Tailgate: Fine lot
Kickoff: 1:30
Month: October
Opponent: Penn State
Post Game celebration: Varsity
Saturday night dinner: Spaghetti W meatballs and a loaf from Columbus bakery
Sunday morning: The Herald Journal
Following Friday: The Old Scout.

I agree. I have yet to see a silver, white or blue jersey with the ugly as numbers anywhere in the community. You might see a few of them at games, but not so much walking around town.

That's because they're not made available. Only the Home jersey is available for purchase if you can find it. Outside of the elite programs, Nike has greatly scaled down their college football and basketball apparel operations. I remember being able to buy authentic college football jerseys from Nike and Eastbay from a variety of teams.

Regarding the current uniforms, I love them. Its a fresh look. Of course, when Illinois' new uniforms look exactly like yours, you can get some of the anger towards the Swoosh.

While we're on this topic, does anyone on this board have an authentic jersey of the current model that they'd be willing to part with? I cannot find them on eBay.

Hah! They do look good up close. I think the brass sees the stuff, so hopefully a change is coming...

If ya didn't know... Cuse was voted the best uni in the big east ..

I don't disagree with our ranking, but Pitt at #5 is a big shocker to me. I love their throwback unis (Below), but their regular ones are kind of fugly.
c36698c44d22d73171138fbd75e5c166--pitt-panthers-football-uniforms.jpg

All of our complaints over the last 3 years are confirmed here, lol. But its hard to tale this list seriously with NC And Miami ramled so low. NC blue is awesome and they use it well. Miami's colors are the most unique and they always look great.
I've posted other Uni rankings, before.. We're always last.

And Crales, last year Athlon had that Pitt Uni at #1..(used that exact pic)
Ranking the ACC’s 2017 Football Uniforms

Funny how Athlon had NC and Miami much higher, last year, Ish... Opinions like the wind. (minus Cuse ranked last)

Back when some of us liked them...
Syracuse | Style Points

Last edited:
Thank you Julian! Very well said.

I love modern uniforms and a flashy look. Of the current ones, I truly enjoy the "orange out" and the "white out" combinations. With that being said, I still feel as though a new look and Julian's thoughts are on point for the direction we should take. I feel an all Orange combination should be an occasional use not the base uniform. That being said, I am officially throwing my support for a return to the "90's look." I do appreciate having the "S" on the helmet and would like to keep it there. Count me in with the older disgruntled crowd. We need to reestablish a brand especially if we end up doing well this year.

I realize that what I’m about to say applies more to the hoops identity, but I am surprised that we haven’t universally embraced, (and in basketball’s case I’m shocked) the script font “Syracuse”. People still identify us with that. Apply it to all sports. Don’t put it on the helmet, let that be just a color (orange)

WAIT! I’ve been told on here numerous times how much the kids love the uniforms. Julian, you are wrong!
The kids do love the Uni's.. They look good up close. That doesn't mean they won't love Uni's that we can see from the stands.

Regardless, you'd have to think the staff isn't happy about Nike giving Illi our Uni's. With a noted branding problem, and numerous national publications indicating they are the worst? I'd expect a change...

Capture.0.jpeg

DaGgLX2VwAAp2yw

Is Nike seriously this lazy? I mean they have the same colors and numerals. The only “difference” is their numerals aren’t at 44 degree angles.

This is unbelievable. Wake up SUAD and just demand Nike atleast give us our own brand.

Yeah I missed the original thread.What a joke by Nike.

Just uder laziness. Just fix our numerals already.

Just compounded a branding problem. Love em, hate em, it's important to have an identifiable brand. Illi may just be the last straw that forces a change.