Geno Gone | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Geno Gone

Bleep.
This is probably the last grad transfer we get.

I'm not sure that it is. Andrew had a great season even if it didn't translate to team success and Gillon probably played to his potential even if it was lower than what most thought it was.

Geno probably thought he would have a bigger role but circumstances change. Not many predicted Frank would play as well as he has. I hate that this happened. HW better be more ready than I think he is at this point.

Maybe this will turn out to be a good thing. Don't we only ever have drama like this when the team is really good? :p

This is the chance for HW to show off what he can do and that he can be counted on. Hope he shows well because frank and tyus can’t each play 40 a game.
"Challenge accepted!"

boheim.jpg

Saw this too. Not a huge loss but hurts the depth. Howie is going to have to be ready to contribute some good minutes.

Disagree -- this is a BIG loss. We've sustained injuries in recent years -- heaven forbid something happen to either Frank or Battle now [and as we all know, Battle had a recent scare with his back]. Losing an experienced player harms depth, potentially forces us to play a guy who might not be ready, and takes a shooter off of an already anemic shooting team. To say nothing of having to now play guys who are being asked to do a LOT on both ends of the floor damn near close to 40mpg.

With any luck, this can be repaired. We're a better team with Thorpe than without him.

Injury or not, I was underwhelmed by Geno's early play (though I appreciated his energy). This is pretty bad for the team. Can't have two guards playing 80 minutes a night, though Boeheim was going to test that. Now it's set in stone.

On the bright side, looks like we've seen the last of the dreaded three-guard lineup.

With Frank's emergence as a legit ACC point guard I'd much rather Washington get those minutes. HW's upside is likely much higher and at the very least he's a four year player.

We're insanely thin and it hurts depth and that is frustrating, but he didn't do anything to earn time over FH.

Injury or not, I was underwhelmed by Geno's early play (though I appreciated his energy). This is pretty bad for the team. Can't have two guards playing 80 minutes a night, though Boeheim was going to test that. Now it's set in stone.

On the bright side, looks like we've seen the last of the dreaded three-guard lineup.
I think HW will be able to provide minutes

I've been wanting to see what Howard Washington can do, but not in this way. I hope Geno's subtraction from the rotation doesn't hurt the team for too many losses. The team has to roll with what they got, and I'm pulling for HoWash to play well.

With Frank's emergence as a legit ACC point guard I'd much rather Washington get those minutes. HW's upside is likely much higher and at the very least he's a four year player.

We're insanely thin and it hurts depth and that is frustrating, but he didn't do anything to earn time over FH.
How has Frank emerged as a legit ACC point guard? We've played 5 mid majors and 1 bottom half B1G team. Until Frank can consistently get 10/6 against Duke/UNC/UL/UVA/ND/Miami etc, he is not a legit ACC PG. He hasn't done that yet.

Knew this was coming. Excited to see Howard Washington get an opportunity.

When you say knew, had you heard some inside scoop? Or just guessing due to the lack of PT?

I hope the door hasn't been fully closed here and he returns.

I know he hasn't been 100% physically to date. Maybe he will to shut things down for a couple of weeks and see if he can get healthy again and get his head right to return to play.
I don't think he should be allowed to come back. He quit on his teammates the day before the biggest game of the year (so far), coming off the heels of the biggest win of the year (so far). Of course the ankle injury wasn't his fault, but he showed up to campus late and was already behind when he got hurt. He's not holding himself accountable and leaving the team like this is a selfish move.

Even if he's in the doghouse, Washington wants to be here. Next man up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom