Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 181 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

What’s the interior of Miron Court gonna look like? I’ve only seen some outside images. Is it multi level? Will there be natural light and some glass? It doesn’t look like it from the facades but maybe the roof?
I am not sure what the interior is going to look like but it definitely has two levels.

I believe the lower level of MVC should be even with the 300 level concourse.

The upper level of MVC is where I assume the training will take place. Rooms for meetings, stuff like that.

Hoping that the lower level is open towards the 300 level concourse and that concourse gets widened significantly.

Hoping some space on the lower level will be used to add more room for food choices, and maybe an area to sit and eat.

It would be really nice to be able to buy a substantative meal before a weekday night basketball game and walk to a table, and sit down and eat it like a civilized person. Trying to manage this sitting on an aluminum bench was always tough.

I think there will be a big open area on the lower level for parents to take their children to run around and calm down, and for the claustrophoic to de-stress.

I thought I read that they are also going to have a deck on top of the upper level (on the roof of MVC) that is open to the public. I am sure there is a segment of the fanbase that would love a chance to get some fresh air before a game or at halftime, when the weather permits.

Looking at the proposal SU submitted to the city, I think I saw some new bathrooms planned in MVC as well.

If they are putting in glass now, I would hope there is a chance we might be able to get into it and use it before the football season ends. That would be nice.

MVC.jpg

I am not sure what the interior is going to look like but it definitely has two levels.

I believe the lower level of MVC should be even with the 300 level concourse.

The upper level of MVC is where I assume the training will take place. Rooms for meetings, stuff like that.

Hoping that the lower level is open towards the 300 level concourse and that concourse gets widened significantly.

Hoping some space on the lower level will be used to add more room for food choices, and maybe an area to sit and eat.

It would be really nice to be able to buy a substantative meal before a weekday night basketball game and walk to a table, and sit down and eat it like a civilized person. Trying to manage this sitting on an aluminum bench was always tough.

I think there will be a big open area on the lower level for parents to take their children to run around and calm down, and for the claustrophoic to de-stress.

I thought I read that they are also going to have a deck on top of the upper level (on the roof of MVC) that is open to the public. I am sure there is a segment of the fanbase that would love a chance to get some fresh air before a game or at halftime, when the weather permits.

Looking at the proposal SU submitted to the city, I think I saw some new bathrooms planned in MVC as well.

If they are putting in glass now, I would hope there is a chance we might be able to get into it and use it before the football season ends. That would be nice.

View attachment 245760
I'm sorry isn't this for students?

i just looked inside MVC from the barnes center on a college visit for my youngest. There is a lot of work to be done yet. Looked like there were 4 or 5 new entrances into the dome along that side. It'll be nice, but I don't see how it's ready within the month

No games for a month at home.. Doesn't seem like they have gone the extra mile to work and get it done before the last few homes games does it.

I have never read anything like that.

It has always been described as an event/gathering place. They may do some stuff there specifically for students but it definitely was not envisioned as a space for students. I have never read any plans to do anything specifically for the students there.

They don't deserve it. :rolleyes:

And the $7 Million donation from Robert Miron, Class of 1959 is just another example of the lack of support from alumni.

Some color on the intent of the Victory Court and the priorities of the Univeersity and AD from the announcement of the donation in 2019:

The Mirons’ gift will also enable the University to advance one of the Campus Framework’s signature projects—the creation of a new stadium experience. In particular, the Mirons’ support will allow the University to construct Victory Court—an enclosed pedestrian thruway—that will physically connect the stadium and the Barnes Center at The Arch. Victory Court, which will be named in honor of the Mirons, will expand and redefine the stadium’s footprint, ultimately creating a seamless navigational experience between the two highly visited spaces.

“The Stadium Project is progressing well and every day we get closer and closer to a transformed stadium experience,” says Director of Athletics John Wildhack
(also an alum). “After years of soliciting feedback from students, faculty, staff, fans and alumni, I am thrilled to see this exciting vision starting to take shape. The Mirons are longtime supporters of Syracuse Athletics and have been instrumental in elevating our status as a powerhouse program whose success on the playing fields is second only to the success our student-athletes have in the classrooms, labs and in their communities.”

Last edited:
I have never read anything like that.

It has always been described as an event/gathering place. They may do some stuff there specifically for students but it definitely was not envisioned as a space for students. I have never read any plans to do anything specifically for the students there.

i believe it's going to be a very cool place to gather at before game/halftime/after game versus a very tight concourse.

i just looked inside MVC from the barnes center on a college visit for my youngest. There is a lot of work to be done yet. Looked like there were 4 or 5 new entrances into the dome along that side. It'll be nice, but I don't see how it's ready within the month
If they are just installing glass, I don't see how it's possible. Typically, the enclosure comes before most of the interior work, drywall in particular. Outside moisture in the drywall that can then collect on the interior of the walls is one of the main culprits for mold growth. The building SHOULD be enclosed, then the systems turned on and the air balanced (brought to a consistent RH) before doing any finish work.

Pretty sure the top open air deck isn't happening.
That would be unfortunate. It can't be very expensive to make this happen.

Why would they put this announced feature on the chopplng block?

If they are just installing glass, I don't see how it's possible. Typically, the enclosure comes before most of the interior work, drywall in particular. Outside moisture in the drywall that can then collect on the interior of the walls is one of the main culprits for mold growth. The building SHOULD be enclosed, then the systems turned on and the air balanced (brought to a consistent RH) before doing any finish work.
My friend is working on the project, they are a few months behind.

It will open to the lower level between the two new restroom areas. Currently, there is a lounge area located there. You can see where the door cutouts are located.

Yoru right, it definitely won't be. It's coming along but has been plagued by issued and delays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom