free throws kill us again | Syracusefan.com

free throws kill us again

11-20. Should have won in regulation but missed 4-5 FT down the stretch. G missed 2. Then missed 2 more early in OT that would have opened the lead to 4 instead of 2.

What happened to Cooney at the stripe? I thought he was a good ft shooter in previous years.

What happened to Cooney at the stripe? I thought he was a good ft shooter in previous years.
He's off balance on his release. Time to bring in a guru for a week or two.

plus we have no big man with elevation on offense when shooting under the basket. We get so many shots blocked now. TOO TIMID AT TIMES

Ah, the free throws...It's been this way since I was a wee lad.
Yes, this was an "old school" Syracuse game.
Meaning 20th century.
Free throw debacles used to be fairly frequent.
But you can't go 1-5 down the stretch in regulation against a team like Wisconsin and expect to win.

Rebounding is what killed us. They nearly doubled our rebounding total. Thats hard to recover from. We NEED DC to be productive and healthy or we are going to see alot of games like this all year.

I said this about Gbinije two years ago...low ceiling on a team with a backcourt that can't be counted on to hit two free throws. Frustrating in a close game.

I said this about Gbinije two years ago...low ceiling on a team with a backcourt that can't be counted on to hit two free throws. Frustrating in a close game.
G seemed to get alot better towards the end of last year and so far this year. but tonight Oh Lord

Cooney was 6-8, but a shooter like that should go 8-8 or 7-8. G, Richardson, Roberson all missed big FT's in regulation and down the stretch of it. Yeah, we got crushed on the boards (probably problematic all year for us), but shoot a respectable percentage from the charity stripe and we win by at least 4 in regulation. UGH!!! :bang:

no way MR should be below 80% either - did he even make one tonight?

Just checked the box score.
G was 1-4
Mal was 1-3

Lydon didn't shoot any.

Free throws definitely cost us the win in regulation. Shocking. Missing 2 early in OT did us no favors either. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom