FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

Hes talking about it not being over in general and that anyone could be implicated moving forward.
Ik. The fact that it's not over and it's coming from waters makes me a bit nervous that he may know something that we don't and not knowing makes me nervous.

I think there WILL be a housecleaning at the 'Ville tom'w. I loved the item in the Louisville Courier-Journal that AD Jurich was 'out of town and unavailable for comment'. Because, of course, there is no phone contact possible outside of Louisville. Unless he was in Puerto Rico, he was available for comment, but was staying away from any conceivable communications device.
They should take out Petrino too just cause.

I'm sometimes a little slower than the average man of my looks, but I just realized that in the last 4-5 hours there has been virtually no news yet people are getting more panicked by the minute; not just on this forum but other media sites. Why? Probably because we can't get enough of this stuff (remember OJ?) and as a result, we become immersed in this stuff and start hearing things.

Let's remember that this is an FBI investigation. The NCAA hasn't even figured out what's going on let alone decided what they are going to do or when they'll do it.
Plus, they aren't one to want to take somebody else's facts. They like to dig up there own. So their part in this whole mess could take forever.
As Greenberg said, any assistant found involved will take down their boss/coach with them.
As many have said, if UK walks on this one it will truly be amazing. Don't forget fairly substantiated rumors in the past regarding Duke and UNC.

This is tragic, sad and really a case where there will be little joy for anyone regarding college sports.

Nah. But u can save your poor attempt at humor on someone else. Nerlens is a good kid and Jim definitely never thought he lost out to $$, as he did with some others targets thru the yrs

I'll go with CuseLifer on this... For now. Know one of his highschool teamates well enough to have family christmas with, that was also being recruited... Spoke often about his recruting, and Nerlens. Nothing but good things about Nerlens. Anything is possible, but that's a tough secret to keep.

I can't wait to see what drops tomorrow...

Not the Death penalty -Life without parole
I feel very sorry for my Louisville cousins. And why should the entire program get the death penalty? Firing Pitino is punishment enough for the players and fans. Why should Louisville get the death penalty and not Carolina? The term "death penalty" is nonsensical hyperbole.

I despise Pat Forde.

It's ironic you mention that...I was talking about that to someone the other day and they said "I did that!"...dead silence and staring ensued
Ooooh. I have had some real problems with this as a Realtor. I had one mortgage company ask my customer for photos and other documentation to prove the family relationship. Underwriting did not accept the letter which was quite detailed. Our mortgage processor said they had never seen a letter like the one she had written, rejected. They then rejected the photos, including wedding photos of just the family in which this person was there as part of the family. She provided photos of her in the delivery room of a hospital as a baby was born and only family members were in the delivery room (not the recovery room, the delivery room). We changed mortgage brokers, and the letter went right through with underwriting in the new company.

I took a quick look at their client list.
With the caveat that I did this really fast while watching baseball, here are the schools that appear more than once.
For those that want to see the full list: ASMClients

Current Clients Only
Florida (3): Erik Murphy, Marreese Speights, Scottie Wilbekin
Syracuse (3): Chris McCullough, Malachi Richardson, Rakeem Christmas
Clemson (2): KJ McDaniels, Trevor Booker
Florida St. (2): Malik Beasley, Okaro White
Kentucky (2): Jodie Meeks, Marquis Teague
Oklahoma St. (2): James Anderson, Markel Brown
Xavier (2): Jordan Crawford, Semaj Christon

Current & Past Clients (some of these guys have gone to other agencies, some are retired)
Florida (4): Erik Murphy, Marreese Speights, Scottie Wilbekin, Michael Frazier II
Kentucky (4): Jodie Meeks, Marquis Teague, Nerlens Noel, Ron Mercer
Syracuse (4): Chris McCullough, Malachi Richardson, Rakeem Christmas, John Wallace
Clemson (2): KJ McDaniels, Trevor Booker
Colorado (2): Alec Burks, Chauncey Billups
Florida St. (2): Malik Beasley, Okaro White
Indiana (2): Troy Williams, Jared Jeffries
LSU (2): Jarell Martin, Justin Hamilton
Oklahoma St. (2): James Anderson, Markel Brown
Texas (2): Myles Turner, Daniel Gibson
UNC (2): Brice Johnson, Brendan Haywood
Villanova (2): Kyle Lowry, Malik Allen
Xavier (2): Jordan Crawford, Semaj Christon

*edited for wrong info on Okaro White

3 Cuse as current clients? The most of any school.

3 Cuse as current clients? The most of any school.

True, but the FBI would still raid that company if it had just one bad apple. Too many possibilities right now. Just too many.

Last edited:
The company was raided because it is thought to have recently pushed recruits to Louisville.

Ik. The fact that it's not over and it's coming from waters makes me a bit nervous that he may know something that we don't and not knowing makes me nervous.

And when you click on the link in his tweet it opens another tweet between him and an apparent SU fan.

The company was raided because it is thought to have recently pushed recruits to Louisville.
So much for that theory. There is not 1 mention on that list, not 1 current or former client.

Let's remember that this is an FBI investigation. The NCAA hasn't even figured out what's going on let alone decided what they are going to do or when they'll do it.
Plus, they aren't one to want to take somebody else's facts. They like to dig up there own. So their part in this whole mess could take forever.
As Greenberg said, any assistant found involved will take down their boss/coach with them.
As many have said, if UK walks on this one it will truly be amazing. Don't forget fairly substantiated rumors in the past regarding Duke and UNC.

This is tragic, sad and really a case where there will be little joy for anyone regarding college sports.

Not to start an argument, but why is it tragic and sad when for years so many believe that this was happening? Confirmation of our fears? I'm like Fran Fraschilla, I think it's a good thing. The more that comes out, the more this nonsense can get cleaned up. I'm no delusional that CBB or CFB will be 100% clean, ever, but something being done is better than nothing being done. I think this is a great day.

It's all Obama's fault. He did nothing about this for 30 years.
I am confident in nothing, re: our innocence. No reason to believe in our guilt, but I won't be shocked if someone peripherally attached to us did something somewhere sometime. It'll come up in an affidavit that one of our players accepted a pair of adidas when he blew out his own kicks during a summer pickup game... And JB will be down to 500 Wins.
What's to stop people from making false allegations to ease their own burdens? There's going to be a lot a evidence-free aspersions cast, because Why not?
Rogue. There. I did it.

I feel very sorry for my Louisville cousins. And why should the entire program get the death penalty? Firing Pitino is punishment enough for the players and fans. Why should Louisville get the death penalty and not Carolina? The term "death penalty" is nonsensical hyperbole.

I despise Pat Forde.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe the fact that the 'Ville coaches arranged for exotic dancers/prostitutes to 'entertain' 15, count 'em, 15 hoops recruits? They skated with a one-year post-season ban and a, wait for it, $5ooo fine. Oh, and Slick Rick survived then. And now this? I don't support capital punishment, but Papa John's U deserves the death penalty if anyone ever deserved the death penalty.

i have so many questions right now regarding the ramifications of the scandal on the upcoming season...

Has Pitino coached his last game? Will the players not named in the scandal but on the implicated teams be permitted to transfer? Will the players involved be ruled ineligible?

How can this possibly be resolved before the season begins?

It won't be. A lot of people are going to be hurt by this both guilty parties and innocent bystanders.

Some guesses:

Pitino is gone by midnight madness.
NCAA doesn't make any special dispensations for anyone indirectly affected by this, however innocent.
In general NCAA says it has to do its own review and does not impose any school penalties this year. Several schools self-impose sanctions.

Some players are ruled ineligible. Several schools prophylactically keep guys out.

The NCAA makes everything worse.

Pitino and Louisville sue each other.

Some head coach gets charged criminally.

Unless more come outs, no one does more than six months in jail.

TV movie is on one of the 3 major networks by late Spring.

didnt read the whole thread at all so maybe these were all covered but if not...

- wasn't Bland supposed to go to UW but didn't? wonder who killed that and why
- could this be the demise of some while programs? if so, could it actually trigger some back fill conference realignment?
- would CuseLifer11 be floored if Noel took a bag?
- will the NCAA declare this not a wheelhouse thing because they had no clue it was going on?
- will anyone question why the hell the NCAA had no clue it was going on?
- how far back will this investigation go?
- would they all have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom