Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 176 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

I assume they may need to spend the money to go triple shifts unless it’s a material delivery problem. Very expensive, but they can’t have 44,000 people in there with less egress. Not safe.
The gate was still open for the spring game weirdly. At least the downstairs one near there was. Once they advance anymore I assume it’s donezo

I think that is pretty easy assuming they don't need to do extensive ADA or NEC stuff. A hotel and student dorm should be very similar for electrical and plumbing.

I hope this is a short term thing.

Allow the students to destroy it over the next 4-5 years until more dorms are built. Close it and gut it to turn back into a modern hotel by 2030.
They already were using a floor for student housing. Same layout. They don’t change much. Just the furniture.

It is in fact 30 Rock and they have recreated it as a tourist attraction as part of the “Top of the Rock” experience.

The new beam looks closer to Central Park and to the buildings below, (but obviously those buildings are taller).

Does anyone know if the new blue railings will be installed on the 200 level? Have not seen them in any photos to date.

The rumor is the blue railings are getting pulled out before even one event is held in the dome. Getting replaced with plexiglass.

Someone screwed up big time.
The blue railings looked like the orange railings painted blue.

The rumor is the blue railings are getting pulled out before even one event is held in the dome. Getting replaced with plexiglass.

Someone screwed up big time.
I know they are at least being modified. The prison bars should be gone.

Either they'll modify them or replace them.

Folks in Rows A and B and around the concourse entrances should have something better (visibility wise) by Ohio.

Look to the right (east) end zone here to see what is being discussed...

New Dome.jpg

looking at the pictures is the new roof even attached to the Dome or will be open air at the walls?

looking at the pictures is the new roof even attached to the Dome or will be open air at the walls?

I'm gonna say no

This is just the steel. Theres no real reason to "attach" MVC with JMA as neither will require additional support. They can stand independently from a structural standpoint by the looks of MVC (and we know JMA ain't going anywhere lol).

So I'd bet there will be finish work, flanges of some sort, etc.. to cover it and make it appear "attached".

Stormwater would make an opening there a nightmare to manage.

I'm gonna say no

This is just the steel. Theres no real reason to "attach" MVC with JMA as neither will require additional support. They can stand independently from a structural standpoint by the looks of MVC (and we know JMA ain't going anywhere lol).

So I'd bet there will be finish work, flanges of some sort, etc.. to cover it and make it appear "attached".

Stormwater would make an opening there a nightmare to manage.
I was thinking more it wont be a warm and cozy hangout spot so what exactly is the purpose other than just a bit more fancy entrance point?

the posts say "The structure is planned to serve as an event and gathering space," You would think with most of the Dome events being in fall/winter and this not keeping cold/damp out its just a fancy tent.

Wow, that is one giant beam. I wonder why it is so big? Guessing it will bear a good part of the weight of the roof. They probably have to overengineer for snow and ice too.

I think I saw that the plan is to have the roof accessible to the public. It least it looked like it was going to be. Anyone know if this is the case? I bet a lot of people would like to have a big open space just outside the dome to go and decompress at halftime or before a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom