Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 144 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Were you in the Dome that day?
Unfortunately no. But all of the games that everyone complained the dome was uncomfortably warm have been early or mid fall games when it was fairly warm and/or humid out. You’re the first person I believe to have used that Nov 21 game as a data point. Just saying.

for what it’s worth, if there ever was a game that could boil fans’ collars to such an extreme that would be the game I’d pick, too.

Unfortunately no. But all of the games that everyone complained the dome was uncomfortably warm have been early or mid fall games when it was fairly warm and/or humid out. You’re the first person I believe to have used that Nov 21 game as a data point. Just saying.

for what it’s worth, if there ever was a game that could boil fans’ collars to such an extreme that would be the game I’d pick, too.
I was there. A couple of things. It was a sell out. And they might even have gone over the number. The crowd was as amped up as any I can remember, leading to lots of energy/calories burned. The whole game may not have been tremendously hot, but I believe the heat in the building increased dramatically during the last drive. The emotion of the game probably contributed to the amount of body heat in the building. At the end, I was soaked through, even more so than I was on opening night.

One thing through those hot games - I definitely sweltered but it also seemed to take a toll on the opponents too. The real killer was when SU wouldn’t let you go outside anymore and return inside to the games for security reasons - then air conditioning became a necessity. There will probably now be issues over how cold the dome will become too or what temp it should be turned on. Just like when you have any 10 people together and some will be comfortable, others cold, others hot like some employees who fiddle constantly with the temperature in an office. :rolleyes:

Hottest game I was ever at...

It was steaming.

A woman sitting next to us had some kind of diabetic attack during the second half, in part brought on by sweating / dehydration.

It was steaming.

A woman sitting next to us had some kind of diabetic attack during the second half, in part brought on by sweating / dehydration.
There was a haze over the field

The first game ever? Absolute misery. I was 10, and in the very top row. unbearable, and a cloud of smoke sitting atop the Dome, as you could smoke in there at the time.
Yeah I was there. They worked on finishing it up to just before game time. The paint was still tacky on the railings. I remember a rumor circulating around town before the game that the engineers hadn’t calculated the weight of the fans when they designed the place and a full house might cause the roof to come down. Of course SU had a history of such blunders. Evidently the same engineers designed Bird Library and forgot to calculate the weight of the books which explained why the book shelves were half empty. At least that’s what I was told by my tour guide at orientation in 1975.

sunset on campus.jpg

It was steaming.

The Dome just smelled like BO that day. And this time I'm pretty sure it wasn't just me.

I post game tailgated for a bit and then went back to the hotel and crashed at about 5:30. Got up later and went out (I miss being young). But my body just shut down that afternoon. I blame the heat, the depression over the outcome, and the pre-game tailgate that started at 8 am after being out until after 2 am.

If I tried that now, I'd die.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom