Dome Renovation | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Renovation

Any idea where the home games will be played? I may have to skip My seasons tics next year as it is 2+ hours to get to Syracuse as it is now. :(

Buffalo or Cornell would be a good guess. We're already booked into the Meadowlands for Notre Dame.

Lots of fuzzy info floating around right now. I'm hearing basketball won't be affected, but football will. Also hearing that the FB season to be affected is 2017, not next year.

I don't know how we lose a FB season, but not affecting hoops.

I've heard so many different scenarios that I don't know what to believe. Just have to wait to see how it works out.

Trying to remember 1979. Two games at Cornell, two in Buffalo, and two in the Meadowlands?

Edit: 1 at Cornell, 2 in Buffalo, 2 in NJ.

Lots of fuzzy info floating around right now. I'm hearing basketball won't be affected, but football will. Also hearing that the FB season to be affected is 2017, not next year.

I've heard so many different scenarios that I don't know what to believe. Just have to wait to see how it works out.

Do we tell the new football coach in advance, or do we let him find out the hard way?

I agree. I have heard so many different scenarios and time frames that all we can really do is wait and see.

TexanMark said:
I bet FSU will be at MetLife or Yankee Stadium

Ef that

OburgOrange said:
Any idea where the home games will be played? I may have to skip My seasons tics next year as it is 2+ hours to get to Syracuse as it is now. :(

image-4027792566.jpg

I'd definitely play Colgate at Cornell on 9/3 and look at USF there two weeks later. I'd play Pitt at Buffalo. FSU at MetLife or Yankee Stadium, NCSt at Buffalo or Yankee Stadium. Louisville at Buffalo. Notre Dame at MetLife.

Hmmm.. I thought they weren't meeting until the end of November.

TexanMark said:
I'd knew you would say that... Remember we have a close away game in Hartford...in 79 the games drew diddley in Buffalo.

As bad as attendance has been, the people that should get screwed the least are the diehards that go now. Most of those are locals. Buffalo is a lot easier and closer than jersey or NYC. They can have Colgate.

Remember the original numbers--

Total cost of the Dome: $26.85M.
Carrier Corp Naming gift: 2.75M
NYState Share: 15.00M
Leaving 9.1M as the SU share.

So, the precedent for the state being heavily involved is there.

The trade-off might be that more non-SU events would have to be scheduled. Which leads back to the transportation/parking problem for crowds who are not Dome regulars. I expect the people-moving part of the project to get major attention. (All of this assuming the leaks have it right).

Wow, crazy the Dome only cost $26.85 million. And even crazier that NYS contributed 56% of the cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom