Dungey To the Browns??? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey To the Browns???

I bet you said the same thing when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
Mayfield couldn't throw the ball without wincing in pain or going down on his knee, which resulted in 3 interceptions. I can't imagine that is the result of a simple bruised muscle. It appears to be a bone contusion inside the joint. That is not good and won't heal fast and if he continues to play could become a very serious injury which won't heal for 6 months or more.The best thing they could do is to shut him down. He is a number 1 pick and represents a lot of investment for the Browns and if he aggravates to the point of being very serous career damaging injury, he won't have any value for them. That leaves the starting QB spot open and the no.2 guy is a stiff.

Mayfield couldn't throw the ball without wincing in pain or going down on his knee, which resulted in 3 interceptions. I can't imagine that is the result of a simple bruised muscle. It appears to be a bone contusion inside the joint. That is not good and won't heal fast and if he continues to play could become a very serious injury which won't heal for 6 months or more.The best thing they could do is to shut him down. He is a number 1 pick and represents a lot of investment for the Browns and if he aggravates to the point of being very serous career damaging injury, he won't have any value for them. That leaves the starting QB spot open and the no.2 guy is a stiff.
I had no idea that you are a medical degree. Is it orthopedics? These guys play hurt all the time.

I had no idea that you are a medical degree. Is it orthopedics? These guys play hurt all the time.
I watched him wince in serious pain. They have bruises all the time and that doesn't even register with them. The best thing the Browns could do is shut him down and let it heal. Start Dungey, if he plays good , they could sign him as trade potential. If he plays great, they could trade Mayfield while he is still desirable and doesn't have a serious nagging injury. Either way it's better than their back up.

I watched him wince in serious pain. They have bruises all the time and that doesn't even register with them. The best thing the Browns could do is shut him down and let it heal. Start Dungey, if he plays good , they could sign him as trade potential. If he plays great, they could trade Mayfield while he is still desirable and doesn't have a serious nagging injury. Either way it's better than their back up.
You can't really be serious. I love Eric. But no one drafted him for a reason. The Browns still have designs on making the playoffs.

You can't really be serious. I love Eric. But no one drafted him for a reason. The Browns still have designs on making the playoffs.

Agreed. Though the Allen kid playing well for Carolina was undrafted, so it is possible sometimes for a guy to surprise.

But all this “start Dungey”,and “trade value” and “Mayfield is seriously injured” is obviously getting way ahead of himself.

There are a lot of guys out there the Browns must have looked at, then why sign Dungey. He wouldn't be the first guy to come out of nowhere and do it in the league. Brady was all but undrafted.

Agreed. Though the Allen kid playing well for Carolina was undrafted, so it is possible sometimes for a guy to surprise.

But all this “start Dungey”,and “trade value” and “Mayfield is seriously injured” is obviously getting way ahead of himself.
You said your a Browns fan so I assume you watched the game. Did you see your number one pick wince in pain and go down on one knee from just throwing the ball. He is going to continue to be dragged down and mauled by giant men intent on inflicting harm. Do you think they should expose him to hip damage. If he was a race horse he would be shut down.

Last edited:
You said your a Browns fan so I assume you watched the game. Did you see your number one pick wince in pain and go down on one knee from just throwing the ball. He is going to continue to be dragged down and mauedl by giant nen intent on inflicting harm. Do you think they should expose him to hip damage. If he was a race horse he would be shut down.

Wrong guy. I’m a Giants fan.

I’m didn’t see the play in question. I’m sure their medical staff is on top of it.

I’m didn’t see the play in question. I’m sure their medical staff is on top of it.
Look it up and see for yourself.

Maybe everyone is right and Eric won't end up a QB in the NFL. But then again, Kurt Warner was undrafted, cut by his first team, and was picked up while working as a stock boy in a store. Not an easy path but he made it, so Eric can, too, maybe.

Maybe everyone is right and Eric won't end up a QB in the NFL. But then again, Kurt Warner was undrafted, cut by his first team, and was picked up while working as a stock boy in a store. Not an easy path but he made it, so Eric can, too, maybe.
Orange fans are very self deprecating. So it's fashionable around here to poo-poo Dungeys chances of making it in the league. Even after all he gave to the program.

LMAO. So you're placing my football knowledge on a fantasy comment?

Good grief, conversation over. Enjoy the Browns ineptitude at QB.

Reading comprehension is rare at times in these woods. What I stated was, I see that you're a fantasy player, and, with that being the case, you are fixated on stats versus actually watching him/the Browns play in live games. I wasn't questioning your football knowledge there. Where I was questioning your football knowledge is where you posted that Baker's success last year was as a "benefactor" in mop up duty, or as your phrased it, "late in garbage time." Hardly the case at all since he was the starter in all those W's.

All those guys will run opportunistically but it's not designed plays that a defense can plan for. Kaiser just wants to continue putting Dungey down in a back handed manner. The reason ED ran at Syracuse was because he calculated, correctly, that the highest chance of making key plays was for him to do it himself. That kept defenses off balance and made last years o-line appear to be stronger than this years o-line, which it wasn't at least that much. Neither year could they line up and run the ball at will. They don't have the horses to do it. If Dungey played on a team with a real power run game, I'm sure he would have been more than happy to hand the ball off to a back and let them do the heavy lifting. He did what he had to do for the team to succeed.
Whatever. Dungey makes for a great practice squad qb to give defenses the types of looks they'll see against mobile qb's. There is no inaccuracy in that statement.

Sure, there have been misses, but some of this blame is on Baker's shoulders. For instance, he has a high % of throws that have missed his targets too high. Yes, the OL is bad, so why isn't he running more? He was known for his mobility at Oklahoma, so all of sudden he's no longer capable of it? He's effective when he starts moving around.

I stand firm that Baker is overrated and last year he was the benefactor of a bunch of late game success in garbage time.
He ran for a TD sunday.
All I know is at this point, none of them are making me wish the Giants drafted a QB in 2018(I know Baker was off the board), the way many insisted they should have. And for that reason I’ve been following all those 2018 QBs very closely and I still think none of them are “can’t miss”, and all of them have a long ways to go - which is normal for young QBs. I’m not sold on any of them being future stars yet.

I’m very happy with the Barkley/Jones haul. And those that claim they should’ve went QB last year and defense this year...I’m as happy with Dexter Lawrence(17th pick), as I would be with any other defensive guys we could’ve picked at 6.

Kinda feel like a lot of teams are better off pounding the ball on the ground(Browns being one of them), and think the “ah just plug any old RB in) thing is overblown. The Giants have picked a lot of RBs in the late rounds the last decade or so, and almost every single one of them sucked.
I'm extremely happy with Nick Chubb.

Start Dungey? He’s not even on the team right now.

Start Dungey? He’s not even on the team right now.
Start Mayfield so he can get a career ending injury. That's what I would expect from the Browns.

“Browns’ Mayfield Slowed By Hip Injury, Limited In Practice” (AP) - “Cleveland’s quarterback was limited during Tuesday’s practice with a hip injury sustained in the second half against Seattle. Mayfield was hurt when he made a spin move and got hit during a run in the third quarter.”

“Browns’ Mayfield Slowed By Hip Injury, Limited In Practice” (AP) - “Cleveland’s quarterback was limited during Tuesday’s practice with a hip injury sustained in the second half against Seattle. Mayfield was hurt when he made a spin move and got hit during a run in the third quarter.”

100% precautionary. The Browns have a bye this weekend and don't play again until the 27th. Keep trying. ;)

Your grasp of reality still continues to amaze us all.
If Tommy D went down on one knee in severe pain form just throwing the ball and was in noticable pain and limping and throwing ints galore, would you want him to play or get a chance to heal the injury?

When a power player like a head coach says "no doubt", it makes me doubt.
You have no quit in you, I'll give you that. But, who in the Browns front office are you trying to sway in here?

You have no quit in you, I'll give you that. But, who in the Browns front office are you trying to sway in here?
Just puling for ED. Though no one really knows how information travels on the inet. I get hot flashes thinking about Dungey playing football again for the Browns.

Last edited:
This place has becoming boring as of late so here ya go. Eric Dungey gets his first start in the NFL, subing for the injured Baker Mayfield and defeats Tom Brady and the New England patriots.
source.gif

So the 3rd string practice squad QB will start over the backup QB who has been with the team for OTAs, mini-camps, and all of training camp.

My god do better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom