Given Go-Ahead: ACC and ESPN are a Chanukah and Christmas Wrapping | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Given Go-Ahead: ACC and ESPN are a Chanukah and Christmas Wrapping

As long as you hate Duke and NC State, you're good in ours, too.

Agreed! (Though I have to like Coach K a little, he did win gold for Team USA, but only for that)

ACC lacrosse is going to be downright BRUTAL. I can't wait to see that.

ACC Lax is brutal already. But, (unless you count the NCAA matchups :)) there are only 9 league games a year (6 regular season + 3 tournament). Hard to build a league network up with that. Six members would have gotten the regular season conference schedule up to 15 games, but the twerps couldn't take the heat. If we can't get the Navy/G-town (sorry) hybrid to replace the twerps, I think bringing in Hopkins as #6 would be a great idea. Surely the ACC network could make it worth their while. Maybe Louisville, Pitt, and BC could get into it too.

ACC Lax is brutal already. But, (unless you count the NCAA matchups :)) there are only 9 league games a year (6 regular season + 3 tournament). Hard to build a league network up with that. Six members would have gotten the regular season conference schedule up to 15 games, but the twerps couldn't take the heat. If we can't get the Navy/G-town (sorry) hybrid to replace the twerps, I think bringing in Hopkins as #6 would be a great idea. Surely the ACC network could make it worth their while. Maybe Louisville, Pitt, and BC could get into it too.

It would be cool if NCSU could restart their lacrosse program, and, if the others you mention could get going.

Adding Navy and/or JHU for lacrosse would be ok by me. GU can go pound sand.

As long as you hate Duke and NC State, you're good in ours, too.

Already hate dook.Never gave NC State much thought one way or another,but from reading their fan forums since our invitation,I think it's going to be real easy to really hate them ALOT.

Already hate dook.Never gave NC State much thought one way or another,but from reading their fan forums since our invitation,I think it's going to be real easy to really hate them ALOT.

Especially their jack off b-ball coach.

Especially their jack off b-ball coach.
let's look at it from another perspective...JB likes Coach K; USA BBall team that has won two Gold medals...Coach K had JB as an asst...I would disagree with hating Coach K...been good for 'Cuse and JB reputation...now when we beat their ass this year in NCAA...I will have Coach K on the bottom of the barrel.

let's look at it from another perspective...JB likes Coach K; USA BBall team that has won two Gold medals...Coach K had JB as an asst...I would disagree with hating Coach K...been good for 'Cuse and JB reputation...now when we beat their ass this year in NCAA...I will have Coach K on the bottom of the barrel.

I'm referring Nc state's coach, gottfreid. Like and respect coach k, hate duke

NCSt Internet fans will be our new Rutgers Internet Fans.

Syracuse fan board law: must have one fan base we irrationally despise and needs to be reciprocated.

The only thing holding it back is the NCSt board refusing to approve our requests to post on their board.

I'm holding out to see what fan base I like least. I live in NC and NCSU fans usually pale in comparison to UNC

Syracuse fan board law: must have one fan base we irrationally despise and needs to be reciprocated.

The only thing holding it back is the NCSt board refusing to approve our requests to post on their board.
Mark, they dont let me on either...little do they know!

I'm holding out to see what fan base I like least. I live in NC and NCSU fans usually pale in comparison to UNC
I'm in Charlotte and the UNC fans are a little elitist, but we can hang with them.
By far, NCSU fans are the bigger pains-in-the-ass, IMO.
They talk a much better game then they play, & their inferiority complex is palatable.
They STILL b*tch & moan about the OttoMan Empire's takeover of their homecourt last year...like I'm supposed to apologize for it.
Get a clue, Wolfpack...it's what we do! :cool:

Agreed! (Though I have to like Coach K a little, he did win gold for Team USA, but only for that)

I appreciate that Coach K stood up for JB last year when others were calling for our coach's head on a platter. Coach K knew that he was speaking out against popular opinion. If he received any legal advice prior to offering support, I am sure that it was against doing so. He publicly offered JB support when he really should not have. He did so because he thought it was the right thing to do. I respect and appreciate that.

Was it their forum on Scout, PackPride? If so, you can see why they are considered to be the absolute WORST fanbase in the ACC. Of the originals, only Maryland comes close.

Some of the things I could tell you about the wolpfackers would make you just shake your head.

Was it their forum on Scout, PackPride? If so, you can see why they are considered to be the absolute WORST fanbase in the ACC. Of the originals, only Maryland comes close.

Some of the things I could tell you about the wolpfackers would make you just shake your head.

Yes,it was PackPride.

They randomly ban people at the drop of a hat. I got banned without ever having posted a single word on their site.

What even more surprising is that some of their worst posters are MODERATORS!

They are a delusional bunch. They want to blame all of their athletic woes on Carolina. And, they're trying to press their powers that be to leave for the SEC. I doubt that the NC General Assembly would look too kindly on them leaving when the ACC is still a very solid conference. So, they pout, and, blame us some more.

LOL, they just fired their FB coach, who had a 5-1 record against us, beat top 5-ranked teams in Raleigh the past two seasons, and, won their past two bowl games. He was 7-5 this season, and, he got fired.

They ran off Herb Sendek as their BB coach. All he did was take them to six straight NCAATs, and, a Sweet 16 berth. He is a decent human being, and, a good coach. But, their fans made it so uncomfortable for him there, that he left to go to Arizona State.

Those are the type people you will be dealing with.

One caveat: not all State fans are bad, but, a sizeable enough number are. Enough to taint the entire fanbase as kooks.

Yes,it was PackPride.

PackPride (aka PP) is bad. Bad enough that Scout threatened to shut it down temporarily. If you believe the stuff posted on InsideCarolina (aka IC) about it. Some of it, I do believe. Some of it, absolutely not.

To be fair, there are some good guys on there, but, they get shouted down by all of the 'UNC runs the ACC' conspiracy theorists.

I'm in Charlotte and the UNC fans are a little elitist, but we can hang with them.
They talk a much better game then they play, & their inferiority complex is palatable.
They STILL b*tch & moan about the OttoMan Empire's takeover of their homecourt last year...like I'm supposed to apologize for it.

I'm in Charlotte too. The way I see it as a whole UNC fans are the majority and are defiantly elitist with how they view their program. This isn't all of them but a majority of the ones I have run into. Then comes the lesser but ever noticeable Duke fan that will chime in when they hear a UNC fan pipe up. The least majority of fans I have run into is NCSU. A few I have run into defiantly were woken up when we took the arena over and still bitch but if we did the same to either of the above I would imagine you would hear it way more than you have from state fans.

Resonator, how do you feel about ACC tourney at MSG?

Where do I sign up? I think it would be INCREDIBLE. Maybe not the spectacle that the Big East Tournament (which I truly enjoyed) was, but, it could be something special in its own right.

The ACCT has a storied history in the Greensboro Coliseum. Its also had some great ones in Charlotte, Atlanta, and, Landover, Maryland, as well.

IMHO, the league should spread the wealth around. I like the idea of rotating it between Greensboro, Charlotte, Atlanta, and, MSG.

Thoughts?

As your time in the ACC goes by, you will it even moreso close up. We are to blame for EVERYTHING bad that happens to them.

As your time in the ACC goes by, you will it even moreso close up. We are to blame for EVERYTHING bad that happens to them.
You should have seen their reaction to our fans invading their arena for our basketball game last year. Major butthurt.

Where do I sign up? I think it would be INCREDIBLE. Maybe not the spectacle that the Big East Tournament (which I truly enjoyed) was, but, it could be something special in its own right.

The ACCT has a storied history in the Greensboro Coliseum. Its also had some great ones in Charlotte, Atlanta, and, Landover, Maryland, as well.

IMHO, the league should spread the wealth around. I like the idea of rotating it between Greensboro, Charlotte, Atlanta, and, MSG.

Thoughts?

I'm adopting this guy.

You should have seen their reaction to our fans invading their arena for our basketball game last year. Major butthurt.

Dude, we LOVED that! Butthurt does not even begin to describe their state of mind...LOL.

I'm adopting this guy.

Thanks. :)

My own POV is this...we are all in this league together. Key word being 'together.' And, for it all to work to everyone's best benefit, there has to be some give-and-take. Especially in the beginning, from those of us already here, to those coming in. And, the biggest and best offer in the interest of conference unity is having the ACCBT at MSG.

I can pretty much guarantee you that many old time ACC hoops fans will turn their nose up at the mere thought of it. But, for the event to continue to survive and thrive, it needs an injection of something new and exciting from time to time. And, what is a bigger excitement injection than NYC?

Now, the ACCCG for football is most likely set for a long run in Charlotte. What we as fans of ACC teams have to do is get our butts to Charlotte for the game, even if our teams (in this case, UNC and SU) aren't playing. Thats what makes the SECCG so much fun, IMHO. You'll see fans of the other schools there, just for the game, and, the atmosphere is amazing. We can do that, too. We HAVE to.

Sorry for the mini-rant, guys...LOL. I get carried away once in a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom