Georgetown Game Thread... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown Game Thread...

Not ready to write us off yet. Happens every year in college basketball, a good team falls off the map early in the season only to reappear and people say "When did they become a serious contender?" We have a lot of potential to grow into a more cohesive group, I think we can be that team. The key is to finish the OCC at 10-3.

Boeheim PLEASE -- bench Howard. Other than Lydon, the team shooting horribly. And this time it is not due to great defense by the opposition.
I would too, esp after the dunk, but then who do we have? We get to watch Gillon and Tyus do the same thing.

Boeheim PLEASE -- bench Howard. Other than Lydon, the team shooting horribly. And this time it is not due to great defense by the opposition.
Howard has to play a bunch of minutes and grow. I get mad at him too, but all the potential is there.

Not sure why people in this thread are complaining about fans, empty seats and if they you here. The weather has been horrible for 3 days. It took me 45 minutes to get here from Liverpool. I am drunk and screaming. There's no students, that doesn't help.

We have plenty of goodnplayers just no one to get them in position and good shots

The job of the PG isn't to get every player in position, that's silly. Good shots? Sure. And Howard has shown he can make plays this year but the inconsistency and lapses are maddening.

You want to get players into position? It's called coaching. Offensive SETS.

Frankie just so disappointing against real teams so far. ugh.
and with Battle apparently not 100% and with foul trouble he pretty much has to play. ugh.

Battle just seems like he can't get into the flow of the game, not sure if it's his usage but I think as we go on and if he ends up taking minutes away from Howard we might see more from him.

In all reality, I have no clue because while our results have been consistent JB does seem to be making a lot of lineup adjustments.

Not ready to write us off yet. Happens every year in college basketball, a good team falls off the map early in the season only to reappear and people say "When did they become a serious contender?" We have a lot of potential to grow into a more cohesive group, I think we can be that team. The key is to finish the OCC at 10-3.

There is a "switch" that can flick on at some point. ALL of the needed ingredients are there...the proper chemistry just needs to be developed...sometimes it just happens and is not understood.

Frank has just been awful. Two points (1-4), two assists, 3 turnovers. And his immature decision to try to showtime a two-handed dunk instead of making the safe left-handed layup was just terrible (Bilas agreed).

Not sure why people are complaining about Lydon either today. Not sure what you guys are watching, he was our best player in the first half. He got two fouls and we fell apart.

Can't always bank on them or any team improving. If that's the case then every team improves as a season goes on. We fell apart after a great 25-0 start a couple of years ago.

Not sure why people are complaining about Lydon either today. Not sure what you guys are watching, he was our best player in the first half. He got two fouls and we fell apart.

Lydon is doing everything well and has almost all year, the shots just weren't falling early this year for him. I like him. haha

Praying that someone has the sense of mind to record halftime tribute and post on YouTube...

Mike Lindsley went live during half time, head to his facebook page and you can watch it.

Not sure why people in this thread are complaining about fans, empty seats and if they you here. The weather has been horrible for 3 days. It took me 45 minutes to get here from Liverpool. I am drunk and screaming. There's no students, that doesn't help.
Fair enough. I remember going to a SU/GTown game in early 80's when it was -17 and we parked about a mile away. Different times...

Can't always bank on them or any team improving. If that's the case then every team improves as a season goes on. We fell apart after a great 25-0 start a couple of years ago.
I realize that, I wasn't saying it would happen, I am saying it's possible and for that reason I will wait a few more weeks to write us off.

Edit: Unless of course we drop today and maybe 1 more before conference play. Then our climb may be too steep.

I'm hoping we are not headed toward the valley of complete despair with this game. I suspect it would be the mother of all meltdowns should we lose this game. I'm just not seeing anything promising with this group today. I'm hoping they can play up to the awesome tradition that is Syracuse basketball this 2nd half. Pearl is looking down shaking his head after the first half.

Just too many average players. Expectations were high because people expected development from returning players, depth, and Jim's comments.
Yeh, after watching some old cuse/gtown replays, it's very apparent that we don't have the same collection of talent as in the past. So, my expectations aren't as high.

Praying that someone has the sense of mind to record halftime tribute and post on YouTube...[/QUOTE]

Probably the best post if the thread! Not saying much, it's been rather lackluster, like the crowd and the game, to be honest.

Reactions: MGP
Fair enough. I remember going to a SU/GTown game in early 80's when it was -17 and we parked about a mile away. Different times...

I can't speak for everyone else. Noon games are hard for people maybe.

Reactions: MGP
Watching is kind of tedious. Hope they pull it out, just don't like the way we played for the last 10 minutes.

I'm hoping we are not headed toward the valley of complete despair with this game. I suspect it would be the mother of all meltdowns should we lose this game. I'm just not seeing anything promising with this group today. I'm hoping they can play up to the awesome tradition that is Syracuse basketball this 2nd half. Pearl is looking down shaking his head after the first half.

Well said. Let's hope we see a different 2H.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom