Class of 2014 - Chad Mavety | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chad Mavety

From Eric White

@EricWhiteCuse: # you did a GREAT job on twitter the other night...i can't tell you how important that is #keepitup #cuse14
Sooooo, technically, is it a violation or not?

It looks like the general interpretation of the rules by some here (admins included) was incorrect. No way Eric White would be advocating/promoting this if the staff felt otherwise.

One other possibility is that the tweet above is from a fictitious Eric White account. Since I'm twitter illiterate, I haven't a clue.

Sooooo, technically, is it a violation or not?

It looks like the general interpretation of the rules by some here (admins included) was incorrect. No way Eric White would be advocating/promoting this if the staff felt otherwise.

One other possibility is that the tweet above is from a fictitious Eric White account. Since I'm twitter illiterate, I haven't a clue.

I'm not sure how they would ever be able to enforce this type of violation. What's to prevent fans of other programs from bombarding players under the guise of another fanbase, thereby drawing a "violation."

Eric White could be in the wrong though or he’s just toeing the line because really when you read that reply from him it doesn’t really say anything. Who did a great job? What was the great job? How important is what? Keep what up? Basically, conclusions can be drawn but good luck proving anything. And encouraging other recruits to recruit other recruits isn’t against the rules whether its social media or the telephone. That’s common practice.

Wes Welker just got busted recruiting for Texas Tech on twitter. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

http://lubbockonline.com/sports-red...welkers-twitter-exchange-recruit#.UbnHrOc4vTo

Eric White could be in the wrong though or he’s just toeing the line because really when you read that reply from him it doesn’t really say anything. Who did a great job? What was the great job? How important is what? Keep what up? Basically, conclusions can be drawn but good luck proving anything. And encouraging other recruits to recruit other recruits isn’t against the rules whether its social media or the telephone. That’s common practice.

Wes Welker just got busted recruiting for Texas Tech on twitter. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

http://lubbockonline.com/sports-red...welkers-twitter-exchange-recruit#.UbnHrOc4vTo

Welker is an obvious target for investigation. For the most part it is hard to know who most of the folks on twitter are.
I don't think that the NCAA has data mining capabilities.

Can't believe we still have this conversation over and over, it technically is a violation that is impossible to enforce, therefore, we should all be doing our part to express our support for recruits on twitter, everyone else is doing it we better keep up with the Joneses'

Like it or not, it's the way things are going. And I think the reason certain people on this board who were SO adamant against the use of Twitter by fans as it relates to potential recruits are beginning to not be so vocal is because they realize this.

I'm not about to start interacting with recruits on Twitter - not my thing. But I am A) going to follow them (no harm there, and no violation at all) and B) not going to vilify those that do as long as it is done in good taste.

I have trouble seeing it as a violation. No promises are made ...No money or items of value are exchanged for a committment from a recruit.
Twitter is an open forum on the internet. All comments are in the open for everyone to see, including the NCAA, and most tweets are of the type of "Hey we like you. We would love to see you play at our school ". Sounds like free speech.

Here's the key in that article:

“The NCAA prohibits that type of communication involving boosters and former student-athletes, and we are in the process of investigation,” Tech spokesman Blayne Beal said.

To me, this indicates you must be a current, acknowledged booster in order for it to be a secondary violation. Just tweeting someone does NOT make you a booster. I'm not a booster - I don't actively contribute to the school and have no financial or alumni ties to the school - therefore, my shoutout to a recruit should not be considered a booster activity. It's ridiculous in my mind to think otherwise.

I have trouble seeing it as a violation. No promises are made ...No money or items of value are exchanged for a committment from a recruit.
Twitter is an open forum on the internet. All comments are in the open for everyone to see, including the NCAA, and most tweets are of the type of "Hey we like you. We would love to see you play at our school ". Sounds like free speech.

Exactly, we are not giving a recruit anything. We are merely expressing our best wishes as a fan.

Have you given to the "Are you IN?" campaign? If so, you are a booster. There are trails. Is it likely the NCAA follows the crumbs? Not likely. But do YOU want to be the reason SU ends up under probation? You would be vilified by countless SU fans.

We all know, the NCAA would love nothing more than to smack down SU. (ok, maybe we don't, but there are plenty here who think so.)

Eric White...
banned.png

Mike 36m
2014 4-star Nassau CC OT Chad Mavety (@chadmavety55) will be visiting Syracuse on 6/28. He's arguably the top target on their board
We need /must finally recruit successfully the "top target on our board"To say he is crucial is not hyperbole.:cool:

Have you given to the "Are you IN?" campaign? If so, you are a booster. There are trails. Is it likely the NCAA follows the crumbs? Not likely. But do YOU want to be the reason SU ends up under probation? You would be vilified by countless SU fans.

We all know, the NCAA would love nothing more than to smack down SU. (ok, maybe we don't, but there are plenty here who think so.)

I have not...yet. And "vilified"? Really?

ESPN's Rumor Central doesn't even mention us =(

12 June @ 4:30 pm

Chad Mavety (Garden City, N.Y./Nassau Community College) will visit Columbus this weekend. Ohio State would love to secure a commitment from the massive JUCO tackle, but it's unlikely to happen.

"While he says there's 'absolutely no chance' for a commitment this weekend, the visit will go a long way towards establishing the Buckeyes as the favorite to land the New Yorker," Jeremy Birmingham of elevenwarriors.com wrote.

Mavety holds offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Florida State, Miami, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas A&M and Virginia Tech. He has 20 offers in total.

Ohio State is already high on Mavety's list of schools:
Brad Bournival

Ohio State is targeting offensive linemen
"Junior college standout Chad Mavety is also high on the Buckeyes, and Jermaine Eluemunor could be in the mix, as well. The one thing Ohio State is making sure of this time around is that it doesn't get shut out at offensive line. Of course, the Buckeyes can't afford missing here with four senior starters leaving after the fall."

never ever happening.

George McDonald:
@EricWhiteCuse abuse of power leads to restrictions #really

From an Ohio State tweeter...

1. jbook@jbook37 33m
  2. Either Mavety is coming here or he's going to be a really soft commit somewhere. You commit in July but will visit OSU officially in Nov?
    1. jbook@jbook37 33m
    2. So Chad Mavety will now decide next month but will still take his Official visit to OSU in Nov.

1. jbook@jbook37 9h
    Interesting that Juco Tackle Chad Mavety has decided to move up his decision to next month now. Hmmm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom