Give me the reasons why you think Dino should stay | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Give me the reasons why you think Dino should stay

as painful as the last 2 games have been getting boat raced for 120 mins, it was expected as Clemson is game we had to win of these 3 as they are less good offensively

Season isn't over. This was the gauntlet of the schedule and the result everyone expected was true. This team can still with 7-8 games.

He's a good man, a good representative of the University, he is recruiting good enough to compete better in the ACC than results show. Cons: No coaching edge, doesn't elevate his coordinators to provide one either.
huh? recruiting ? really? if we’re not dead last each year we’re close

It seems to me if we could just get over the hump on talent level (which we seem to be doing ever so slowly) some of the frustrations about bone headed coaching decisions might disappear.

Maybe a few more yeas of continuity and a 2% increase in talent level per year will get us there. That’s the best argument I can make.

In fairness, though, we need to see how the team finishes out. This has been a painful and emotional 3 weeks.

Mostly I think the kids don’t believe in him anymore, which is different than saying they’ve quit on him.

They really like him so they won’t quit, but They gotta be questioning it all and know the stupid decisions that he is making, ones that make no sense and then he really hasn’t stood up for them by making a big enough stink about the treatment at the hands of refs in The two previous games before this one.

The season won’t end well, starting at vt in that environment. Barring an exorcism, it is going to be really hard to get them to believe in themselves again, and the staff I don’t think I can do it.

If I were his boss, I’d say they have to finish 3–2 to keep his job. That happens and I’m wrong in my takes here in this post.
It’s a good point. If i got fouled i would expect my HC to work the official. You see it in every sport. It’s what’s expected. I would be frustrated if i was a player.

My wife tells me I’m premature every night but she still keeps coming back
1024px-Sildenafil_structure.svg.png

I am emotionally attached to Babers. So much of my little one’s life has involved Orange during his tenure.

I enjoy not having Briles-type scandals.

Accepting behaviors from slimy coaches just because they win isn’t my style.

Reasons for him stay, not really. More like reasons I don’t wanna see him go.

Let’s hear the reasons why we think Dino should stay with the program.
There are none. Dino should have been axed the year we got shellacked by a terrible Maryland team. To me, that season showed that he wasn't capable of preparing a team to compete at the next level. And that lack of competitiveness has been a hallmark of his time here as coach. I don't have an issue losing to better teams. I do have a problem with a program that is seemingly never prepared to even give themselves a chance to win on the field. Dino's results during his tenure here are on par with Greg Robinson.

They don't need a fire him. They can make him a speech writer for the new head coach so when he is on the ACC Network or ESPN they will all love him as an interviewee.

There are none. Dino should have been axed the year we got shellacked by a terrible Maryland team. To me, that season showed that he wasn't capable of preparing a team to compete at the next level. And that lack of competitiveness has been a hallmark of his time here as coach. I don't have an issue losing to better teams. I do have a problem with a program that is seemingly never prepared to even give themselves a chance to win on the field. Dino's results during his tenure here are on par with Greg Robinson.
ZERO college football team would have fired a coach after Maryland, he just won 10 games...that's just nuts but your statement about his tenure on par with Greg Robinson might be one of the craziest statements on this board this year...

He's a good man, a good representative of the University, he is recruiting good enough to compete better in the ACC than results show. Cons: No coaching edge, doesn't elevate his coordinators to provide one either.
Do you watch the games. We have receivers who can’t catch a ball of their lives depended on it. We have an oline that couldn’t pass block a high school line. If you think this is recruiting with our piers you aren’t watching the games. We are at the bottom of the acc every year.

ZERO college football team would have fired a coach after Maryland, he just won 10 games...that's just nuts but your statement about his tenure on par with Greg Robinson might be one of the craziest statements on this board this year...
Let me rephrase that then. After the season where we got pasted by a shite Maryland team and finished 5-7, 2-6 in the ACC, (after being picked to finish second) I lost faith in Dino's ability to win games. I expected the 2018 success to be a foundational thing for an improved program. Instead, we got regression and collapse. Very rarely did I expect a GRob team to win. Dino's teams are the same way. Basically, Eric's outstanding final year here has had the unintended consequence of saddling us for too long with a coach that cannot win.

and for anyone else watching the vile at Schpitt game, I'm not chalking Schpitt up as a win on the crappy Yankee Stadium turf (it's pouring in the Burgh).

There is no reason to keep Dino Babers as Syracuse University Head Football Coach. You have 7.5 years worth of tangible evidence to show you the pitfalls of retaining him. For those of you who feel this team is still a possible nine win team, I remind you that Babers Syracuse teams have won more than two out of the last six games of a season only once (2018) in his tenure here. His record in the ACC is 18-42 which at any self respecting school would get a coach with that record shown the door. 7-5 is a repeat with an easier schedule and 6-6 would be a worse record again with an easier schedule. Babers needs to go!

Let me rephrase that then. After the season where we got pasted by a shite Maryland team and finished 5-7, 2-6 in the ACC, (after being picked to finish second) I lost faith in Dino's ability to win games. I expected the 2018 success to be a foundational thing for an improved program. Instead, we got regression and collapse. Very rarely did I expect a GRob team to win. Dino's teams are the same way. Basically, Eric's outstanding final year here has had the unintended consequence of saddling us for too long with a coach that cannot win.
Those are all fair statements

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom