand his role. Their backcourt is clearly the primary and secondary scoring option as it should be. Still, he has a role playing alongside second unit players.

Will be interesting to follow.

+/- -20.
5 TO, 0 assists.
That plus/minus is gonna be the killer for him in this Portland run. The turnovers and shooting percentage are rust and new teammates, i guess. But, he's going to be examined and super-scrutinized all year. An easy target, just like in Houston. Not an easy situation at the end of your career.

Onward and upward! If the Trailblazers can get over .500 with him still on the squad, that'll be key.

Portland started the season with major flaws. Melo can help but it's not going to happen in a week.

If blazers continue to play poorly, melo can just be used as a scapegoat again unfortunately .

The reality is he has to shoot the ball much better and understand his role. Their backcourt is clearly the primary and secondary scoring option as it should be. Still, he has a role playing alongside second unit players.

Not exactly best case scenario first game to be down Lillard.

I would expect you see Little and maybe even Labissiere pick up their play as a result of the message being sent bringing Melo in.

The “scapegoat” fixation needs to be put to rest.

Not exactly best case scenario first game to be down Lillard.

I would expect you see Little and maybe even Labissiere pick up their play as a result of the message being sent bringing Melo in.

Im not sure Little is ready for that yet. He wasn’t even a good college player yet.

yeah i want to see a game with him and lillard in before i make judgements

Melo is a guy that a losing team picked up off the scrap heap so he’s absolutely not going to be the scapegoat if they don’t win.
Dude. You're talking about sports message board comments, and sports bloggers who need clicks. Melo will be a scapegoat.

The first part is probable (4-14 is pretty rough) but the second part? Man, I dunno if that's gonna happen.

His contract becomes fully guaranteed sometime in January I believe. Wonder if he's on the roster by then

I watched a good part of that game last night. Looked like Melo was moving well and was in good condition. First game in about a year you expect his shooting to be off, but if it does not improve it's hard to say if he can stay. The team can live with his poor defense and even the fouls I think, but poor shooting is something else. I wish him all the best.

Melo was never the most athletic guy even in his prime, but he looked pretty unathletic last night. At one point he jumped for a layup and seemed to get just a few inches off the ground. Very little effort defensively too. Seems like he's gonna need to work himself back into NBA shape if he wants to have a chance of being a valuable piece.

I think those days are probably behind him, but I was very happy to see him back out on the court again and even with his athletic limitations, he's still able to get his shots up; they just probably aren't exactly the shots coaches want lol.

Melo was never the most athletic guy even in his prime, but he looked pretty unathletic last night. At one point he jumped for a layup and seemed to get just a few inches off the ground. Very little effort defensively too. Seems like he's gonna need to work himself back into NBA shape if he wants to have a chance of being a valuable piece.

I think those days are probably behind him, but I was very happy to see him back out on the court again and even with his athletic limitations, he's still able to get his shots up; they just probably aren't exactly the shots coaches want lol.

He never really committed to much of a S&C program during his career. Bodies break down with age but I definitely think more of a commitment to some plyometric stuff could have helped him a lot. Even just 5 years ago it seemed like it took a lot of effort for him to dunk.

15 pts, 5 rebs, 4 asts in 22 mins so far.

Yup and 3-4 from 3.

Banging with Giannis on defense too. He’s playing hard.

Only negative is 3 turnovers. That will cut down with getting his timing back. He never had a problem with turnovers, so not worried there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom