FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

yooo...seriously, you guys should go check out the UoL s$out board...they really are in straight denial...pure comedy

I don't know about that. Most of the comments I read support getting rid of Pitino and Jurich. Many are embarrassed and some have stated they will refuse to watch any more Louisville sports.

Nope, the first few pages of the indictment are all about how the schools received financial aid from the federal government in an amount greater than $10,000. That is the FBI's opening.

Interesting, but without that I would think that the FBI still had jurisdiction. They do interstate fraud and wire fraud all the time.

DG1HwfUVoAAqOKM.jpg

Cheater
Cheater
Cheater
Cheater
and
Josh Pastner

I would love to know how this entire probe started? When people complain about other suspected dirty schools not being named, my suspicion is that this started based on a complaint related to the shoe companies - maybe the IRS noticed some missing money and started snooping around - I mean, Adidas isn't gonna have an account labeled "Money to pay off high school recruits with". That money had to be coming from somewhere not obviously traced, so there is likely a money laundering aspect here.

My guess is that the feds started following the money, and the named schools so far are just the ones that came up in the immediate money trail. I doubt the feds specifically targeted any specific university to start. Once they found there was widespread corruption, they'll start looking further. Hence, tip line, etc...

Really interesting re: Louisville. Finally, enough is enough I think and the UL President will clean house and get rid of the whole bball staff. I still don't what the NCAA can or will do. It's amateur hour for them now as they have the tails in between their legs. I think any compliance/infractions departments of the NCAA will try to stay far from all this stuff and just let the heads of the universities fire coaches and such.

I would love to know how this entire probe started? When people complain about other suspected dirty schools not being named, my suspicion is that this started based on a complaint related to the shoe companies - maybe the IRS noticed some missing money and started snooping around - I mean, Adidas isn't gonna have an account labeled "Money to pay off high school recruits with". That money had to be coming from somewhere not obviously traced, so there is likely a money laundering aspect here.

My guess is that the feds started following the money, and the named schools so far are just the ones that came up in the immediate money trail. I doubt the feds specifically targeted any specific university to start. Once they found there was widespread corruption, they'll start looking further. Hence, tip line, etc...

Security Fraud Investigation apparently at an SEC school and a financial advisor blew people in...

Cheater
Cheater
Cheater
Cheater
and
Josh Pastner

here's the thing... there's gonna be A LOT of guilt by association being passed around. People are going to look at the kids who are known to have been paid and look at their final lists... if you're looking for money, not much chance you're going to put a team in your final 5 who isn't willing to pay at least something...

From an NCAA perspective, I would assume any player implicated in this' career is over for violations.

I sure hope so. How the SEC isn't in this up to its hips is beyond me. If there are money bags at UL and UM, there are dumptrucks at UK and Alabama.

Last edited:
From an NCAA perspective, I would assume any player implicated in this' career is over for violations.

Possibly but the attorney in the presser was without question making the case that the kids and their families are the victims. It's all a little strange to me, frankly.

Little's AAU coach is named in the AAU probe.

Yep, one of the reasons Cuse coaches tend to stick to familiar territory.. they know the players, AAU programs they can work with, etc. Given their scrutiny, they need to be clean..

The Louisville situation, a month after the previous scandal - can't think of much more brazen disregard for the NCAA and it's authority. If they don't get absolutely crushed there is literally no justice in the system.

Not sure if any correlation here but last month I flew from Pittsburgh to San Diego and had a layover in Vegas. While waiting to board I was standing next to a younger guy all decked in Louisville gear. I struck up a conversation with him being a Cuse fan he said he was a part of the program but wouldn't elaborate what his role was, so I asked him about Pitino, it was mostly small talk but he did mention that he had just left meeting with Pitino in Vegas and was headed to San Diego to see a player. I am now wondering if I was talking to a guy who was just given his marching orders!

I sure hope so. How the SEC isn't in this up to its hips is beyond me. If there are money bags bags at UL and UM, there are dumptrucks at UK and Alabama.

All will be revealed in time. These guys will die in prison unless they give up some info to get a better deal. Someone is going to flip on more heads. They will flip on others involved. This is only the beginning.

Yep, one of the reasons Cuse coaches tend to stick to familiar territory.. they know the players, AAU programs they can work with, etc. Given their scrutiny, they need to be clean..

The Louisville situation, a month after the previous scandal - can't think of much more brazen disregard for the NCAA and it's authority. If they don't get absolutely crushed there is literally no justice in the system.

Honestly looking back, maybe it was a great time for us to get investigated and put on probation when we did.

Hate to think it, but if we didn't...maybe we would have gotten wrapped up in this too.

here's the thing... there's gonna be A LOT of guilt by association being passed around. People are going to look at the kids who are known to have been paid and look at their final lists... if you're looking for money, not much chance you're going to put a team in your final 5 who isn't willing to pay at least something...

Welp, this makes me very uncomfortable.