Diversity at Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Diversity at Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only imagine very few major colleges have a black head basketball coach, black head football coach, and black womens basketball coach.

This is something that should be pointed out, celebrated, and supported.

I hope Adrian Autry gets everyone’s full support and excels. I believe he can relate to todays kids and share similar experiences with them. Should make a great recruiter as the head man.

When did we get a baseball team?

I wish EAs would stop calling us AAs.
I’m not sure what a EA is, but then again I’m confused on what the hell a AA is apparently

and, I thought you were gonna write "to fire a head coach with a national championship and a couple final 5 rankings."

Oh boy , couple of things…
Race will never not be a thing, as long as someone continues to make it the subject.

Does a Jamaican American get mad when someone calls them an African American? Legit question.

This is a liberal way or noway university that doesn't really care about sports like it uses to. It's more about doing what looks good and grades than it is about having people In charge about sports decisions. I'm glad we got Dino and Autry I love them both.

Race will never not be a thing, as long as someone continues to make it the subject.

Does a Jamaican American get mad when someone calls them an African American? Legit question.
“The vast majority of Jamaicans are of Sub-Saharan African descent,”

I’m just glad this will likely be the only place it’s even discussed, because it’s just being treated as a normal ORANGE hire as it should be. Most of the players are black, so most of the coaches should be too - law of averages kicking in, hopefully.

African Jamericans

My only issue is we didn't consider an external candidate, of any race, who could have provided a badly needed jolt to a fading program. Major mistake. Couldn't care less about race.

My only issue is we didn't consider an external candidate, of any race, who could have provided a badly needed jolt to a fading program. Major mistake. Couldn't care less about race.
Do you think maybe, just maybe, as several insiders have hinted, that there were calls/back-channel contacts made to external candidates?

I would be stunned if there weren't.

This board is full of information, but sometimes you have to read between the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom