Filling the "no sports" void | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Filling the "no sports" void

A lot of jokers turning down campus visits. I've got the memory of a stoner elephant. I'll hold these grudges until about 6:15 tonight

A lot of jokers turning down campus visits. I've got the memory of a stoner elephant. I'll hold these grudges until about 6:15 tonight
Amen. I am out on almost all my top 3 choices per position. Found a couple gem OL

I've been distracted with a report I have due on Friday, how often does recruiting update? I've only been able to get to it in the evenings, but just went in and tried to make some magic happen. I know it just updated at noon for the signing period, but do we wait until tomorrow now?

I've been distracted with a report I have due on Friday, how often does recruiting update? I've only been able to get to it in the evenings, but just went in and tried to make some magic happen. I know it just updated at noon for the signing period, but do we wait until tomorrow now?
I had another $9k to play with yesterday forget what time, haven't seen any update to my budget today.

I'm actually kind of pumped for my class. I didn't grab a tight end and prolly should have, but other than that.. Idk, lol we'll see! How's everyone else doin? What the heck am I gonna do until Saturday?

I'm actually kind of pumped for my class. I didn't grab a tight end and prolly should have, but other than that.. Idk, lol we'll see! How's everyone else doin? What the heck am I gonna do until Saturday?
Signed two on the first day, nothing since then.
Only have two other kids left that are "yellow" interest rest are all red.
I could only take 8 total but man I'm striking out bad...

Signed two on the first day, nothing since then.
Only have two other kids left that are "yellow" interest rest are all red.
I could only take 8 total but man I'm striking out bad...

Are you going up against a lot of schools that have human coaches? For this first round, because I had so many holes to fill, I mostly scouted kids who were not already being hounded by human coaches. This isn't always true, but seems like most of the time it's easier to get a kid to flip from a computer school, than a human school. I've wasted a ton of cash trying to out do humans before lol

Are you going up against a lot of schools that have human coaches? For this first round, because I had so many holes to fill, I mostly scouted kids who were not already being hounded by human coaches. This isn't always true, but seems like most of the time it's easier to get a kid to flip from a computer school, than a human school. I've wasted a ton of cash trying to out do humans before lol
I honestly didn't look when I was looking.
Just tired to find kids with positions I needed.
Looks like 2 of the 4 I lost had human coaches.
With only having 8 openings I only recruited 12 total kids so that might have been a mistake and it was tough figuring out what to do with a budget of only $24k.

Yea, I hear ya.

I figured it would be tough since we had some coaches in our conference who are pretty damn good, make the playoffs on the regular.. Before recruiting started, I searched out some "under the radar guys" that didn't have the highest overall, but had good numbers for skills related to their position. Also went with good work ethic and a couple other things. Helped me find kids that weren't on many other radars and I was able to get pretty cheap. Then I did scouting visits on everyone to see their potential. Went in on the Highs, and the one or two Very Highs, and some averages. Only took low potential guys if they had high ratings and I needed to fill a hole immediately. Idk, we'll see how it works out haha.

I had about 50k for 21 spots. Spent all but 12 of it. Would have had more left over, but went in big on a two guys at the end that were huge pick ups

310pigpen might be joining us for next season, but in the meantime he's jumping on the basketball side in the Phelan world that starts May 7th. Basketball is a little easier than football if I remember right. Less players to deal with, easier game planning. Sometimes two games a day, makes the season go quicker. I'm thinking about doing both, seeing how it goes lol.

I did a exhibition and got rocked. Helped me change my gameplan with to fix what’s wrong

I did a exhibition and got rocked. Helped me change my gameplan with to fix what’s wrong

I totally forgot about exhibition games. Will check it out after this meeting. You get like, 3 right? Have until the end of the signing period?

3 games, have to be scheduled by 5/3. Can be found in the "challenges" section. Niceeee

Two exhibition games in and I’m 1-1. Smoked the first time second game was a 17-10 lost game for me. RB has been a beast but passing game is in trouble lol.

McCarty and Flanagan

Flanagan surprised the heck out of me. I realized last minute that I wanted to grab another LB, he was one of three or four that I just threw out a scouting visit, campus visit and scholly offer all at once. He was one of the cheaper recruits I got.
I honestly don't think I noticed that either were being recruited by one of you, I tried to make a point to stay away from all your recruits, at least for the first season lol.

Flanagan surprised the heck out of me. I realized last minute that I wanted to grab another LB, he was one of three or four that I just threw out a scouting visit, campus visit and scholly offer all at once. He was one of the cheaper recruits I got.
I honestly don't think I noticed that either were being recruited by one of you, I tried to make a point to stay away from all your recruits, at least for the first season lol.
I had em on my board and scouted them but didn’t log on for a day so I didn’t put the full press on

Looks like my class is going to be 2 kids
Nothing left on my board and zero dollars left
I did offer 11 more kids and I picked lower ones that are close to me
Hopefully I can get 1-2 of them

• Haha
Reactions: gbo
I didn’t realize y’all were doing this. I joined some general league and took over Alfred Univ. ugh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom