Favorite Songs Of The 1970's | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite Songs Of The 1970's

I'm not a big Steve Miller Band fan, but these were staples of every field party I attended as a young teen

[song: The Joker]

There are plenty of artists/songs in this thread I'd say the same thing about, some of which I've posted myself.

For whatever reason, sometimes certain music just evokes memories of times and events long past. For me, it's usually the music that was around when I was becoming more aware of the world and trying to figure things out.

Terrific thread, and thanks for the great contributions and insights from you and others here.

Thank god that you older people saved this music so I can hear it today! I wish I was born back in this decade, but I still want my laptop and video games and high def tv's so I'll just live with youtube video's and such. Anyways here's where I start.

How do we ONLY have 2 Grateful Dead songs? That must be changed!

Thank you for calling us "older" and not "old" :cool:

Gotta sneak these guys in here, even though most of their hits came in the 1960s. Epic song.

The Hollies

[song: Long, Cool Woman in a Black Dress]

Thank god that you older people saved this music so I can hear it today! I wish I was born back in this decade, but I still want my laptop and video games and high def tv's so I'll just live with youtube video's and such. Anyways here's where I start.

How do we ONLY have 2 Grateful Dead songs? That must be changed!
They had not played this song live in 20+ years (forgot exactly how long but it was a long while, at least 20 years).
Went to a show with a few friends. One friend said "they're going to play Casey Jones!" He had no idea, was probably his first Dead concert. My other friend who knows his stuff, laughed and told us how long it had been.

Right after that, we hear a train whistle and the crowd went absolutely bonkers, like I've never heard at a Dead show before and they played the song...my knowledgeable Dead Head friend was stupefied.

Steely Dan, from their outstanding debut album Can't Buy a Thrill. Some artists hit the ground running with a fully-formed work. This is one of those cases.

[song: Reelin' in the Years]

The softer side of the Ramones.

[song: Questioningly]

Patti Smith

[song: Pumping (My Heart)]

Mink DeVille

[song: She's So Tough]

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Another solid artist with a string of familiar radio songs and very good albums. Sort of a Brandon Triche-like career. ;)

[American Girl]

oh, you bast ard! I was planning on a Petty run today, starting with American Girl!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom