Could Dior Johnson | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Could Dior Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not one of those people that weirdly root against an 18 year old like some people on here and I’m going to say something unpopular, but this is a beyond smart play on his part to go to Oregon. He knows at his skill level with the Nike and jordan brand that his chance of getting a huge contract with one of those 2 is very likely if he is an Oregon player and then moves to the league. Bazley was just as smart and the hate for that kid on here is ridiculous. There isn’t a soul on here that wouldn’t take the deal he took and look how it’s paid off...

dior is banking on himself. I don’t know how many times I need to say Syracuse needs to be a Jordan Brand School. This was a big reason why. Kids understand the importance of having a potential relationship with the man himself, setting it up for the future and playing for one of these programs that are JB, it opens endless doors. He’s making a good move going to Oregon and if he’s eligible, he’s staying there from what I am told. SU dodged a bullet, but this is a smart move on his part all around to prepare him for the future much like bazley. This strictly isn’t just a basketball decision

No Bazley screwed us. He left us high and dry then had his handlers cry when JB called them out.

Not unusual but I’m confused what is the difference between Nike and the Jordan brand? Isn’t the Jordan brand just a subset of the Nike brand that gives MJ a 5% royalty? Aren’t we a Nike school so what’s the advantage being the specific Jordan brand? Is Jordan or his brand actually a de facto agent for high school recruits ?

76A70C71-5A1C-4841-9E4A-D84056FFB56C.jpeg

And for those who think the Jordan Brand isn’t a major player in this and how important it truly is, here’s his commitment photo. Him standing in front of a pair of Jordan V that are only made for Oregon B-ball team. Syracuse needs to become JB immediately

View attachment 202519
And for those who think the Jordan Brand isn’t a major player in this and how important it truly is, here’s his commitment photo. Him standing in front of a pair of Jordan V that are only made for Oregon B-ball team. Syracuse needs to become JB immediately
Wonder if Boeheim has ever pushed for it

Isn't Q gonna be gone by the time Dior gets there?
Yes I’m just saying from a standpoint of Q knowing the coach and program and how It could be a place for Dior to succeed

View attachment 202519
70B8A6D2-D71E-4A91-8121-AB2AA0DF72AC.jpeg

I mean Tipton edits has been using the same Jordan shoe commitment photo template recently for non JB schools. I don’t think the recruits are specifically requesting a pic with Jordans in their commitment edit but it’s more of a recent trend. Nike has def pushed Syracuse towards more of an afterthought in recent years.

View attachment 202523

I mean Tipton edits has been using the same Jordan shoe commitment photo template recently for non JB schools. I don’t think the recruits are specifically requesting a pic with Jordans in their commitment edit but it’s more of a recent trend. Nike has def pushed Syracuse towards more of an afterthought in recent years.
Gotcha but there’s only 2 schools on there that are actually Jordan Brand schools being Oregon and Mich. cmon Tipton you’re better than that lol

Yes I’m just saying from a standpoint of Q knowing the coach and program and how It could be a place for Dior to succeed
Q has probably been there all of a few weeks. And you don’t really know what you’re getting until the games start.

Kid has legit talent, glad he found a home.

I think the result is probably best for all parties involved.

Not sure why people care about Baze at all. Worked out.

We really need to get used to having people de-commit. There are more options than ever. It's going to happen. Let's just keep our momentum going for our '22 Class and wish everyone well.

Got to look forward with this stuff. We are on the cusp of landing a really talented class.

We really need to get used to having people de-commit. There are more options than ever. It's going to happen. Let's just keep our momentum going for our '22 Class and wish everyone well.

Got to look forward with this stuff. We are on the cusp of landing a really talented class.

Cutting this kid loose when we did -- in retrospect -- was the best thing we could have done, if it lands us some combination of Westry / Taylor / JJ / Copeland.

Zero issue whatsoever with the coaching staff making that preemptive move, and for handling it behind the scenes with Dior so that all parties walked away with no hard feelings.

Like several others, I find it highly unlikely that he'll play a single minute of college ball.

Good stuff. Kids transferring, de-committing and chaos is absolutely going to be the norm. The door has been opened to start seeing this as an open market

Cutting this kid loose when we did -- in retrospect -- was the best thing we could have done, if it lands us some combination of Westry / Taylor / JJ / Copeland.

Zero issue whatsoever with the coaching staff making that preemptive move, and for handling it behind the scenes with Dior so that all parties walked away with no hard feelings.

Like several others, I find it highly unlikely that he'll play a single minute of college ball.
IF

View attachment 202519

View attachment 202519
Looks like a shoe advertisement - not that I'm surprised.

Reminds me of somewhere between Cole Anthony and Lamelo Ball with how much of a non factor college probably is for this kid.

I think we dodged a bullet in that we operate better when we have kids that buy into the program and the team. Even Dion was willing to sacrifice a little for team success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom