Ennis having 2nd thoughts. Fwiw | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis having 2nd thoughts. Fwiw

Will never happen unless he grows 3 inches or develops a super power. He is Mo Cheeks in a MCW(height)/Russel Westbrook(sick athlete) world.

You may be right? I said could, not would.

Last edited:
ya i have it on very good authority that he is gone. he has been for a while

I don't think anybody is ddisputing your info. I think it's also likely that Ennis is having second thoughts, doesn't mean he will pull out, but that he is having 2nd thoughts.

I'll be shocked if Ennis returns unless there is something thats come up that we don't know about right now. But if he is having 2nd thoughts... you never know.

I'm sure tons of guys have second thoughts, it's a HUGE decision.

That being said, taking my fan hood out of the equation, it's his time to go (unlike grant, who I wouldn't fault one bit for going, but has tons of area to improve his draft potential).

Doesn't it seem logical that if he is hearing that he isn't as valued as he was led to believe that he might be giving it second thoughts?

Will never happen unless he grows 3 inches or develops a super power. He is Mo Cheeks in a MCW(height)/Russel Westbrook(sick athlete) world.
Those metrics are the exact reason I never saw Ennis as a one and done PG. Rose, Irving, Wall were all consensus no. 1 picks, franchise cornerstones. No one had ever said that about Ennis.

He isn't Mcw. He really needs another year to get stronger and work on his shot. NBA coaches aren't going to work with him like they will in school plus they aren't going to make you work out. With that said I wouldnt turn down a few million if some one was willing to give it to me. The problem is some people have him going outside the lottery and that means your money isn't guaranteed. I'm a firm believer go if your are in the lottery and you can make it to get the second contract. If not stay.

He isn't Mcw. He really needs another year to get stronger and work on his shot. NBA coaches aren't going to work with him like they will in school plus they aren't going to make you work out. With that said I wouldnt turn down a few million if some one was willing to give it to me. The problem is some people have him going outside the lottery and that means your money isn't guaranteed. I'm a firm believer go if your are in the lottery and you can make it to get the second contract. If not stay.

All first rounds picks have guaranteed contracts, not just the lottery. 2 years guaranteed with a team option for a third year. Even if you're the last pick of the first round, and you're 3rd year option isn't picked up, that's still just under $2 million guaranteed.

If it happens watch the Ennis love fest start back up.

For the record, I think most of the people that thought Ennis should stay or that Ennis won't succeed in the NBA, also think he's a good college basketball player. Those two things can be mutually exclusive.

I thought he had an unbelievable year as a college freshman, and is a very good college player. Would love to have him back at Syracuse for the next year and the next 15 years if it were allowed.

I don't think you have an easy time differentiating between "hate" for a player and criticism of said player's abilities at the next level.

There are plenty of great college basketball players who haven't been very good in the NBA.

SUFan44 said:
For the record, I think most of the people that thought Ennis should stay or that Ennis won't succeed in the NBA, also think he's a good college basketball player. Those two things can be mutually exclusive. I thought he had an unbelievable year as a college freshman, and is a very good college player. Would love to have him back at Syracuse for the next year and the next 15 years if it were allowed. I don't think you have an easy time differentiating between "hate" for a player and criticism of said player's abilities at the next level. There are plenty of great college basketball players who haven't been very good in the NBA.

Many would disagree on your "hate" point. You don't have an easy time differentiating between valid criticism and "hate".

Many would disagree on your "hate" point. You don't have an easy time differentiating between valid criticism and "hate".

I said "most" people. I stand by that statement.

All first rounds picks have guaranteed contracts, not just the lottery. 2 years guaranteed with a team option for a third year. Even if you're the last pick of the first round, and you're 3rd year option isn't picked up, that's still just under $2 million guaranteed.
$2MM guaranteed.

Of which 10% goes to an agent.

That's now $1.8MM guaranteed.

Taxman come and gets his, now you're looking at $1.1MM guaranteed.

Now you can do a lot with $1.1MM, but most of these kids live the high roller life so that $1.1MM gets spent rather quickly. It might be "life changing" money, but only for a short period of time if they aren't smart with handling it (as most of them are not).

$2MM guaranteed.

Of which 10% goes to an agent.

That's now $1.8MM guaranteed.

Taxman come and gets his, now you're looking at $1.1MM guaranteed.

Now you can do a lot with $1.1MM, but most of these kids live the high roller life so that $1.1MM gets spent rather quickly. It might be "life changing" money, but only for a short period of time if they aren't smart with handling it (as most of them are not).

If youre going to subtract tax, got to add money for endorsements.

Plus, if the nba fails, he can play overseas, likely in a good league

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom