Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Dan's quick and easy way to obtain FREE untapped revenue for the Carrier Dome:

Sponsor the Gates. Gate B becomes the Empower Federal Credit Union Entrance. Gate C becomes the Pepsi Gate

So on and so forth.

That one's free, Pete. The next one will cost ya

Su needs to google “top 50 cny employers” and reach out/make bulk ticket deals

Lock the Gates
Enemy at the Gates
Antonio Gates
Golden Gates
1539048571346.jpeg

Syracuse could use some KC BBQ

The thing I am dying to know is whether the new roof can be installed using the existing columns to support it, or if additional columns will be required to carry all the extra weight?

I believe earlier articles have said the existing columns were designed to support the existing roof, which is relatively light (2 layers of teflon covered kevlar I think, along with some steel cables), and that they could not support a fixed roof option. Even a relatively light one like the one it appears we are going to install. The new roof has to be substantially heavier than the existing one with all that steel.

Also, will they build the roller coaster like supporting structure with the existing roof in place, then during the summer, rip the old roof out and install the new one? Ripping out the old one, installing the new one and all the supporting steel, then installing the sound system, the scoreboard, the new lighting system all during one summer seems incredibly ambitious and probably impossible.

Looking closely at the picture supplied, I do not see any indication of additional support columns. Is this just a shoddy job photoshopping or can the existing columns really handle the new roof?

New Dome Zoomed In.jpg

Looking closely at the picture supplied, I do not see any indication of additional support columns. Is this just a shoddy job photoshopping or can the existing columns really handle the new roof?

View attachment 141485
The fact that we still don't have an affirmative answer shows how badly they are mismanaging the PR on this. I hope they do need additional support columns, because if they don't... we won't see expanded walls until our grandchildren are born.

The thing I am dying to know is whether the new roof can be installed using the existing columns to support it, or if additional columns will be required to carry all the extra weight?

I believe earlier articles have said the existing columns were designed to support the existing roof, which is relatively light (2 layers of teflon covered kevlar I think, along with some steel cables), and that they could not support a fixed roof option. Even a relatively light one like the one it appears we are going to install. The new roof has to be substantially heavier than the existing one with all that steel.

Also, will they build the roller coaster like supporting structure with the existing roof in place, then during the summer, rip the old roof out and install the new one? Ripping out the old one, installing the new one and all the supporting steel, then installing the sound system, the scoreboard, the new lighting system all during one summer seems incredibly ambitious and probably impossible.

View attachment 141485

From the initial timeline article and OrangeXtreme

Start May 2019
Install Ring Truss May 2019-April 2020 (220 days)
Deflate existing Dome Roof May 2020 (5 days)
Install Cables May 2020-June 2020 (30 days)
Install Panels June 2020-Sept 2020 (90 days)
Install Scorebard and Lighting (Aug 2020-Sept 2020 (20 days)
Work Completed Sept 2020

From the initial timeline article and OrangeXtreme

Start May 2019
Install Ring Truss May 2019-April 2020 (220 days)
Deflate existing Dome Roof May 2020 (5 days)
Install Cables May 2020-June 2020 (30 days)
Install Panels June 2020-Sept 2020 (90 days)
Install Scorebard and Lighting (Aug 2020-Sept 2020 (20 days)
Work Completed Sept 2020
Thanks for this.

So this list doesn't discuss adding any additional support columns. If there aren't any, the existing columns would have to support the existing roof and the new ring truss (which I believe is made of steel). Could be some significant snow too at times.

The summer of 2020 is going to be whirlwind of activity. Wow, there is a lot to do in a short period of time!

Thanks for this.

So this list doesn't discuss adding any additional support columns. If there aren't any, the existing columns would have to support the existing roof and the new ring truss (which I believe is made of steel). Could be some significant snow too at times.

The summer of 2020 is going to be whirlwind of activity. Wow, there is a lot to do in a short period of time!
I'm not sure there isn't going to be additional support. I don't know how they would set that truss with the current roof line as the current roof comes all the way to the edge of the existing walls.

I'm not sure there isn't going to be additional support. I don't know how they would set that truss with the current roof line as the current roof comes all the way to the edge of the existing walls.
Agreed. I can't imagine this will be possible. Engineers, this is your opportunity to impress us all with your knowledge and insights.

I thought there was a report at one time that said something about an outerwall being built to support the roof and then blow out holes in the inner wall to allow for flow and other infrastructure

I think the roof is supported around 6-8 feet from the outer edge. There is a large trough around the entire building that catches water.

View attachment 141485
this 14 pixel picture is optimized for my atari 400 and my dad's flip phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom