Everybody Needs to Think Realistically | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Everybody Needs to Think Realistically

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. A high quality Euro league is better basketball than the ACC. And he will be able to hire an agent, and dedicate his entire life to strength/conditioning/working on his game, and playing man defense. All while earning a paycheck and not having to take classes. Guys take irregular routes from college to the NBA all the time.

(To be clear, I really really want him to come back)
I think there’s pros and cons though. Those overseas leagues with grown men - they probably don’t care about your “development”. You’re on your own. In a foreign country, at 21. That’s not for everybody. Probably more support and vested interest in you at college.

I think this team is ranked with another coach.

Also realistically knowing JB he might respond from this years abomination with a great season next year. But this year is on him.

I’m a lifelong fan that’s frustrated but no way I make a change realistically. The university would have to give Oats 5 mil per tomorrow. Won’t happen
I think with a healthy Sidibe, Kadary starting and playing 30 mpg, and roles handled well and the team gelling we’re a solid team. It’s not like we have NO talent.

We are missing a center, and the other parts just haven’t consistently fit together well for whatever reason.

He can get an extra year of pay going earlier that will more than pay for his 2 years left.
Why don’t people get this? They have a very limited window to earn $ playing basketball. Bailing on that to come back to rebound for Buddy isn’t that attractive.

An extra year at SU won’t improve Q’s draft status. His role will be the same. JB isn’t making him a focal point of the offense or letting him launch 3’s.

Why don’t people get this? They have a very limited window to earn great $ playing basketball. Bailing on that to come back to rebound for Buddy isn’t that attractive.

An extra year at SU won’t improve Q’s draft status. His role will be the same. JB isn’t making him a focal point of the offense or letting him launch 3’s.
And playing in Russia is attractive?

Their number one goal is playing in the NBA not Turkey. Griffs dad is an Nba asst and his brother will be playing in the NBA you think his goal is playing overseas?
Kid is either NBA material or not. Coming back to college has zero impact on that cold calculus

Your takes are selfish. Russia is paying him to play basketball. Syracuse isn’t.
So maybe he wants to get paid.
Selfish lol ya this team is doing so well right now. I hate breaking them up.

Selfish lol ya this team is doing so well right now.
I am critical of the team.
I put the blame on the man who is paid millions.
I don’t blame kids for wanting to become professionals and get paid to play basketball.
If they don’t want to play college basketball anymore I thank them and root for them.
Expecting kids to return to college isn’t what I expect when a player has professional aspirations.

If I could have left law school early to become a lawyer I would have done it. I couldn’t.
If I could have gotten a job I liked without graduating college I would have.
I don’t expect this kids to owe me as a fan anything but to play the games while on campus and stay out of trouble.

I’ve been listening to Devos and Waters podcasts,every player that played overseas except Gmac seemed to love it.
Q is from Montreal he basically grew up in Europe. Sign as a FA with a team that is a good fit for you. Try to impress in camp. Maybe get a 2 way. Make a little $ while you chase your dream, bail and go to Europe or Asia if it’s not working out.

I am critical of the team.
I put the blame on the man who is paid millions.
I don’t blame kids for wanting to become professionals and get paid to play basketball.
If they don’t want to play college basketball anymore I thank them and root for them.
Expecting kids to return to college isn’t what I expect when a player has professional aspirations.

If I could have left law school early to become a lawyer I would have done it. I couldn’t.
If I could have gotten a job I liked without graduating college I would have.
I don’t expect this kids to owe me as a fan anything but to play the games while on campus and stay out of trouble.
People are moving the goalposts here. It used to be if your a lottery pick you leave. Then the next movement was if your a first round pick you go. Then it was if you can get drafted. Now if you can play overseas. What's next if you can play in the YMCA mens league?

One of the two will foolishly go to the draft or overseas.
I have no idea but where would QG or AG go? Other than a filler role on a G-league squad, at best really, I don't see a pro life in the U.S. for them. Overseas, I guess. I might stay the year if I was them with covid and everything else going on.
Playing basketball overseas isn’t exactly like going to prison. Pretty good life for a young man, even better for female players. Very few college players get to play in the NBA. One more year in college, rarely, I wrote rarely, helps improve NBA prospects

They also seemed to love it at Cuse though. I think everybody’s situation is different as for what’s their best move. People have had Marek going back to Europe for 3 years.
Loved the Cuse! Referenced a lot of the south side which was odd to me, but I will say Hop got a lot more love than JB.

I think with a healthy Sidibe, Kadary starting and playing 30 mpg, and roles handled well and the team gelling we’re a solid team. It’s not like we have NO talent.

We are missing a center, and the other parts just haven’t consistently fit together well for whatever reason.

With Sidibe healthy and better minutes distribution on the roster our record would definitely be better, but honestly at this point I don't think our record would be that much better. We've gotten embarrassed in a bunch of road games and a few of our home wins we've been fortunate to win.

People are moving the goalposts here. It used to be if your a lottery pick you leave. Then the next movement was if your a first round pick you go. Then it was if you can get drafted. Now if you can play overseas. What's next if you can play in the YMCA mens league?
There are billions of dollars in college athletics now.
These are supposedly amateur student athletes.
Do you understand how professional basketball works?
You are talking like these players can’t bet on themselves.
If they want to be professional basketball players they will leave college.
It doesn’t matter where they get drafted.
They want to be pros.

There are billions of dollars in college athletics now.
These are supposedly amateur student athletes.
Do you understand how professional basketball works?
You are talking like these players can’t bet on themselves.
If they want to be professional basketball players they will leave college.
It doesn’t matter where they get drafted.
They want to be pros.
Like I said your moving the goalposts. What kid dreams of playing bball overseas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom