Could Dior Johnson | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Could Dior Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Bulldogs point Oregon looks really well positioned to make a killing as a future power with the NIL and the JB benefits. Not to mention just how well that hoops program has positioned itself. They have some solid NBA cred building too.

Out of curiosity what would it take to get JW to take a harder look at the JB?

Haha- my bad. The brand.
You know I was just messing with you.

Isn't MJ's daughter, Rak's wife/girlfriend/mother of his child, part of the Jordan Brand team? Not sure why SU isn't automatically in the group if that's the case.

You know I was just messing with you.

Isn't MJ's daughter, Rak's wife/girlfriend/mother of his child, part of the Jordan Brand team? Not sure why SU isn't automatically in the group if that's the case.

Yeah I believe so and thus I just don't get it. It makes too much sense but then again that is a fairly common thing these days..

Nike has def pushed Syracuse towards more of an afterthought in recent years.
Have they? Despite our lack of rankings and success in the regular season, we've still gotten better benefits than most, including special jerseys and warmups. Only a select group of Nike schools get the treatment SU does.

Have they? Despite our lack of rankings and success in the regular season, we've still gotten better benefits than most, including special jerseys and warmups. Only a select group of Nike schools get the treatment SU does.
We don't get anything special like Arizona, Oregon, Ohio St, Kentucky, Duke does (in terms of special edition shoes and warm ups). It seems like we just get the standard gear and team shoes like most Nike schools.

The womens basketball team got more stuff than the mens basketball team last year. They have like 6 jerseys and had a lot of breast cancer gear & shoes in addition to the standard gear and team shoes.

Has Dior committed to a HS for 2021-22 yet?
Only had saw he said he was "attempting to enroll" the name belies my memory though. There's no way his grades could be good enough is there? Seems he's missed a whole lot of class.

This.^^^^^
It’s not like schools are going around saying “no, thank you, we would prefer to not be Jordan Brand”.

That makes more sense. It beckons the how do you get that honor question but still makes sense.

The Syracuse Nike Dunks sold out immediately in both 2020(lows) and 2021(highs).

I don’t know...Nike is still the parent company. SU players can still get and wear retro Jordans, being a Nike school.

Jordan Brand’s appeal is retro Jordans and the special Jordans they make for like...UNC and Michigan. Nobody really wears their stuff otherwise.

Grass isn’t always greener. Nike gave us script jerseys and both high and low Dunks in the last year.

That makes more sense. It beckons the how do you get that honor question but still makes sense.
How much swag does your fan base buy - how much will Jordan Brand make on their investment.

The Syracuse Nike Dunks sold out immediately in both 2020(lows) and 2021(highs).

I don’t know...Nike is still the parent company. SU players can still get and wear retro Jordans, being a Nike school.

Jordan Brand’s appeal is retro Jordans and the special Jordans they make for like...UNC and Michigan. Nobody really wears their stuff otherwise.

Grass isn’t always greener. Nike gave us script jerseys and both high and low Dunks in the last year.
To be fair, all dunks sell out immediately now a days. It's not like everyone on Cuse last year got the dunks for free from Nike or the school lol. That's the appeal of these other schools, they give out the exclusive stuff to the kids for free.

How much swag does your fan base buy - how much will Jordan Brand make on their investment.
How many family members do the other schools
Have related to the GOAT?

View attachment 202523

I mean Tipton edits has been using the same Jordan shoe commitment photo template recently for non JB schools. I don’t think the recruits are specifically requesting a pic with Jordans in their commitment edit but it’s more of a recent trend. Nike has def pushed Syracuse towards more of an afterthought in recent years.

They made us an afterthought, but first they sent us crappy jerseys held together with duct tape.

I would have wagered we spend quite a bit as a fanbase tbh or maybe it's just me spending too much...

Oregon obviously makes sense given Phil Knight- they get all the benefits you would expect otherwise the marketing aspect wouldn't hold there. For some of the others though it does for sure. I guess I can see us just a tad below that top tier in respect to swag purchase.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think he finds a way to qualify and play college ball. Won't need to go overseas to make money now with the NIL. Noticed he was sharing Givonys thoughts on how much money some of the top kids will be making.

We don't get anything special like Arizona, Oregon, Ohio St, Kentucky, Duke does (in terms of special edition shoes and warm ups). It seems like we just get the standard gear and team shoes like most Nike schools.

The womens basketball team got more stuff than the mens basketball team last year. They have like 6 jerseys and had a lot of breast cancer gear & shoes in addition to the standard gear and team shoes.
This is wrong when they had the trial Uni‘s Syracuse and Ohio State was in with two other teams

I'm starting to think he finds a way to qualify and play college ball. Won't need to go overseas to make money now with the NIL. Noticed he was sharing Givonys thoughts on how much money some of the top kids will be making.

I agree. If he wants to go to college they will find a way. I'm sure he or someone using his name has been or can be enrolled in enough online classes through Covid to get him over the minimum threshold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom