Dion going pro is not a done deal... | Syracusefan.com

Dion going pro is not a done deal...

McNabb2Brominski

All Conference
I would say its likely he goes but i would not be surprised if he returns. Im not saying this because he played poorly tonight. I dont think one game would impact a players draft stock, especially if it was the result of a bad game.

My reason to believe he may comeback is for a couple of reasons. First is that he could potentially have a legendary season next yr. In addition, he is only projected to be around the 20th pick in this yrs draft. He would obviously start and would be the team's leader/goto guy next yr. The stage would be set for him to have a fantastic yr and be a top 5/10 pick Lastly, and my biggest argument for why he may come back is that he is not a freshman. Most freshman make the jump because usually they have had a good freshman season and want to cash in. They dont want to risk hitting the sophomore slump- which happens alot to freshman coming off a good season. Dion is sophomore and there is no reason to believe he would slump next yr. He would go from being a 6th man to the starter and main scorer. He has nowhere to go but up. He would definitely be in the playing of big east poy and national poy.

With that said, I still think its likely hes gone but its not as certain as everyone makes it out to be. If he comes back, we could be looking at another fantastic season! Go Cuse!

I'm more convinced Dion is going pro than any other underclassman in the last 20 years.

He should definitely stay, he only averaged 12 points per/game and didn't even start. He showed flashes of being dominant, but never more than that. He really needs all 4 years. He could be a top 5 pick by then.

If he goes he gets picked Top 20. If he stays he could go Top 5 or Top 10 at worse. Big money difference in the NBA and their pay scale rankings

I'm more convinced Dion is going pro than any other underclassman in the last 20 years.

agreed. hes been gone since the preseason nit.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

He should definitely stay, he only averaged 12 points per/game and didn't even start. He showed flashes of being dominant, but never more than that. He really needs all 4 years. He could be a top 5 pick by then.
not

the fact he stayed this year was miraculous

donte greene went 28th. donte was a better college player. he may decide to stick around.

donte greene went 28th. donte was a better college player. he may decide to stick around.

Donte was a better college player? Flashing dynasty signs dont count as three pointers ...

Brent Axe reporting Waiters and Fab are gone and won't return

Dont torture yourself, hes gone and he shoud go

He probably should go. It would be the smart thing to do and not risk injury or lowered stock. However, I still think there is ample reason why he should return. Its not a typical situation were player has great year and decides to leave. We are talking about a sophomore, who is arguably are best player and come off the bench. If he plays this well as 6th man, imagine what he could do as a starter and are go to guy. He has chance to be a "dude" next yr "A DUDE"

Jekelish reporting sun will rise and then set later in the day.

The one problem would be whether or not he is going to class and would even be eligible to play next year.

He probably should go. It would be the smart thing to do and not risk injury or lowered stock. However, I still think there is ample reason why he should return. Its not a typical situation were player has great year and decides to leave. We are talking about a sophomore, who is arguably are best player and come off the bench. If he plays this well as 6th man, imagine what he could do as a starter and are go to guy. He has chance to be a "dude" next yr "A DUDE"

O for sure, he would be unfair in college next year

Donte was a better college player? Flashing dynasty signs dont count as three pointers ...
wiki:
In his freshman year of college, Greene started all 35 games he appeared in and led Syracuse in scoring with 17.7 points to go along with 7.2 rebounds per game. He became the first Syracuse freshmen sinceCarmelo Anthony to lead Syracuse in scoring, while setting a new SU freshmen record for 3-pointers in one season, notching 90, surpassing Gerry McNamara, who previously held the record with 85. Greene also led Syracuse with 57 blocks. He was named to the Big East All Rookie Team.[6]

wiki:
In his freshman year of college, Greene started all 35 games he appeared in and led Syracuse in scoring with 17.7 points to go along with 7.2 rebounds per game. He became the first Syracuse freshmen sinceCarmelo Anthony to lead Syracuse in scoring, while setting a new SU freshmen record for 3-pointers in one season, notching 90, surpassing Gerry McNamara, who previously held the record with 85. Greene also led Syracuse with 57 blocks. He was named to the Big East All Rookie Team.[6]

Exactly, donte played 35 mins on an average team where he cold shoot at will, imagine dion getting 35 mins a game and coach saying o to work? His humbers would be staggering...dion will ten times the pro donte is also

If there were a "disagree" button, i would hit it. JF and DG were both going pro. Dion is a different cat. He's a bad MF'er with a F-you attitude. Quite frankly, the only one on the team. This team has no problem with smiles, but seem to have a huge problem with balls and hate. You gotta have some hate in you to win (see: James, LeBron). Dion has that.

Not saying he'll be back, but it would shock me. Dude is someone who wants to prove "stuff".

44cuse

He's gone.

It sucks, but he gave us a great season. We're gonna have 3 solid guards next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom