Everybody Needs to Think Realistically | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Everybody Needs to Think Realistically

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to laugh. That's been said way more often than not over the past few years. Heck SU was going 9-10 deep this year according to many here. As to OP, I agree, he ain't going anywhere unless he wants.
At the beginning of this season, ironically when Buddy was out and JB was forced to use his bench, we all daydreamed about KR, Woody, Bras, Jesse, Ajok, etc. all getting PT. “We can go 9-10 deep”, we all said.
Once Buddy came back it was back to same-old, same-old w/ Marek at the 5-spot, & Buddy/JG3 playing 35+. That is until JB was dragged again...kicking and screaming to make Kadary a regular in the rotation. And still that came w/ excuses that he wasn’t “ in condition”, etc.
I’ve been a JB fan forever, but every year it’s wearing a little bit thinner. I’m not at the torches & pitchfork stage just yet, but I’m gettin closer.

Last edited:
I wonder how many more years we have to endure. 2? 3? We know he’s staying until his son leaves too so at least 2 I guess. Imagine being this bad at your job and still keeping it, anywhere else.

Hoping the Knicks tank next year for Benny.

As nice as that would be, if the Knicks win tonight, they will be 4th in the Eastern Conference -- the days of tanking are over with. They have 2 rookies this year in the rotation already (w/last years pick RJ a starter) and 2 more 1st-round picks coming in June -- the future hasn't been this bright in many, many years.

At the beginning of this season, ironically when Buddy was out and JB was forced to use his bench, we all daydreamed about KR, Woody, Bras, Jesse, Ajok, etc. all getting PT. “We can go 9-10 deep”, we all said.
Once Buddy came back it was back to same-old, same-old w/ Marek at the 5-spot, & Buddy/JG3 playing 35+. That is until JB was dragged again...kicking and screaming to make Kadary a regular in the rotation. And still that came w/ excuses that he wasn’t “ in condition”, etc.
I’ve been a JB fan forever, but every year it’s wearing a little bit thinner. I’m not at the torches and pitchfork stage just yet, but I’m gettin closer.
Looking back, Rutgers was the only game we’ve been competitive against a good team on the road.

As nice as that would be, If the Knicks win tonight, they will be 4th in the Eastern Conference -- the days of tanking are long over with. They have 2 rookies this year in the rotation already (w/last years pick RJ a starter) and 2 more 1st-round picks coming in June -- the future hasn't been this bright in many, many years.

See you guys in Brooklyn :cool:

As nice as that would be, if the Knicks win tonight, they will be 4th in the Eastern Conference -- the days of tanking are long over with. They have 2 rookies this year in the rotation already (w/last years pick RJ a starter) and 2 more 1st-round picks coming in June -- the future hasn't been this bright in many, many years.
It's a joke, based on the OP constantly saying the Knicks should tank to get the next "generational talent". :)

These wanna be insiders recruiting or general basketball forum. Should apply for a sports website that has to do with college basketball programs and recruiting then. Btw when do they ever on here give good news. It's always bad maybe to get them more replies. I dont ask for this info I'm old school I'll get it from the people who are employed and paid to know cover this stuff or when it hits the media print or electronic. I'm old skool like that.
Clown post. Get a blog, old skool.

These wanna be insiders recruiting or general basketball forum. Should apply for a sports website that has to do with college basketball programs and recruiting then. Btw when do they ever on here give good news. It's always bad maybe to get them more replies. I dont ask for this info I'm old school I'll get it from the people who are employed and paid to know cover this stuff or when it hits the media print or electronic. I'm old skool like that.
Lol replies is absolutely why I do this. Just when I thought your posts couldn’t get any dumber. Next time you have some free time to crawl out of your moms basement, let me know. You can come to dinner with the staff or play golf or if you need a tour of the melo center let me know. Try not to be scared little guy like you are with the radio show and I’ll gladly give you an inside look at this basketball program. And quite frankly I almost can’t believe you’re a real human so I kinda just wanna meet you lol

Lol replies is absolutely why I do this. Just when I thought your posts couldn’t get any dumber. Next time you have some free time to crawl out of your moms basement, let me know. You can come to dinner with the staff or play golf or if you need a tour of the melo center let me know. Try not to be scared little guy like you are with the radio show and I’ll gladly give you an inside look at this basketball program. And quite frankly I almost can’t believe you’re a real human so I kinda just wanna meet you lol

Reveal your sources then. PM me them.

EvilUnselfishBaboon-max-1mb.gif

This is him attempting to call JB’s show.

If Benny is a legit stud and Kadary takes the next step at the point then I can envision us being pretty darn good next year.
Those 2 are most definitely stars and future NBA guys in my opinion!
Imo There has been some mis managing of the lineup the last couple years for syracuse basketball but unfortunately it is what it is until we make a change because boeheim things he's smarter than everybody . Boeheim is a great coach, better yet I should free phrase it this way he is a legend but it might be time to pass the Baton so to speak. Another dang year in the NIT!
If things don't change dramatically next year he needs to go and hopefully he would do it on his own

Bulldog has pretty much revealed his source in the past on this board and it’s legit.
I don't doubt his sources but it's Feb 27th a lot can happen in the next few months.

Now back to bashing JB.. Syracuse basketball will never contend for anything if they think that Boeheim's zone defense is the answer. Everyone knows how to attack it and it shows on game day. They're slowly grinding their way to an ugly finish to a tournament-less season again and this mans key card still works?

I don't doubt his sources but it's Feb 27th a lot can happen in the next few months.
As always, I share things from where they currently are at. No one understands kids changing their minds more than me and scenarios change and I get that. I love the board and it’s fun to keep everyone in the loop because I try to provide actual information, but man oh man, ya’ll crazy lol

Their number one goal is playing in the NBA not Turkey. Griffs dad is an Nba asst and his brother will be playing in the NBA you think his goal is playing overseas?
You think he's ever making an NBA roster?

Look at the possible roster next with the addition of Benny Williams who if he's a good as all the hype that he is. If everybody comes back on paper one of our deepest and best roster in years.
Crazy how we get so excited over a #27 recruit. It's almost like we never get recruits higher than #30 anymore. Oh right we don't. We used to regularly snag recruits in the 10 - 40 range. Now we get excited over one recruit that cracks the top 30 lol.

Meanwhile we see programs like Michigan, Florida State, Alabama, etc, elevating their recruiting. Michigan has 4 recruits in the top 50 in the next cycle with two of them in the top 10. Our program is in such a dire state that we can only dream of that scenario playing out here. Last I checked Michigan isn't exactly balmy weather. We have a better arena, newly renovated, and even that couldn't improve things.

Listen I love the guy and everything he's done for the program. I honestly try to put myself in JB's shows. 75 years old. 45 years of absolute fun coaching basketball, earning fame, the adoration of an entire town, and many millions of dollars. Then I look at the situation that is playing out and wonder why I'm not recognizing that I'm living the last years of my life destroying what I created while not enjoying retirement. It just boggles the mind that this guy and his selfishness are dragging down an entire town and fan base. The sanctions, the Hopkins plan, all of that, and he decided to move forward like this? Recruiting is garbage, the assistants suck, there's no player development, we lose 12-15 games a year. I mean holy s### what is it going to take?

His last year was supposed to be 2018. Imagine if he abided by that, and Hopkins was here. We would have gotten Isaiah Stewart and who knows who else. The program would be, I believe, in a great position right now. Instead, the broken record continues to spin with no known end to the nonsense.

Reveal your sources then. PM me them.
I guess I will have to say it again. Not just to you, but to everyone.

Knock off the information-shaming. Knock off the "Who are your sources - if they really exist?" Knock off all this BS. Take the information, and believe it or don't.

You know what they call sources who are outed? Ex-sources.

I guess I will have to say it again. Not just to you, but to everyone.

Knock off the information-shaming. Knock off the "Who are your sources - if they really exist?" Knock off all this BS. Take the information, and believe it or don't.

You know what they call sources who are outed? Ex-sources.

You know what they call posters who demand the names of sources?

Ex-posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors