Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 142 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Hemstrought’s or some second rate knock off half moons?
No idea. I never worked there. I just got one of these every day before class.
My guess would be that SU Catering made them? They were pretty good.

Loved the Blinker, was sad when they closed it in 2012 or 2013.
They were very good, wherever they came from.

The DO posted a photo gallery of pictures of the renovated Schine Student Center yesterday. It looks nice. Kind of uninspired and generic but nice.

My favorite part is the gritty stairway from the Underground Lounge. It looks really out of place but at least they took a chance somewhere in the building. It is a building for the students. Nothing wrong with being a little whimsical or different.

View attachment 196249
Nothing says Boomers and Gen-Xers designing something trendy like generic, symmetrical PC graffiti.
That's actually one of the things they didn't change. That's been like that since I was a student.

A little more here.

I believe Blaze Pizza was supposed to open in the same building as Hungry Chuck’s a while ago. For a long time, it was listed on their web site as a location opening soon. But it never did. When I just checked, it had been dropped. Did that deal get dropped?

If so, the Dellas family has to be thrilled.

A little more here.

I believe Blaze Pizza was supposed to open in the same building as Hungry Chuck’s a while ago. For a long time, it was listed on their web site as a location opening soon. But it never did. When I just checked, it had been dropped. Did that deal get dropped?

If so, the Dellas family has to be thrilled.
Good deal...glad Blaze Pizza isn't coming. This is NY we do original Mom and Pop pizza joints.

When I was a student in the 60's when the drinking age was 18, "The Orange" was the bar to go to on Crouse Avenue. I've always wondered what replaced it.

isn't there a Starbucks on the corner of Marshall and University? Tough competition

There is, but my experience is that a lot of people fall over themselves to go someplace other than Starbucks, whether for image or taste reasons.

After Kubal closed, I've had people who work on the Hill tell me they'd rather meet me downtown or Westcott because they won't go to Starbucks.

Me, I'm not so picky.

There is, but my experience is that a lot of people fall over themselves to go someplace other than Starbucks, whether for image or taste reasons.

After Kubal closed, I've had people who work on the Hill tell me they'd rather meet me downtown or Westcott because they won't go to Starbucks.

Me, I'm not so picky.
This is one of the reasons I'm thinking of becoming a Starbucks person ...that, and the fact that there is a new one opening near me. It's cool to hate it, but soon it will be cool to buck trends and be a Starbucker again

one of the advantages of hating coffee.. Hot choc is good almost everywhere and I can still get donuts and muffins that are solid.

Why buy coffee that tastes good when you can spend $5 at Starbucks, amirite?
I'm not a coffee drinker...I heard of Starbucks referred as "4-bucks" should I rename it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom