Everybody Needs to Think Realistically | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Everybody Needs to Think Realistically

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if there were 2 SU-.500 seasons and JB wants to stay, he stays? What is the threshold.

Like I said. As difficult and frustrating that would be too watch as fans and deal with. JB 1000 Wins, 5 F4, National Championship in 46 years. He still earned to go out when he wants.

4 of Syracuse’s 5 starters should be complimentary role players. Instead, they’re overwhelmed and playing 35+ minutes a night because Jim Boeheim can’t recruit anymore and is too stubborn to retire. He should be forced to retire. Its time

They would be fine as pieces, not focal points.
We have no idea how they’ll develop as juniors or seniors. No one saw senior Rak coming. Also, if they’re not go-to scorers, maybe our staff could pretend to be competent for a year and bring in a serviceable center and improve guard depth so we don’t have to rely on either griff or q to put the ball on the floor

Like I said. As difficult and frustrating that would be too watch as fans and deal with. JB 1000 Wins, 5 F4, National Championship in 46 years. He still earned to go out when he wants.
Now do Brian Cashman. 4 WS titles, 6 AL pennants, 13 division titles.
He has earned to go out when he wants.

JB has been given support. The team doesn’t adapt.

We have no idea how they’ll develop as juniors or seniors. No one saw senior Rak coming. Also, if they’re not go-to scorers, maybe our staff could pretend to be competent for a year and bring in a serviceable center and improve guard depth so we don’t have to rely on either griff or q to put the ball on the floor

fwiw...many people on this board saw Rak as a post scorer long before we finally gave him the ball

Dear Jim Boeheim, For the love of God, please retire. Pretty please. Fifty years is long enough. Thanks for the title and everything else, but the game has passed you by and it is time. Signed, A Loyal But Tired Cuse Fan

Dear Jim Boeheim, For the love of God, please retire. Pretty please. Fifty years is long enough. Thanks for the title and everything else, but the game has passed you by and it is time. Signed, A Loyal But Tired Cuse Fan

Then don't watch anymore.

\
Then don't watch anymore.
Feel how you want, but this program is suck in reverse. This man needs go. In case you forgot we used to run the BE. We couldn’t win the MEAC right now . The Name on front of the Jersey is Syracuse not JB

Your post about state schools is 100% irrelevant as this is not football. Being in a P5 conference allows SU (for hoops) the good fortune of being able to compete with all schools playing at this level. Money will not be an issue when it comes to landing a head coach, any assistants, etc. for hoops. Syracuse University is the 6th winningest program in college basketball history, and with all of its resources made available to them, etc., it should act in accordance to such. Being a big state shcool adds to the athletic fund as does an enormous alumni.
You the 1st I have heard say that these things don't matter. There have numerous discussions on if SU is going to be willing to pay at the enormous amounts that it will take to get one of the name or up and coming coaches. Being among the winningest programs in college bb won't mean diddly if the bucks aren't there. Just being in a P5 won't do it either.

You the 1st I have heard say that these things don't matter. There have numerous discussions on if SU is going to be willing to pay at the enormous amounts that it will take to get one of the name or up and coming coaches. Being among the winningest programs in college bb won't mean diddly if the bucks aren't there. Just being in a P5 won't do it either.

I don't think I am the first saying this as it pertains to hoops. Perhaps, as your initial post implies citing 3 state schools, you are confusing size of school, number of alumni, $$$, etc. with football. The bucks are not going to be an impediment on the hoops side, as most, if not all, of the essential elements/resources, proximity to talent pool, etc. are there necessary to compete at the highest level with our fellow P5 competitors.

I don't think I am the first saying this as it pertains to hoops. Perhaps, as your initial post implies citing 3 state schools, you are confusing size of school, number of alumni, $$$, etc. with football. The bucks are not going to be an impediment on the hoops side, as most, if not all, of the essential elements/resources, proximity to talent pool, etc. are there necessary to compete at the highest level with our fellow P5 competitors.
Only agree to disagree. $'s are biggest factor.

It's loyalty that he has had and shown for us. So we should hold it for him. JB has earned the right to go out when he want's to and JW knows this and will allow it.
That is how you run the PTA, not THE flagship program of your sports department, and the single most visible part of your university.

Anything other than an honest assessment and appropriate action is malpractice.

fwiw...many people on this board saw Rak as a post scorer long before we finally gave him the ball

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Title of this thread should be changed to “Everybody needs to be OK with the deteriorating of our proud basketball program”

Why is Syracuse the only school where this happens so consistently? When football began slipping everyone said "Not the coach's fault. No one wants to play football at Syracuse". Then football cratered and the program was permanently marginalized.

Basketball is now slipping.

Are we going to one horse town this program into the abyss too?

FWIW...Im not even saying fire JB necessarily. Im not sure what I am saying other than everyone from the top down, and that includes JB, needs to recognize this program is slipping and the status quo is not working and cannot continue. If JB cannot adapt the program, his recruiting, and his coaching to 2021's game, we need to bring in someone who can.

Why is Syracuse the only school where this happens so consistently? When football began slipping everyone said "Not the coach's fault. No one wants to play football at Syracuse". Then football cratered and the program was permanently marginalized.

FWIW...Im not even saying fire JB necessarily. Im not sure what I am saying other than everyone from the top down, and that includes JB, needs to recognize this program is slipping and the status quo is not working and cannot continue. If JB cannot adapt the program, his recruiting, and his coaching to 2021's game, we need to bring in someone who can.
Yes. Nudge the least effective recruiter(s) out the door, and hire others to jump start recruiting.

Yes. Nudge the least effective recruiter(s) out the door, and hire others to jump start recruiting.
Recruiting is being hurt by the offense...and frankly...the defense that JB is rolling out there. He needs to modernize that too. The recruiters are being cut off at the knees.

The 2-3 zone doesn’t confuse anyone anymore. With the three
point line being moved out farther, it’s asking our forwards to cover too much ground. JB won’t accept this fact and refused to adjust playing zone full time. Almost all coaches will tell you the most important part of being a great defensive team is rebounding. The zone doesn’t allow you to be a good rebounding team.

The 2-3 zone doesn’t confuse anyone anymore. With the three
point line being moved out farther, it’s asking our forwards to cover too much ground. JB won’t accept this fact and refused to adjust playing zone full time. Almost all coaches will tell you the most important part of being a great defensive team is rebounding. The zone doesn’t allow you to be a good rebounding team.
It also allows the hot team to beat you because you have no defense. When we are playing a smaller mid major we play into their hands with the zone. These schools can’t recruit the big guys. So they pack their lineups with somewhat one dimensional shooters. So instead of forcing them into our size, we let them shoot freely. We have lost so many games to inferior teams this way and he still thinks these teams will miss

Crazy how we get so excited over a #27 recruit. It's almost like we never get recruits higher than #30 anymore. Oh right we don't. We used to regularly snag recruits in the 10 - 40 range. Now we get excited over one recruit that cracks the top 30 lol.

Meanwhile we see programs like Michigan, Florida State, Alabama, etc, elevating their recruiting. Michigan has 4 recruits in the top 50 in the next cycle with two of them in the top 10. Our program is in such a dire state that we can only dream of that scenario playing out here. Last I checked Michigan isn't exactly balmy weather. We have a better arena, newly renovated, and even that couldn't improve things.

Listen I love the guy and everything he's done for the program. I honestly try to put myself in JB's shows. 75 years old. 45 years of absolute fun coaching basketball, earning fame, the adoration of an entire town, and many millions of dollars. Then I look at the situation that is playing out and wonder why I'm not recognizing that I'm living the last years of my life destroying what I created while not enjoying retirement. It just boggles the mind that this guy and his selfishness are dragging down an entire town and fan base. The sanctions, the Hopkins plan, all of that, and he decided to move forward like this? Recruiting is garbage, the assistants suck, there's no player development, we lose 12-15 games a year. I mean holy s### what is it going to take?

His last year was supposed to be 2018. Imagine if he abided by that, and Hopkins was here. We would have gotten Isaiah Stewart and who knows who else. The program would be, I believe, in a great position right now. Instead, the broken record continues to spin with no known end to the nonsense.
Stewart would have come here for sure. Probably some other solid recruits. I don’t think the results would have been much different, though, because I don’t think Hop was ready to coach in the ACC. This season would have been interesting, as a possible make-or-break year with the conference down as a whole.

It isn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors