Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 135 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

That's not entirely true about it being inaccessible via public transport. It's accessible by bus, but you'd have to transfer downtown, which is not ideal nor convenient, so I get the point.

There also is uber/lyft now. It's probably 5 bucks from campus at most and theres still plenty of places to eat downtown that accessible by bus.

There also is uber/lyft now. It's probably 5 bucks from campus at most and theres still plenty of places to eat downtown that accessible by bus.

I forgot that Uber/Lyft are now available in Syracuse. Don't know how since that's been one of my major expenses whenever I've been up there.

I just used grub hub recently because I had a gift card, and I can tell you I won't be using it again now that I used all the gift card. One order was wrong, not everything was delivered, second delivery was supposed to be delivered at 915 and at 1030, an hour and 15 minutes later I received a message that my order was cancelled, no reason given, and my third order was correct. so 1/3 success. Also, you are paying a service fee (which is much more expensive then your average pizza delivery charge). I was charged 9 dollars on both deliveries in service charge, and that was not including tip, so delivery with tip cost roughly 15 dollars a deliver.

I just used grub hub recently because I had a gift card, and I can tell you I won't be using it again now that I used all the gift card. One order was wrong, not everything was delivered, second delivery was supposed to be delivered at 915 and at 1030, an hour and 15 minutes later I received a message that my order was cancelled, no reason given, and my third order was correct. so 1/3 success. Also, you are paying a service fee (which is much more expensive then your average pizza delivery charge). I was charged 9 dollars on both deliveries in service charge, and that was not including tip, so delivery with tip cost roughly 15 dollars a deliver.
We dont have any delivery where we live so anything is a drive and pick up., 30% tip is the new normal.

Was in roch. wed and got some food to go and the person ahead of me took the food and left a 20 except the bill was 22.. guy behind the counter stood there and kinda said what do i do? Felt bad so I ended up double tipping. $30 garbage plate plus gas for 200 miles was kind steep but worth it.. I love PBJ but sometimes you gotta splurge.

Has there been a video/photo tour of the new Veterans building that I may have missed? I know that the grand opening was supposed to be last month.
The Grand Opening did not occur because of the campus shutdown. Just a flag raising.

The Grand Opening did not occur because of the campus shutdown. Just a flag raising.

I know, just mean that since it was supposed to have opened by now, you'd think the university would still do a "virtual grand opening" so that everyone can see what the facility looks like.

Most P5 schools renovating their football facilities are full steam ahead but not in NY State. Between NY, NJ (my home state) and IL (my current state), I don't know which one is worse at wasteful spending and it is starting to rear its ugly head. Maybe SU can get money from the Phase 5 plan to assist with the upgrades.

If I was a student I would literally never go to a Outback/BWW/Hooters over a Chuck's/Faegan's.

"What's the plan for tonight?"
"Oh we're gonna pregame at my place and then head to the Outback on Marshall"

Seems like a great way to meet girls haha

That extends beyond college. We never go to chains. And we go out to eat probably more than we should. (well, not right now, but you know, when life was normal).

I would wonder what part they can scale back. you can elect not do do certain things, but the roof isnt changing.. the video board was ordered a long time ago. you can decide to not blow out walls and change some niceties.. But this project was fully funded yrs ago. I doubt you can move much of that money around

Skip outside lights sure.. Not install crazy cool inside lighting could be postponed and be done anytime in the future.

on the other hand there will never be a cheaper time to do the project, the loan market is never gonna be better to take on debt.

Most P5 schools renovating their football facilities are full steam ahead but not in NY State. Between NY, NJ (my home state) and IL (my current state), I don't know which one is worse at wasteful spending and it is starting to rear its ugly head. Maybe SU can get money from the Phase 5 plan to assist with the upgrades.
Unless I'm missing your point, SU is the only P5 school in NYS, and the Dome renovation IS full steam ahead.

I know, just mean that since it was supposed to have opened by now, you'd think the university would still do a "virtual grand opening" so that everyone can see what the facility looks like.
Fall 2020

Unless I'm missing your point, SU is the only P5 school in NYS, and the Dome renovation IS full steam ahead.
Yes it is but with some cuts which is not good in my eyes.

We dont really know about cuts. We dont even really know whats in each phase yet.. I know our big projects are either as it or paused and the paused ones are really paused because they havent reached a certain stage. the school has already incurred the debt or the financing for this project. Anything they cut would have been on the table all along as not being part of phase 1 but we hear things like AC prep work being done still.

Even things like fancy lights are only a 1-200K type thing if they were in the plan now anyway

If SU was a state school I could see some cuts, but being private I doubt it. The State maybe cutting 20% of everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marz44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom