Given Go-Ahead: ACC and ESPN are a Chanukah and Christmas Wrapping | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Given Go-Ahead: ACC and ESPN are a Chanukah and Christmas Wrapping

Dude, we LOVED that! Butthurt does not even begin to describe their state of mind...LOL.
hope your fans don't do the same when we invade the Dean Dome next year... :cool:

Was it their forum on Scout, PackPride? If so, you can see why they are considered to be the absolute WORST fanbase in the ACC. Of the originals, only Maryland comes close.

Some of the things I could tell you about the wolpfackers would make you just shake your head.
The Scout board has denied just every Cuse fan request to join to post...really nice Southern Hospitality.

hope your fans don't do the same when we invade the Dean Dome next year... :cool:

Oh, you got jokes now, huh? LOL!

Our fans knowing Syracuse is going to be at The Smith Center will almost assure a sellout, and, a tough time for your fans looking to 'take over' the Dean Dome. Good luck with that. ;)

Oh, you got jokes now, huh? LOL!

Our fans knowing Syracuse is going to be at The Smith Center will almost assure a sellout, and, a tough time for your fans looking to 'take over' the Dean Dome. Good luck with that. ;)
My goal is to get down to the first games there and at Cameron Indoor. no matter how much I have to pay. So maybe it will be a 1 man takeover but it's gonna happen haha

It is UNC's responsibility to fill their Dome...if they leave seats open we'll fill them...UNC has a great fan base...I think we'll have better luck filling Wake Forest's Gym.

NCSt fans = Rutgirls Fans almost uncanny look-a-likes

Where do I sign up? I think it would be INCREDIBLE. Maybe not the spectacle that the Big East Tournament (which I truly enjoyed) was, but, it could be something special in its own right.

The ACCT has a storied history in the Greensboro Coliseum. Its also had some great ones in Charlotte, Atlanta, and, Landover, Maryland, as well.

IMHO, the league should spread the wealth around. I like the idea of rotating it between Greensboro, Charlotte, Atlanta, and, MSG.

Thoughts?

Just so you know you are the exception not the rule from your fans base in my personal experience.

I love the idea of rotating it. I would like to get rid of Greensboro from the rotation though. I don't know if MSG would want it every third year but as for Charlotte and Atlanta it is already like that so not a big deal for those cities. It's a step back for NYC unless they get the catholic 7 tourney there every year and early enough that ACC could come in periodically.

The Scout board has denied just every Cuse fan request to join to post...really nice Southern Hospitality.

Have you tried to get onto InsideCarolina? You might have better luck there, with a more chatty fanbase.

And, go to the Georgia Tech board, The Hive. Do yourselves a favor, and, read some of the 'Big 12 Expansion' threads. There is a lot of good info about what the real truth is concerning the ACC, media deals, rumors, etc. The Techies are cool hosts, and, I guarantee you, you'll have some laughs along the way, too.

A word of warning...on the IC football board, do not take any talk of 'UNC to the SEC' personally Its all about denying State a place, more than anything else.

My goal is to get down to the first games there and at Cameron Indoor. no matter how much I have to pay. So maybe it will be a 1 man takeover but it's gonna happen haha

If you do go to Chapel Hill, make some time to see the basketball museum. As a fan of the game, I think you will enjoy it.

Cameron Indoor Stadium is amazing. And the Duke campus is gorgeous (as is UNC's). The Duke student body can be so funny, they will make your sides hurt from laughing. They are LOUD, and, the atmosphere will feel like a March Madness game.

Let me suggest to you two other places, and, I bet you'd have never guessed them. Visit Littlejohn Coliseum at Clemson, and, Tallahasse Leon County Civic Center at FSU, for games. Yeah, I know neither CU nor FSU are basketball schools, but, the atmosphere at both places is hard to beat. They ROCK those buildings when Carolina is in town. Both are damned hard to beat in them. Trust me, Carolina visiting either place makes me uneasy, because both are tough outs at home. And, both have very loyal and welcoming fanbases. Some of the best folks you will ever meet. I guarantee that you enjoy visits to both arenas.

Just so you know you are the exception not the rule from your fans base in my personal experience.

I love the idea of rotating it. I would like to get rid of Greensboro from the rotation though. I don't know if MSG would want it every third year but as for Charlotte and Atlanta it is already like that so not a big deal for those cities. It's a step back for NYC unless they get the catholic 7 tourney there every year and early enough that ACC could come in periodically.

Believe me when I say, I understand. Personally, I find the most obnoxious UNC fans to be alumni. I am not an alumnus. So, whenever I evaluate anything to do with Carolina, I believe my decisions are less clouded by loyalty to the University than theirs would be. But, I diress...

In regards to the ACCT, Greensboro will NEVER go away. Trust me on that. It is the Home of The ACCT. Way too much history there.

Not to mention, the ACC's corporate offices are located in Greensboro.

Playing it in MSG 1-2 times a decade would be cool.

Believe me when I say, I understand. Personally, I find the most obnoxious UNC fans to be alumni. I am not an alumnus. So, whenever I evaluate anything to do with Carolina, I believe my decisions are less clouded by loyalty to the University than theirs would be. But, I diress...

In regards to the ACCT, Greensboro will NEVER go away. Trust me on that. It is the Home of The ACCT. Way too much history there.

Not to mention, the ACC's corporate offices are located in Greensboro.

Playing it in MSG 1-2 times a decade would be cool.

I know getting rid of Greensboro isn't realistic but I don't particularly care for it. There is more things to do for fans in the other three cities. Just my personal insert I would rather it be in Charlotte every year.

I know getting rid of Greensboro isn't realistic but I don't particularly care for it. There is more things to do for fans in the other three cities. Just my personal insert I would rather it be in Charlotte every year.

Yeah, nobody will ever compare Greensboro to the rest of those cities. Even us native North Carolinians.

Is the ACC tourney a tough ticket - or not so much anymore?

Yeah, nobody will ever compare Greensboro to the rest of those cities. Even us native North Carolinians.

Is the ACC tourney a tough ticket - or not so much anymore?

It been down a bit in recent years, to be truthful. Since most of the league has struggled on the court, interest in the tourney waned some. The last two have been really good. Not BE type good, but, nonetheless compelling. In 2011, it was the thought of a 3rd UNC-Duke meeting in the final. Which we got, and, Duke won. Last season, it was whether or not FSU could finish off the fine season they'd had up to that point. And, they did.

Back before the NCAAT took just 40 or 48 teams, it meant more. A good showing in the ACCT could make or break a team's shot at The Big Dance.

And, let me tell you, it was absolutely INSANE when I was growing up.

Syracuse, Pitt, and, Louisville will inject some much needed enthusiasm into it. Thats for certain.

If you would have taken the time to read my post that quoted Arb's original post (page one), maybe you would have been able to follow along. It's a long shot but I'd give you a 50/50 chance.

Hint: he went back into his post and changed the font, genius.
How was the Mall?

It been down a bit in recent years, to be truthful. Since most of the league has struggled on the court, interest in the tourney waned some. The last two have been really good. Not BE type good, but, nonetheless compelling. In 2011, it was the thought of a 3rd UNC-Duke meeting in the final. Which we got, and, Duke won. Last season, it was whether or not FSU could finish off the fine season they'd had up to that point. And, they did.

Back before the NCAAT took just 40 or 48 teams, it meant more. A good showing in the ACCT could make or break a team's shot at The Big Dance.

And, let me tell you, it was absolutely INSANE when I was growing up.

Syracuse, Pitt, and, Louisville will inject some much needed enthusiasm into it. Thats for certain.

No city beats NYC for a conference tourney. NYC creates the electricity. No offense, but Greensboro is an underwhelming location for a group of top tier terms to gather and play.

No city beats NYC for a conference tourney. NYC creates the electricity. No offense, but Greensboro is an underwhelming location for a group of top tier terms to gather and play.

I agree. I think they do an every other year thing. The exposure in NYC is crazy - and they can fill the void left by the BE. It's time to start new traditions for the conference. There will be pressure on the Carolina schools to make this move - especially if we (or Pitt or Louisville) really dominate for a few years. I think they'd be crazy to skip out on NYC just to keep tradition.

I agree. I think they do an every other year thing. The exposure in NYC is crazy - and they can fill the void left by the BE. It's time to start new traditions for the conference. There will be pressure on the Carolina schools to make this move - especially if we (or Pitt or Louisville) really dominate for a few years. I think they'd be crazy to skip out on NYC just to keep tradition.

Right and last I checked this was all about money. It's not like we're the only school with grads in NYC. I hope sanity prevails and everyone gets to experience the electricity of a conference tourney in NYC. There is nothing like it. Nothing, not Greensboro, not Atlanta, not DC.

How was the Mall?
Dam, I'm glad I didn't take the odds.

Besides, since you're the biggest Chicken Little on this board, I'm shocked you'd even respond. I assumed you'd be hunkered down somewhere near the Great Divide in your doomsday bunker. The Mayans are never wrong.

Oh well, you know what they say about making assumptions.

Fair enough, but, the historical relevance of the city to the league will keep in there on a regular basis.

While I would really like to see the ACCT at MSG, the traditionalist side says Greensboro HAS to be on there, too. :)

The ACCT is rotated on a regular basis, amongst Greensboro, Charlotte, Atlanta, and before, Landover, Maryland.

I am personally excited at the thought of playing in MSG. Maybe Boston Garden, too.

The ACCT is rotated on a regular basis, amongst Greensboro, Charlotte, Atlanta, and before, Landover, Maryland.

I am personally excited at the thought of playing in MSG. Maybe Boston Garden, too.

I agree that it would be nice if they could get the ACC fans to embrace some new traditions but you are definitely correct when you state that they will never eliminate Greensboro. The state of Carolina fans were all moaning about tradition when the tourney was held in Atlanta. And now with the Coliseum making million dollar renovations and with the new swim center soon to be the site of ACC and NCAA events...well let's just say that the ACC and Greensboro are attached at the hip.

Right and last I checked this was all about money. It's not like we're the only school with grads in NYC. I hope sanity prevails and everyone gets to experience the electricity of a conference tourney in NYC. There is nothing like it. Nothing, not Greensboro, not Atlanta, not DC.

I think the only thing keeping NYC out of the rotation is the BE long term contract with MSG. But, that is liable to change. Whomever the BE turns out to be, they will probably want a rotation of their own.

On a football note, how about Duke-Syracuse at the Meadowlands or FedEx field? [Yes I know it looks like that matchup won't happen very often.]

In retaliation to the B1G, I want Indianapolis. An 8 hour drive from DC, I would definitely go.

On a football note, how about Duke-Syracuse at the Meadowlands or FedEx field? [Yes I know it looks like that matchup won't happen very often.]
So 5 people can show up to the game? :crazy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom