Dinoball | Syracusefan.com

Dinoball

OrangeTarheel

It’s time to kick names and take ass
I have a friend who uses the term Dinoball when we are not doing well in game. Most often it refers to stupid penalties that extend drives of the opposing teams. I know there’s another analytical thread on this - I wanted to ask if this is a fair term.

I have a friend who uses the term Dinoball when we are not doing well in game. Most often it refers to stupid penalties that extend drives of the opposing teams. I know there’s another analytical thread on this - I wanted to ask if this is a fair term.
We've seen so many losses under Dino like the Clemson game. Get way behind early because of dumbness, play a pretty even game for Q2, Q3, and the start of Q4, continue to make things way harder than they need to be, and then do something soul crushing late.

Dinoball is spot on.

I like it! It’s like the opposite of moneyball, where decisions make no sense and are made off uninformed gut instincts instead of sound analytics!

What’s interesting is my brother uses the exact same term, and told me once we got to 4-0 it was time to Dinoball our way to a 6-6 season and just squeak out a bowl invite.

What keeps me coming back is dinoballs absolute passion and intensity on the sidelines.
Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

Dinoball is like spinning the wheel of low positive chance outcomes. Like 57 yard field goals or spiking the ball on 4th down. Bold strategy cotton

What keeps me coming back is dinoballs absolute passion and intensity on the sidelines.
So, you'd rather have a guy like Scott Shafer stalking the sidelines and cursing at Dabo?

I can see us doing a reverse Dinoball against UNC

Jump out to an early lead, say 14-3 or 17-7, then do something stupid to end a drive, give up a big play / score before half to close the gap to one score.

Then give up a score opening drive of second half and in an attempt to respond do something stupid or make a bad turnover that sets up another score and all of a sudden we are down 24-14 or 28-17

We've seen so many losses under Dino like the Clemson game. Get way behind early because of dumbness, play a pretty even game for Q2, Q3, and the start of Q4, continue to make things way harder than they need to be, and then do something soul crushing late.

Dinoball is spot on.
Exactly this. I’ve lost faith we will show up for a game that we aren’t supposed to win, but very well could, especially at home. It just doesn’t happen, with the 2018 Clemson win being the exception.

Exactly this. I’ve lost faith we will show up for a game that we aren’t supposed to win, but very well could, especially at home. It just doesn’t happen, with the 2018 Clemson win being the exception.
I did the math the other day. Dino is 18-3 against FCS / G5 opponents since he got here. He wins the games he's supposed to win. Otherwise, it's a toss up.

Dinoball is consistently fielding undisciplined teams that finish ranked below 100 in penalties nearly every year, going back to Eastern Illinois, and having dudes like Wax and Taj Harris be captains. 2 pretty selfish, and undisciplined players to represent your program. Come to think of it, who better to represent what you are, than the 2 players who aren't disciplined.

So, you'd rather have a guy like Scott Shafer stalking the sidelines and cursing at Dabo?
A false dilemma, also referred to as false dichotomy or false binary, is an informal fallacy based on a premise that erroneously limits what options are available. The source of the fallacy lies not in an invalid form of inference but in a false premise. This premise has the form of a disjunctive claim: it asserts that one among a number of alternatives must be true. This disjunction is problematic because it oversimplifies the choice by excluding viable alternatives, presenting the viewer with only two absolute choices when in fact, there could be many.

Dinoball is consistently fielding undisciplined teams that finish ranked below 100 in penalties nearly every year, going back to Eastern Illinois, and having dudes like Wax and Taj Harris be captains. 2 pretty selfish, and undisciplined players to represent your program. Come to think of it, who better to represent what you are, than the 2 players who aren't disciplined.
You're taking a shot at Wax?!

Come on, that call was utter nonsense, and by all accounts he's a tremendous leader.

Shameful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom