Dome Renovation | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Renovation

Any Attorney wanna give an opinion if the University could put out a call for a new corporate sponsor with a major renovation...to include blowing out walls and attaching the Dome to adjacent buildings?

Any Attorney wanna give an opinion if the University could put out a call for a new corporate sponsor with a major renovation...to include blowing out walls and attaching the Dome to adjacent buildings?

Probably tough to do without actually seeing the signed agreement.

Interesting question. IMO it's doubtful there are many within the community that could / would donate substantial dollars for naming rights. Wegmans? National Grid? Pyramid?

Anyone know how often naming rights are bought by a company without a major local presence or HQ in the area? Thoughts on what naming rights could bring in?

I suspect this is in the works.

Hard to imagine if KFC can pony up 37M for naming rights in Ky ... we can't get wegmans or some other corporation to spend $20m for the Dome rights in upstate NY.

Hard to imagine if KFC can pony up 37M for naming rights in Ky ... we can't get wegmans or some other corporation to spend $20m for the Dome rights in upstate NY.
How about the Fucillo Dome? It'd be Huuugggeeeee

How about the Fucillo Dome? It'd be Huuugggeeeee
You know what .. his ads are not my favorite, but I'm getting used to the guy. He works his butt off and he's successful. And if he's got $20M, he just might be able to make us all HUGE>

Last edited:
You know what .. he's not my favorite, but I'm getting used to the guy. He works his butt off and he's successful. And if he's got $20M, he just might be able to make us all HUGE>
Also an alumni?

Yes

Billy Fuccillo is an American businessman who has a net worth of $100 million. Billy Fuccillo earned his net worth as the owner of Fuccillo Automotive Group which is the largest automobile dealership in the state of New York. Fuccillo, who stands 6 foot 3.5 inches tall and weighs in at 261 pounds, is a 1978 graduate of Syracuse University. Billy had the opportunity to attend Syracuse University after receiving a full football scholarship. Fuccillo bought his first automobile dealership in Adams which is located just south of Watertown. Today this dealership has more than 1,400 employees located in 22 dealerships and 31 franchises in the New York State and Florida area. He also has a multi-franchise dealership located on Grand Island which he started in 2000. Fuccillo is a big marketing guru. He spends millions of dollars on billboards, newspapers, buses, television, radio and airplane trailers as well as numerous television commercials. Some of Fuccillo's recent accomplishments include two national awards for Fuccillo Kia of Cape Coral, Florida where in 2010 he gave away a three-bedroom, 1,400 square foot home as part of a sales promotion. He also received the best new dealer award for 2011 as well as the U.S. dealer with the highest retail sales volume. He currently resides in Skaneareles, and he also owns homes in Montego Bay, Jamaica, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, Buffalo, New York, Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Camillus, N.Y. Billy owns a Lear 60 personal jet which he uses to travel between his dealerships.

You could sell expensive permits for event parking close to the Dome in the Tom Park ing lot.

giphy.gif

I'll show myself out...

Billy Fuccillo is an American businessman who has a net worth of $100 million. Billy Fuccillo earned his net worth as the owner of Fuccillo Automotive Group which is the largest automobile dealership in the state of New York. Fuccillo, who stands 6 foot 3.5 inches tall and weighs in at 261 pounds, is a 1978 graduate of Syracuse University. Billy had the opportunity to attend Syracuse University after receiving a full football scholarship. Fuccillo bought his first automobile dealership in Adams which is located just south of Watertown. Today this dealership has more than 1,400 employees located in 22 dealerships and 31 franchises in the New York State and Florida area. He also has a multi-franchise dealership located on Grand Island which he started in 2000. Fuccillo is a big marketing guru. He spends millions of dollars on billboards, newspapers, buses, television, radio and airplane trailers as well as numerous television commercials. Some of Fuccillo's recent accomplishments include two national awards for Fuccillo Kia of Cape Coral, Florida where in 2010 he gave away a three-bedroom, 1,400 square foot home as part of a sales promotion. He also received the best new dealer award for 2011 as well as the U.S. dealer with the highest retail sales volume. He currently resides in Skaneareles, and he also owns homes in Montego Bay, Jamaica, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, Buffalo, New York, Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Camillus, N.Y. Billy owns a Lear 60 personal jet which he uses to travel between his dealerships.
FUCILLO DOME's fine with me if he's willing to invest.

You could sell expensive permits for event parking close to the Dome in the Tom Park ing lot.

giphy.gif

I'll show myself out...
Don't forget to tip Carolyn.

Opinion: no. But I'd have to see the language in the original gift agreement.

Last I heard is they were working on getting out of it.

Interesting. Can't hurt. I doubt there are many lucrative naming rights options out there, but if they can open up the naming possibility without squandering Carrier's goodwill or violating the spirit of the gift, that's OK.

Interesting. Can't hurt. I doubt there are many lucrative naming rights options out there, but if they can open up the naming possibility without squandering Carrier's goodwill or violating the spirit of the gift, that's OK.
I remember at the time of the Dome's construction, corporations weren't exactly lining up for naming rights. So I'm sure CC's 2.75M came in handy. But that was not, even then, a lot of money. And I think Carrier did as much to squander its reputation by not providing the Dome with AC as anyone else. They cold have made the DOME AC a corporate highlight. Instead ... we had 80+ degrees and lots of mary jane fumes.

You're right, of course, about the gift agreement. The way I look at it (speculation), even if it's open ended, how long realistically is a court (or Carrier) going to hold up the University from moving on. It's been 35 years. The place needs work, and the work is likely to cost 100 x what Carrier put in. So my rough take would be, give Carrier a chance to step up again with AC and "renaming" rights. And if they're not prepared to re-up 10-fold, move on.

I wonder if Billy would like to adopt me? :D

giphy.gif

I'll show myself out...

Probably not--one of the conditions he would have for paying for naming rights is someplace to store his inventory. I think the only reason Great Northern Mall is still viable is the fact that Billy stores a ton of his Kia and Nissan inventory in the mall's back lot--his lease payment has to help.

You're right, of course, about the gift agreement. The way I look at it (speculation), even if it's open ended, how long realistically is a court (or Carrier) going to hold up the University from moving on. It's been 35 years. The place needs work, and the work is likely to cost 100 x what Carrier put in. So my rough take would be, give Carrier a chance to step up again with AC and "renaming" rights. And if they're not prepared to re-up 10-fold, move on.

This is not "naming rights". The building is named in honor of a gift...like almost all buildings up there. e.g.
Carnegie library
Bird Library
Crouse-Hinds Hall
Hendricks Chapel

The people who donated said, "if I give you this money, you need to name the building ________." and SU agreed. If they upgrade one of those buildings and it costs a lot more than the donation...I don't think that nullifies the agreement. We could have "Pepsi Chapel"!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom