Eric Ayala Derail Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Ayala Derail Thread

Yeah, there are a lot of details that would have to be worked out. Are we talking pregnant Beyonce? Does that matter to you Day2?
Yeah, that's a deal breaker.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Yeah, that's a deal breaker.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
If we're talking hypothetical, you have to be thinking Foxy Cleopatra Beyonce, right?

ok, this thread went quiet. Either 79 locked it up, or you all are googling pictures of Foxy Cleopatra. Admit, some of you did.

How many will admit they googled Alexis Texas? And how many are still employed?
I had no idea who she was, so I googled, I didn't even finish her name before I saw enough to know "who" she was.

Because I don't think it's a bleeping disaster of a season when we're the first team out. Some of you don't realize how good we have it. Not one losing season since JB took over. Not one. Our floor is falling off the bubble and getting one of the top seeds in the NIT.

My hometown teams are Mizzou and SLU. They would kill for our floor.
To second this, my home team is Marist. MARIST PEOPLE. The worst team in Ionas conference. Think about how bad they would enjoy just missing out or being the last team in. Now of course there's so aspects to look at. We are a top 10 program so we shouldn't be near the bubble as much but what does it matter? If you make it you make it. We went to the final four as one of the final teams in. That's more successful then a 7 seed and first round loss.

I agree but those kinds of players will be way down the trough and the picked over ones because of the all zone and other factors, imo. Just can't keep having bubble seasons and another season of missing the tourney will be devastating to the allure of the program which I think is slipping a bit day by day. Momentum is a big thing. Teams like Miami and VT are really trending up (despite first round Tourney exits!) and it is hard to fathom that they are crushing SU in recruiting currently. Looks like MJ Walker to VT is a strong possibility too. Those are some facilities down in Blacksburg also...not.
Buzz is good. Think he'd come here?

Buzz is good. Think he'd come here?
Buzz is near the top of my wish list to replace JB. The guy had good success at Marquette with JUCO transfers. He's had improving teams at VT with 2* and 3* recruits. Once he can regularly get 4* and the occasional 5*, VT is going to be very, very good. Buzz gets 100% out of his entire roster and his players love him. Every player would dive on a loose ball or run through concrete for Buzz. Would love to have him at SU and see what he could do with the Melo Center and the Cuse prestige to back him up.

In doing some research, I found the rough timeline was this for the guards back in 2012/2013 ...

Ennis commits in Aug 2012
Patterson commits in Nov 2012
MCW declares for the draft 4/10/2013
Rysheed Jordan commits to St Johns 4/11/2013

That sort of indicates the staff didn't settle for Patterson after Jordan committed.

Not sad about missing out on Jordan at all.

Never really understood the interest in Patterson, as he seemed to be a man-to-man defensive guard. It would have
made more sense had SU played some m2m, but he was recruited for a system that didn't really work for him, a la
Paul Harris. Don't get JB doghousing him; I think I'd take a 12/8/2 line from a player who didn't ever complain
and be a happy guy.

Kev

Is Syracuse not a better job than Va Tech?

Not necessarily. Nothing is as cut and dried as you like to believe.

SU - you'd have to replace a legendary HOF coach, and the fans would likely have ridiculously high expectations, and very little patience.

VaTech - he's already more successful than anybody they've had there in ages. Doing the same sorts of things he did at Marquette, only perhaps even better now. Minimal pressure, and he's already considered a success there now. And is paid well.

Clearly, Syracuse is the much better program overall, especially historically.
(However - Past performance is no guarantee of future results.)
But for a new coach coming in, it may not be better than what he's already got.

And especially if the $ isn't better - which, with SU's historically tight wallet, it may not be.

Something is going on that has hurt recruiting and our program status. IMO it started with the idiotic decision to make JB a 3 year lame duck coach. We kind of dodged it for a year but it caught up to us. I don't know how they thought having a lame duck situation wouldn't hurt recruiting. JB knew it. Even now opposing coaches are using JB's "unknown" status and his age against us in recruiting. The guy could step down at any time. Kids have no real idea how long he'll continue to be here. And top 50 guys don't want uncertainty about who will be my coach...and they certainly don't want to play for a "no-name" promoted assistant with no track record. We are in a tenuous spot...and it isn't likely to get better until this fog is lifted which means a change to a new, younger HC takes over who is respected and viewed as a winner (which means going outside). It's unfortunate for JB to go out this way after such an amazing career.

Not necessarily. Nothing is as cut and dried as you like to believe.

SU - you'd have to replace a legendary HOF coach, and the fans would likely have ridiculously high expectations, and very little patience.

VaTech - he's already more successful than anybody they've had there in ages. Doing the same sorts of things he did at Marquette, only perhaps even better now. Minimal pressure, and he's already considered a success there now. And is paid well.

Clearly, Syracuse is the much better program overall, especially historically.
(However - Past performance is no guarantee of future results.)
But for a new coach coming in, it may not be better than what he's already got.

And especially if the $ isn't better - which, with SU's historically tight wallet, it may not be.

Its not, but the VaTech job is pretty bad, there is a reason they went ten years without making the tourney. People make fun of Seth Greenburg, the guy did a heck of a job there. Its a football school, in the middle of nowhere, with no history at all, with bad facilities, with no high school talent near there. I am still shocked Buzz took the job.

Blacksburg isn't THAT far from DC/MD/Northern Virginia. Not that far from Charlotte area either. He can get talent arguably closer to him than Syracuse can from their NE corridor regions. Buzz is a more national recruiter though and hits the JUCOs hard.

Blacksburg isn't THAT far from DC/MD/Northern Virginia. Not that far from Charlotte area either. He can get talent arguably closer to him than Syracuse can from their NE corridor regions. Buzz is a more national recruiter though and hits the JUCOs hard.

Dc is what 3 and a half hours from Dc, I have no idea what Charlotte is, Va Tech still has a lot going against them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom