Ennis having 2nd thoughts. Fwiw | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis having 2nd thoughts. Fwiw

Good point. The jerseys are problematic to root for as well. No way I ever root for duct tape; I don't care how many hipsters tell me it is cool.

I think players wearing short beards, well at least cool mustaches and porkpie hats would really cement Cuse as Brooklyn's team for Hipsters.

I think players wearing short beards, well at least cool mustaches and porkpie hats would really cement Cuse as Brooklyn's team for Hipsters.
LOL.

I am told that the beer of choice for hipsters is PBR, so we certainly have that covered.

hipsters-pbr.jpg

hipster-bingo.jpg

What other problems? The money isn't going anywhere, it isn't like the nba is going to fold in the next year, or he is going to lose of all of his skills next season.
sure you can

What if he is not taken in round 1? Then it becomes not a very good move at all. He may be hearing that he is on the bubble after play of some guards in the tournament.
why can't people stick to the point. If he might not go in the first round, he shouldn't go. That has nothing at all to do with the point that was made about whether he "owes" his teammates and coaches to come back for another year.

Will never happen unless he grows 3 inches or develops a super power. He is Mo Cheeks in a MCW(height)/Russel Westbrook(sick athlete) world.
What if he developed a jump shot? I could see how maybe an NBA team might like that skill in a player. Without it, he is kind of a Jeremy Lin-type player (nttawwt).

I remember back in the 80's, 90's that there was talk that the top players including some on SU got insurance policies to protect them from injuries. Back then, it seemed that staying was more attractive because of the insurance policy along with the advances in orthopedics, players with what had been considered previously career ending issues became very treatable.

Being a definite lottery pick seemed to be the goal, anything else didn't seem worth it to leave back then. Have things changed - are those insurance policies no longer available? Has the money increased that much? Have D1 player injuries increased, gotten more serious? Heck DC stayed 4 years, Sherman stayed 4, Pearl stayed 3, Owens stayed 3, John Wallace came back for his senior year etc. I don't think the NBA dream has changed for players but for some reason how they get there has. I assume something has changed to make leaving vs playing for a few years enjoying the college life and staying a kid less attractive for some reason. I'm not criticizing, judging - just wondering - seems like things are definitely different or have the kids/parents and their goals changed?

Just found this link below: I blame the NCAA - if they wanted to help these kids stay in school they would allow loss of value insurance too. Glad they have career ending insurance but it needs to be expanded.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/15/s...-about-disability-insurance-for-athletes.html

Were 1st round NBA contracts guaranteed then like they are now? Were they for millions of dollars?

so Tyler should take into consideration what fans feel about him leaving early to better himself?
He doesn't have to take into consideration anything other than what is best for him, but does that mean fans can't be disappointed in how him leaving affects their favorite team? Surely, we have a right to be disappointed.

if he is having second thoughts, shouldn't he not hire an agent and go through the education process? what is the withdrawal date? is it same as the declare deadline?

if he is having second thoughts, shouldn't he not hire an agent and go through the education process? what is the withdrawal date? is it same as the declare deadline?
He'd have to withdraw by the 15th. But if he's already hired an agent he can't come back - but according to OP he apparently has not hired an agent

He'd have to withdraw by the 15th. But if he's already hired an agent he can't come back - but according to OP he apparently has not hired an agent
Hold on, Tyler. Please, for the love of...hold on!

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Tyler-Ennis-Scouting-Report-and-Video-Breakdown-4431

Really good breakdown_ I saw almost every game this year and still learned a lot about him from this video (need to scroll down)

I don't (fully) agree with this...

Ennis' playmaking ability is what separates him from other players in this draft class. He is one of the few “pure point guards” you can point to, as he led the NCAA in PPR as a freshman, posting a rate 50% higher than the next best PG. Ennis plays with a maturity beyond his years, as he operates at his own pace, is incredibly unselfish, and is always under control. He whips the ball all over the floor with great timing, moving the ball ahead for easy transition baskets, making pinpoint post-entry passes, and doing a tremendous job executing the pick and roll thanks to his superb ball-handling skills and court vision.

why can't people stick to the point. If he might not go in the first round, he shouldn't go. That has nothing at all to do with the point that was made about whether he "owes" his teammates and coaches to come back for another year.
Topic of this thread is Ennis may be rethinking decision. It appears to be you who is not on the point. I said nothing about owing anything nor do I care about that. You have changed the topic to support your position. I have no knowledge whether Ennis is or is not rethinking, but there are certainly reasons why he might be. Try to actually read before responding with garbage.

I don't (fully) agree with this...

Ennis' playmaking ability is what separates him from other players in this draft class. He is one of the few “pure point guards” you can point to, as he led the NCAA in PPR as a freshman, posting a rate 50% higher than the next best PG. Ennis plays with a maturity beyond his years, as he operates at his own pace, is incredibly unselfish, and is always under control. He whips the ball all over the floor with great timing, moving the ball ahead for easy transition baskets, making pinpoint post-entry passes, and doing a tremendous job executing the pick and roll thanks to his superb ball-handling skills and court vision.
Why not? Tyler is an incredible passer, IMO. Our offense played slow this year but I wore out my DVR playback button watching some of his plays. For what its worth, I think Ennis will be a very good player in the league- and a starting PG at some point.

Since they shortened the deadlines, how many players have entered the draft and then withdrawn their names? I can't remember any, probably because the tight deadlines don't really give them time to gather meaningful new information. But I'd be curious if it has happened.

Regardless, the timing of his announcement and lack of any hedging (like saying he's going to "explore" the draft) leads me to beleive this decision was made a long time ago and nothing that's happened in the last week is going to change it.

Did I say just the fans? How about all of his teammates and coaching staff who put everything that they have into trying to win a title?
Not easy to turn down millions of dollars when the alternative is living as a broke college student for at least another year in snowy Syracuse.

Topic of this thread is Ennis may be rethinking decision. It appears to be you who is not on the point. I said nothing about owing anything nor do I care about that. You have changed the topic to support your position. I have no knowledge whether Ennis is or is not rethinking, but there are certainly reasons why he might be. Try to actually read before responding with garbage.
I was responding to someone else, my mistake. Thanks for responding with the class we all know you have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom