Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Given the circumstances, I'm not disappointed with a fiscally responsible solution. $26 mil ACC revenue per school in 2016. They are essentially just rolling the ACC windfall into facilities over the next 5 years.

While the truss architectural drawings were far more pleasing, if it meant losing seasons, or was a far greater expense? So be it. Hopefully, a more pleasing architectural facade is in the final plans. I never thought the dome was pretty to look at, anyway. Fingers crossed, that they can improve it.

I really hope they drop some coin on the LED lighting..

Last edited:
The issue is that the decision on the aesthetics of “the crown” hasn’t been made yet - so the rendering leaves a lot to be desired. It’s ugly.

I think that it won’t take much to have it look really impressive and iconic. The enormity of it will help. Bridges have this effect. A rendering doesn’t give you the same feel as when you actually see the giant beams, cables, etc.

The issue is that the decision on the aesthetics of “the crown” hasn’t been made yet - so the rendering leaves a lot to be desired. It’s ugly.

I think that it won’t take much to have it look really impressive and iconic. The enormity of it will help. Bridges have this effect. A rendering doesn’t give you the same feel as when you actually see the giant beams, cables, etc.
Yeah. I'm not too concerned. We get a hard top, natural lighting, AC, and LED lighting(hopefully, an impressive system).. Concourses and seating still on the table, after 2022.

Yeah. I'm not too concerned. We get a hard top, natural lighting, AC, and LED lighting(hopefully, an impressive system).. Concourses and seating still on the table, after 2022.

It's GOT to be Ephesus. They are 2 miles from the stadium and have been dying to get in there

removing the pee troughs is a major mistake. they are the most efficient system in the dome. and they are economical and low tech. urinals in stadiums constantly break and are expensive in the long run. we need to start a petition on the board to keep the pee troughs and add additional womens bathrooms.

Agree.

I guess I never have read or understood the case against pee troughs. What's the benefit of having your own urinal and having to wait in line three times longer?

In Germany (Berlin specifically) they have bathrooms for Peeing only and other full service ones to keep lines down.

The math on the women's side ought to be pretty easy. Just estimate the composition of the crowd (% women) then estimate the usage and service rate and you can come up with a better ratio than 1 to 1 versus the Men.

Anyone that has ever been to any kind of event knows the lines at the Womans rooms are too long. But our collective stupidity as a Nation doesn't ever seem to take that into account.

i can see the comments now from some of the other fanbases.
i have to admit its hideous unless we put a facade around the top
That's ok. They'll thank us during snowy november games.

i can see the comments now from some of the other fanbases.
i have to admit its hideous unless we put a facade around the top
Syracuse commits to spend $118 million dollars in phase one of a project that will have several phases and cost hundreds of millions of dollars and all you can do is complain?

I feel sad for you.

Here is some Ephesus lighting... Hope we get a little more than this.

No offense to Ephesus, especially if they are local folks, but this hockey ice lighting video looks straight out of 1999.
The Dome Reno deserves better like LED’s carpeted across the exterior structures and inside to create dynamic and highly customizable light shows

What's with the roller-coaster look on top of the roof?

What's with the roller-coaster look on top of the roof?
Gotta hang cables from something. I prefer that to the punk rock spike hair look of some other stadiums using the same material.

removing the pee troughs is a major mistake. they are the most efficient system in the dome. and they are economical and low tech. urinals in stadiums constantly break and are expensive in the long run. we need to start a petition on the board to keep the pee troughs and add additional womens bathrooms.

NO way. I dont know how tightly you pack into a trough line, but well placed urinals can be as or more effective at crowd control.

Even Fenway Park who had the same pee troughs from 1908 got rid of them about 10 years ago. People want privacy, and it would be incredibly backwards to keep them.

The key though is to add bathrooms, and be smart with layout. Multiple banks of urinals, narrow wall sinks, not the foot deal they have in the middle that takes up lots of room.

Pretty much everything I was told about the renovation was the stuff they decided.
I was told they wanted new video boards in the corners but the middle makes more sense.
It appears this AD is smartly only spending what the school has fundraised and not taking loans and spending more than we have. We have the TV money to spend more but have decided to be more fiscally responsible.

Except he said that funding would come from borrowing.

just looking at future schedule in 2020 id expect us to open the season away the first 2 weeks( wk 2 we are at rutgers, so either at mac school or a conference game away bc and clemson are open with 4 ooc games already scheduled) like we do in 19 with our yearly body bag fcs game in week 3

We may even schedule an early bye week so we dont need the dome until week 4. That effectively gives them an extra month

Except he said that funding would come from borrowing.
For cash flow purposes they are going to borrow the money but the AD has the money to pay for these upgrades.

Without looking at the books I am sure the school puts a lot of money into CDs and mutual funds and other investments. So while they have the money to pay without borrowing all transactions involving this amount of money involve banks and borrowing.
This project though is pretty much fundraised money.

We may even schedule an early bye week so we dont need the dome until week 4. That effectively gives them an extra month
We could play at BC on 9/5 and at Pitt on 9/19, with Rutgers in between, to give construction the whole month of September for last minute work and the fans 3 easy drive road trips/possible doubleheaders with baseball and/or pro football.

That would be pretty cool.

Those are sinks? I thought they were large drinking fountains.
love the look on people's faces when they realize that they have to put their foot on the peddle for the water to come out. Also it always makes me feel better when an opposition fan from a team that is destroying us at half time in football can't work the water in the sink and has soap all over his hands and I can smugly walk in and step on the peddle. Clean my hands and they realize how it is done. That is sometimes the only victory i get on a Saturday :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom