FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

I am confident we are clear on this stuff.

Pitino is done tomorrow.
Bowen has to be declared ineligible.

UL should sit out the season. For the sake of the program long term.

The ACC teams could play an extra game against each other at mutually beneficial times.
Translates into we will be playing twice at Duke...

If in fact we are clean , which I believe we are, I wonder what went through Boeheims mind upon getting the news.

Damn I knew it! Or Wow can't believe it was to this extent or that explains our recruiting shortfalls or they are looking at only a grain of sand on the beach so far or Duke and Kentucky are going to be getting theirs soon

And all this time we thought our zone and facilities were main recruiting issues

Oh to be a fly on the wall at the Boeheim house

As long it is not: "Julie...let's light the fire pit tonight."

Why we so sure that we don’t have a similar bag man who has zero touch point w the program. Pitino is gone for sure but I’m sure he had no clue about this.

If in fact we are clean , which I believe we are, I wonder what went through Boeheims mind upon getting the news.

Damn I knew it! Or Wow can't believe it was to this extent or that explains our recruiting shortfalls or they are looking at only a grain of sand on the beach so far or Duke and Kentucky are going to be getting theirs soon

And all this time we thought our zone and facilities were main recruiting issues

Oh to be a fly on the wall at the Boeheim house

I was thinking the exact same thing. Does JB feel vindicated? Is he happy that the playing field might be leveled? I wonder about his feelings towards Pitino? I wonder if he feels as though this should all but lock up Jalen Carey? Is he still pissed about our penalties for benign stuff, in comparison. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Boeheim household!

Agreed On Fran.
Having read all the complaints last night I still think this story is strange in respect of this all seems so minor (relatively speaking). I'm surprised the FBI was interested in a 20k payment to Book Richardson. Methinks there has to be more to the story.

"Coach 2" is the "more to the story".

I was thinking the exact same thing. Does JB feel vindicated? Is he happy that the playing field might be leveled? I wonder about his feelings towards Pitino? I wonder if he feels as though this should all but lock up Jalen Carey? Is he still pissed about our penalties for benign stuff, in comparison. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Boeheim household!

He’s prob on the horn w nike today to see what they are doing today etc. we r in the eyes of ncaa a rogue program so we need to be vigilant in our checks and balances.

You know, there's a ton of focus on Louisville and Pitino, but Sean Miller and the Wildcats should be getting some attention as well. He hasn't been reeling in top-5 classes just because of his good looks and rapier wit.

You know, there's a ton of focus on Louisville and Pitino, but Sean Miller and the Wildcats should be getting some attention as well. He hasn't been reeling in top-5 classes just because of his good looks and rapier wit.

Agreed. Sean Miller reminds me of a young Calipari.

Why we so sure that we don’t have a similar bag man who has zero touch point w the program. Pitino is gone for sure but I’m sure he had no clue about this.
You are sure?

I am surprised that one team not mentioned at this point is Western Kentucky. Everything I have ever heard about Stansbury tells me he is not the most upstanding of individuals. And each school that he went to always seemed to get high end recruits when the schools usually do not attract the same type of recruits when he is not there (TX A&M, MS State and West. KY).

"Coach 2" is the "more to the story".
Maybe. But even then...granted they've thrown CBB into a free fall but is that in the FBI realm? Now if this were also linked to Nike...? Whoa

So the NCAA was left in the dark? - not surprising, but I certainly wouldn't doubt that someone at the NCAA took money from a shoe company to keep one of their teams off probation. The NCAA is corrupt with a capital C.

This. And I strongly believe that the big TV deals come with a wink-wink understanding that the NCAA will tread lightly with top-level teams.

Yes, Hop also wanted to hire both of them when he went to Washington last spring. But Bland was staying put at USC as associate HC. Hop then tried to land just Hart, who he is close with, but USC gave him a raise. Hop is probably thanking his lucky stars Bland didn't go with him to UW.
I think some around here (not directed at you Sherman but folks in general) are swimming in Rivah of da Nile if you think we have nothing to worry about.

Hopkins, Bland, Hart going to join up in Washington?
Hopkins was our best recruiter and has obviously seen things. Hopefully seen and not involved.

Throw in Chris McCullough's name and the two other players signed with ASM has me concerned.

I'm concerned...not alarmed yet. My advice is stay positive but resist thinking we are 100 percent uninvolved. This pretty much goes for any top program.

Live look inside Pitino's office (as it's being cleaned out)

IMG_1145.GIF
IMG_1144.GIF

This is a good question - I've often wondered about this. Of course, Bamba's brother had a shout out.

How do the players and families with integrity and morals not expose this when they present it to them and they decline? It is then confirmation that the decks are stacked if you're not part of it

I think some around here (not directed at you Sherman but folks in general) are swimming in Rivah of da Nile if you think we have nothing to worry about.

Hopkins, Bland, Hart going to join up in Washington?
Hopkins was our best recruiter and has obviously seen things. Hopefully seen and not involved.

Throw in Chris McCullough's name and the two other players signed with ASM has me concerned.

I'm concerned...not alarmed yet. My advice is stay positive but resist thinking we are 100 percent uninvolved. This pretty much goes for any top program.

Per dasher regarding ASM in another thread and how he feels confident we are ok.

Yes I am. I think the FBI is looking in to the relationships that they already know about. The search warrant can't be for any clients of the firm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom