Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to? | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 208 91.2%

• Total voters
Clean break. Sorry to GMac and Red but this has gotten to the point where I don't want any of them around. We need to break from JB completely. No more zone. We need new energy and new ideas. JB is burying any fair chance they will get. Maybe that is his plan so then they won't fire him and turn to his assistants?
It will be one of the guys. 1000%

1. Most of the fanbase won't be happy until Boeheim is gone.

2. Most of the fanbase won't be happy with the new coach.

Some people want Red, some want GMac, some want Hop, some want JHart. Some of you are holding out for the Pitino fantasy. Some want Oats or Miller or a Hurley or some other outsider.

It's obvious that most of you won't be getting "your guy".

When the new guy doesn't have us back in the Sweet Sixteen by Year #2, most of you will bail on him too.

And that will be the end of Syracuse basketball as we know it. Without fan support, the program will die become BC.

And I hate BC.

Some people want Red, some want GMac, some want Hop, some want JHart. Some of you are holding out for the Pitino fantasy. Some want Oats or Miller or a Hurley or some other outsider.

When the new guy doesn't have us back in the Sweet Sixteen by Year #2, most of you will bail on him too.

And that will be the end of Syracuse basketball as we know it. Without fan support, the program will die become BC.

And I hate BC.
Uhhhh

And I hate BC.

Whoever wants Hurley….please identify yourself so I can block you.

And I hate BC.
I have more faith in Syracuse community than you I guess

And I hate BC.
Really bad take. Better chance of losing fans long term is by keeping JB.

You got to be kidding with the BC comparison. Might be the worst post in the entire thread.

And I hate BC.

Part of this is true. The fanbase will be split on what to do next but after that I don't see the end of Syracuse basketball as long as we are willing to spend money to hire a quality coach and keep up with NIL game.

They wont last 3 years
I think Gmac would. I personally think based on everything that has gone down the last few years he is our best bet. Red will probably get the nod as he is senior but Gmac is the best choice from jbs tree.
Hes young, he loves the community, he has an excellent bball mind, connects with todays players, and would put together a good staff. For me to support him is surprising as i wasn't a fan until about 3 years ago. The optics of not picking Red will most likely rule the day but G is the better choice.

The thing that bothers me most about the stuff he says is that it does not sound like stuff a guy with full mental capacity says. There is something quite “off” about it and I wonder if something else is going on.

I think Gmac would. I personally think based on everything that has gone down the last few years he is our best bet. Red will probably get the nod as he is senior but Gmac is the best choice from jbs tree.
Hes young, he loves the community, he has an excellent bball mind, connects with todays players, and would put together a good staff. For me to support him is surprising as i wasn't a fan until about 3 years ago. The optics of not picking Red will most likely rule the day but G is the better choice.
I don’t know if G is better than Red but there was a lot here that made sense. The problem is that Red has those same qualities

And I hate BC.
Obviously, not everyone will be happy with the next HC.

Hopefully, it's a total teardown - someone from the outside is hired, and the reliance on the 2-3 is no more. Given that, so long as there's incremental growth & improvement from Year 1 to Year 2 in recruiting, player development and game performance, I think that's all we can ask for.

I don’t know if G is better than Red but there was a lot here that made sense. The problem is that Red has those same qualities

You think it will be one of them regardless of how the end of JB happens?

You think it will be one of them regardless of how the end of JB happens?

This is my opinion only, and I qualify it by acknowledging that I would prefer the AD to do proper due diligence.

But I think it's highly unlikely that will hire from within under two scenarios. The first is we continue to lose, necessitating JB being pushed out. Under those circumstances, the AD is going to not want JB looming over the program.

The second is JB implodes, forcing the '80s hand. And similarly, they wouldn't want a direct connection under those circumstances

I’ve always thought it would be internal starting with Hop. But who the heck knows anymore? It’s so weird at SU I don’t know how anyone “knows” anything…

I just can't take any more zone man I am 1000% done with it. You can say and whoever can say well Red or GMac wont run zone 100% of the time and we will see more press and more man but that same stuff was said about Hop and when he got his chance he went 100% zone. The zone is all Red and GMac have been taught and I just want a full break from that style of basketball.

This is my opinion only, and I qualify it by acknowledging that I would prefer the AD to do proper due diligence.

But I think it's highly unlikely that will hire from within under two scenarios. The first is we continue to lose, necessitating JB being pushed out. Under those circumstances, the AD is going to not want JB looming over the program.

The second is JB implodes, forcing the '80s hand. And similarly, they wouldn't want a direct connection under those circumstances
Hes going to coach next season which will be at least as good as this possibly better and retire

He will be replaced by Gus. J-bone will be his top assistant and Gmac and red will fill out the staff. Griff will be out.

69485b65-48d3-42fd-9e21-9a4fcd6bdd9b_text.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom