Cuse +4.5 pts at NC State | Syracusefan.com

Cuse +4.5 pts at NC State

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Never easy on the road but this is a game we can win. See if the team can get back to basics.

I don’t see this team winning any road games left on the schedule. We’ve already witnessed their level of play on the road.

I don’t see this team winning any road games left on the schedule. We’ve already witnessed their level of play on the road.
Bet against Cuse last week vs UNC, maybe I should again. Just won't put down as much $ as last week...

Not even sure if any of these remaining games are worth watching until the ACC tourney

Matchup wise this is a better game for us - but it’s hard to trust what team will show up on the road

Matchup wise this is a better game for us - but it’s hard to trust what team will show up on the road
Odds now up to +6.5 with 71% betting on the favorite. I'll just say what I said the first game, and that is if we can shut down the two DJ's we have a good chance of winning.

Also this is the game that Judah had 20 FT's, so you know that won't happen on Tobacco Road, plus rebounds were basically even (41-40) and Benny had 11/5.

Last edited:
We not only lose on the road, we usually play horrible. Where have we played well on the road in the ACC. Pitt was the only one. Everywhere else has been dreadful. I’d be shocked if we keep it under 10-15 points. This team just doesn’t have the mental fortitude to handle any adversity on the road.

I may eat my words, but we should be able to hang around in this one. NC State is bad at rebounding and aside from Horne they aren't a good shooting team either. Jaden Taylor isn't having a good year but he's kept chucking, so there's always a chance he gets hot but overall, offense is a struggle for them.

I'll be curious to see what the whistle is like. NC State doesn't draw a lot of fouls and we've been forced to play more passive defense than usual due to our lack of depth.

Odds now up to +6.5 with 71% betting on the favorite. I'll just say what I said the first game, and that is if we can shut down the two DJ's we have a good chance of winning.

Also this is the game that Judah had 20 FT's, so you know that won't happen on Tobacco Road, plus rebounds were basically even (41-40) and Benny had 11/5.
We also didn’t stop them at all for the last 15 minutes of the game to

IMG_3582.gif

Someone should tell NC state they are supposed to be recipients of tobacco road officiating because they're 232rd in PF/game and not much better at home.

I watched it. I saw an immature team blow a huge lead. I still don’t think red knows what he’s doing
It sure is easy coaching from your living room, isn't it. Teams have to learn to win on the road. It's never easy in conference. Did anyone really expect us to shoot at the same pace in the 2nd half, regardless if Bell was given opportunities or not.

The biggest surprise wasn't that it ended up being a close game. It was more that our guys made some FT's and key plays to win the game. We could have easily folded in the last five minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom