Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

I will be tremendously disappointed if the new lighting is just a bunch of white LEDs they can turn on and off. There is a huge opportunity here, that can really make for an amazing experience. (At a significantly lower cost than some other solutions)

Maybe they can get a sponsor to help with a full lighting experience.. Anything to make it happen. The Heids Hoffman Hot dog Half time show? Whatever it takes. Lets not miss this opportunity.

Last edited:
I will be tremendously disappointed if the new lighting is just a bunch of white LEDs they can turn on and off. There is a huge opportunity here, that can really make for an amazing experience. (At a significantly lower cost than some other solutions)

Maybe they can get a sponsor to help with a full lighting experience.. Anything to make it happen. The Heids Hoffman Hot dog Half time show? Whatever it takes. Lets not miss this opportunity.
I can’t imagine they won’t be. They have them now at Pelcher/Arcaro Stadium in Bville. They strobe them when the lacrosse team scores, the marching band uses them as an effect during shows, etc. If Bville has them, I have to imagine...

I can’t imagine they won’t be. They have them now at Pelcher/Arcaro Stadium in Bville. They strobe them when the lacrosse team scores, the marching band uses them as an effect during shows, etc. If Bville has them, I have to imagine...
GoCuse14 please correct me if I am wrong but I think the top line modern LED systems are capable of this kind of thing. They can't do 3D projection.

Baldwinsville doesn't have a 3D projection system. One of the requirements to have control over ambient light. Not sure that will be possible with the roof proposed.

I have to believe that Wildhack, more than most AD's, understands what makes for a good show and will push for us to get the best we can get. I'm excited that we have the opportunity to do for football games what nobody else can do. Of course, nobody will care if we're not winning, but I don't think that will be an issue much longer. As we get rolling and link a few more 'W's to an exciting offense, it'll be cool if we can do for intro's and pregame/halftime special effects what Oregon did for uniforms in the 2000's.

If a state of the art stadium is out of the equation can't we atleast have a state of the art lighting/projection system? This would wow recruits and fans more than a lot of things. Just imagine playing Clemson or FSU on a Saturday night with a packed house and an electrifying entrance.

If a state of the art stadium is out of the equation can't we atleast have a state of the art lighting/projection system? This would wow recruits and fans more than a lot of things. Just imagine playing Clemson or FSU on a Saturday night with a packed house and an electrifying entrance.
John Wildhack has promised a state of the art lighting system. The projection system is a little more involved. The content for a given takes time to create. I saw a price of $100-$125K per in one article. Ambient light would probably preclude using a projection system for day games but it should be fine for night games.

I'm very happy with the natural lighting, and AC. They knock the lighting out or the park? We go from much needed inprovements, to a must see destination for college sports.

GoCuse14 please correct me if I am wrong but I think the top line modern LED systems are capable of this kind of thing. They can't do 3D projection.

Baldwinsville doesn't have a 3D projection system. One of the requirements to have control over ambient light. Not sure that will be possible with the roof proposed.

A 3D projection system is just that - a projection system. They use cameras - not lights. Often lighting is incorporated in it but the projections you see on ice or basketball courts is video cameras.

What a colossal expense. This is a major investment by a private university for basically a new roof on a facility with the same footprint and seating capacity. The CFB arms race knows no bounds. As a fan I'm in favor of it, but Holy Macaroni.

The evolution of sports arenas is like outfitting a new automobile. In the 60s base car models came with 3 on the tree, rubber floor mats, hub caps and no radio. Now (with few exceptions) you can't find a new car w/o AT, PW, PDL, CC, CD etc, etc. I still can't believe the Kingdome, Pontiac Silverdome, 3 Rivers Stadium, Original Giants Stadium in the Meadowlands, Shea and other once modern stadiums have come and gone.

I'm satisfied with less, but I grew up in an analog era. In the 80s, when I lived in CA, I used to call my dad and listen to the games long distance over the phone while he placed the receiver near a radio tuned to WSYR 570 on your dial. I sat on wet concrete in Archbold Stadium to see Art Monk score 2 rushing TDs against BC in 77. Not saying I want to go back to those days, just noting how far we've come technologically and how demanding we continue to be. I don't need any ad-filled ribbon, crystalline public address system, rapid Wi-Fi, improved concessions, replay boards or seat backs to sway me to go to a game. I do appreciate them though - except for the ads.

In any event, man oh man, would a bowl game this year be a glorious, well-earned bonanza.

Just like the cars from the 60s, cost is a factor. Those cars with 3 on the tree cost $2500, how amazed would my father have been to be told the average cost of a car with those wonderful features would push $30000 in my lifetime! So goes the cost of sports arenas, replete with wonderful features like traveling LED (OLED?) scoreboards.

removing the pee troughs is a major mistake. they are the most efficient system in the dome. and they are economical and low tech. urinals in stadiums constantly break and are expensive in the long run. we need to start a petition on the board to keep the pee troughs and add additional womens bathrooms.
Or put troughs in the women’s rooms, and you won’t need more. Just think efficient!

They are currently offering to donate a lot, to keep us from doing more projects in their backyard. Musco is all over the campus. There is pressure being put on the decision maker to choose Ephesus (GE) over Musco right now, but Musco is the superior product. Which unfortunately also means more cost. We’ll see how it shakes out and I’ll keep my ears open.
The Ephesus Dome has a nice ring to it.

The projection system requires a light canvas to properly project. Could work for basketball but would be a total waste to install for football as you'd need a white sheet to cover the entire field to even try that. With the giant new scoreboard it's probably not necessary to get the projector system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom